- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I own nothing. Ever.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I think I ended up making Elly and italianfood hold my hand since this is the first thing I've written post-writer's block. They are amazing.
“You want to hear something kind of lame?” She asked after what felt like hours of silence. She wasn’t entirely sure what to say to him and he didn’t seem much too interested in talking anyways. When they got to his apartment they basically just headed to bed, neither of them really feeling like going to sleep but basking in the comfort of the other one just being there.

“Sure.” As she turned to face him laying on her stomach his hand reached out and started to rub her back in small comforting circles. She scooted a little closer to him with a small timid smile on her face.

“I thought it was going to be you tonight. Not Andy.” She didn’t look at him directly because that would mean seeing his instant reaction which could lead to dangerous territory. Instead her eyes focused on the curves of his chest and the small amount of hair that would poke out from his collar with the way he had the first couple of buttons undone. Something she was certain he did just to drive her crazy and was now no longer aloud to do at work. She didn’t see him stare at the wall, sucking his bottom lip in to his mouth just to bite it a little. She did notice when his hand stopped moving on her back and he rolled over to where he was lying on his side with her half folded under him.

“It was.” His words are soft in his deep voice that screamed disappointment to her ears.

“I was hoping it was going to be you.” This was new. They had never talked about her feelings when it came to progressing their relationship. Everything had been set to his pace and when she never told him not to propose he just assumed that it was something she wanted too.

“I had the ring in my hand and everything but Andy got the words out first.” His eyes closed as her hands started roaming around his body starting with his back and then moving up and down his side.

“I saw the way you were looking at the parking lot when we got outside and it all just kind of clicked for me. You had a new kind of look. I like that look.” Her words and her motions were kind of absentminded.

“I hate that parking lot. It has a habit of disappointing me.” It never crossed his mind how the words he was unsteadily speaking would sound to her and it caught him off guard when she started to pull away and move over to her side of the bed.

“You told me you loved me in that parking lot.” Her voice was wounded and there couldn’t be anything but hurt in her eyes. Reflections of memories she wasn’t all that proud of. “Kind of life altering in my opinion.” She was now facing away from him entirely on her side keeping her eyes closed as she felt him love behind her imprinting himself to her body wrapping a tight arm around her. Small kisses landed on her shoulders and whatever skin he could find. “I ended a ten year relationship a month before my wedding and you moved to another state to get away from me.” There was a sence of irony.

“Hey…” he whispered squeezing her to him even tighter than before.

“No. It’s okay.” She turned to face him. Her eyes were had a little bit of watery but not enough to cause any real tears. “It puts that whole meant to be thing in to perspective” She gave him a small smile. “I mean, you did move all the way to Connecticut because you didn’t want to be around me and now we’re in bed together a little disappointed because you didn’t propose.” He started to lay kisses all over her skin again.

“I am going to ask.” He rolled her over on to her back while he was hovering over her half on his side. “I’m going to ask.” He said again kissing her flat on the lips. “I’m going to ask.” One last time before his lips were practically permanently attached to hers ready for and eager for what was coming next.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you like it. Even if you don't I'd really like to hear about it in one of those really lovely reviews that manage to make my day.


ISayOye is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Comfort. also liked 1702 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans