- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't own anything at all.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Inspired by a thought of Pam being a very protective mother.
Jim, Pam, and their 4 year old daughter, Morgan, had just arrived at the local park on a perfect Saturday afternoon in the fall.

"Ok, Morgy, you go have fun. Mommy and I will be right on that bench watching you, Ok?"

"Ok Daddy." said Morgan. She started to run away when her mother called her back.

"Sweetie, be careful, Ok? Don't go near the monkey bars, we don't want you to fall off and hurt yourself."

"Ok Mommy, I won't." Pam felt a little bad, her little girl meant everything to her, and she didn't want to see her hurt. Still, she could tell her daughter was disappointed she couldn't go on the monkey bars yet. It seemed a lifelong dream to Morgan.

She watched her little angel run away to the play set, then sat down with Jim on a close bench, turning so she could see him.

"Jeez, Beesly, a little harsh with the no-monkey bars thing." Jim said with a giggle.

Pam let out a small laugh. "I just don't want her to hurt herself."

"God, you're so possesive." Jim said jokingly.

"Oh, and you're not? Sweetie, don't forget to wash behind your ears!"

"I was just protecting her from the oh-so-scary world of germs, Pam." said Jim.

"Oh, right."

"Hey, there's Mark. We should go say hi."

Jim's old roommate and his wife, Liz, had also brought their son to the park.

"Ok, but really quickly. I want to keep an eye on Morgan." said Pam.

"Come on." said Jim, pulling her hand towards Mark and Liz.

"But, Jim..."

Pam turned her head and saw Morgan sliding down the swirly slide. She would be Ok for a minute, right?

"Hey, Mark. Liz."

"Jim," said Mark. "Long time no see man!"

"Hi Mark, hi Liz." said Pam shyly. Pam had always felt out of place with Jim's friends, perhaps because she and Jim had been, and still were, the best of friends.

"So, what have you guys been up to?" said Liz.

"Not much, just taking Morgan to the park. She was begging us to bring her."

"So was Jason. I guess kids just know when the weathers perfect for playing." said Mark.

"Yea. I remember when I was a kid..." said Jim, but that's all he got out before he heard Pam gasp.

"Oh my god!" said Pam.

Morgan must have noticed that her parents were talking and not watching, because she had done the one thing her mother had told her not to, hang on the monkey bars. Unfortunately, Morgan wasn't strong enough to hold on for a more than a couple of seconds.

Pam darted at her daughter who was laying weeping on the ground.

"Sweetie, are you Ok?" said Pam, who felt like she, too, was about to cry.

"My arm hurts, Mommy!" Morgan said in between sobs.

Pam picked up her little 4 year old.

"Oh, shh, it's Ok, honey, it's Ok."

Pam carried her back to where Jim was standing.

"What happened, Morgy?" said Jim.

"I...fell...Daddy." she was still sobbing, though not quite as much now that she had both of her parents with her.

"Let me see. Ooh, that looks like it hurts. But Daddy knows how to fix it."

He gently lifted his daughters arm to his lips.

He lightly kissed her arm right in the middle 3 times, then kissed her tiny little nose.

"There, does it feel any better?"

"It's all better Daddy!"

Pam and Jim looked at each other and shot huge grins at the other.

"How did you do it, Daddy?" said Pam.

"Oh, well, that's easy, Daddy's a magician. He's got all sorts of tricks up his sleeve."

"That he does," said Pam, "That he does."
Chapter End Notes:
The end. PLEASE review. I really want to know what you guys think. I might write more if you guys like it. Reviews are Jim and Pam, people, and Jim and Pam are love!


jimandpaminlove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Day At the Park also liked 1089 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans