- Text Size +

The photographs were finally taken. Pam was glad to get away, because Toby's tight hold during the pose was getting to be a bit uncomfortable. She walked back to Jim, who seemed like he was either lost in though or ready to kill Andy. It was hard to tell.


“He stole your thunder, didn't he?” Pam asked.


Jim hadn't noticed her walk up, so it took him a moment to grasp what she said. He was certainly relieved when he figured it out. “You could say that,” he said through a sad smile.


“Well, I guess you'll just have to kick my ass some other time,” she said warmly.


She was always great at cheering him up, and he loved the fact that she could read him so well. “I think I can manage that.” With that, he took her hand and they walked back to the lawn chairs.


They passed by Andy, who was wandering around looking for something. They just chalked it up to him being his usual eccentric self and continued on. They didn't continue too far, though. Standing before them now was someone they certainly hadn't expected to see at Toby's farewell party.


“Katy,” a mildly stunned Jim blurted out.


“Hi, Jim ... and Pam,” she said, slightly stunned herself, having noticed them holding hands. “You guys are together. Wow!”


“Yeah, for almost a year now” Pam said pleasantly. She wasn't jealous, but she did move a bit closer to Jim just in case Katy didn't get the point.


“I thought you guys were just friends, but it all kinda makes sense now,” Katy said, as she relived the moments of the ill-fated booze cruise in her head. She tried to recover with a bright smile. “Well, I'm really happy for you two.”


“Thanks,” Jim said, still not entirely comfortable with seeing her. “Not to be rude, but I guess I'm wondering why you're here?”


“Well, there's something I wanted to talk to you about,” she said. “I called Mark, but he said you didn't live there anymore, but he knew you had a work party tonight.”


“Okay, but I guess I'm wondering why it couldn't have waited,” Jim replied, with only a tinge of annoyance in his voice.


Before she could respond, Kelly came up from behind her, holding a little girl in her arms. “Oh my god, Katy, she is the cutest thing!” She handed the girl back to Katy.


“Jim, meet Sadie, “Katy said, with a nervous smile. “She's your daughter.”


Jim and Pam could not form coherent words at the moment. Even Kelly was shocked into silence.


Andy walked up to them, looking more than a little desperate. “Have you guys seen where Angela went? We're engaged and I can't find her!”


Everyone was still too shocked to listen to what Andy was asking, much less care about it.


“Real helpful, guys!” an increasingly distressed Andy said to the silent group. He stormed off in frustration. “ANGELA!”


Chapter End Notes:

I dedicate this one to my fellow Gilmore Girls fans, who suffered something very similar to this. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans