- Text Size +

 

It was a beautiful night. Everything Jim had done in preparation for this had been perfect. The fireworks lit up the sky to create that magical moment he was looking for. Pam looked over at him with such a bright smile that he wondered if she knew what was up. He didn't care, though. This girl was obviously in love with him, and there wasn't going to be a better moment than this to ask her to spend the rest of her life with him.


"Hey," he said, grabbing the ring in his coat pocket.


Pam looked over at him in nervous anticipation, but she was still smiling. She did know what was coming.


Jim got down on one knee in front of her. "Pam Beesly..." he started, but was immediately interrupted.


"James Halpert?"


Jim turned around to notice several police officers standing there. He immediately stood up and so did Pam.


"Are you James Halpert?" the officer asked.


"Yes?" a confused Jim responded. What could this be about?


"Mr. Halpert, you are under arrest." The officer immediately walked behind Jim and began to handcuff him.


It happened so fast and Jim was so shocked that the handcuffs were on him before he could protest.


"You have the right to remain silent,” the officer said, as he began reading the list of rights, but he was quickly interrupted.


"WHAT THE HELL?" Pam shouted. At first, she thought it was a joke, but she quickly realized that it wasn't. "What are you doing? Leave him alone!"


"Mam, please don't interrupt," one of the officers sternly warned her.


"Look, I understand my rights,” an angry Jim said. Even as he was being arrested, Jim couldn't stand someone talking to Pam like that. “What is this all about?"


"Corporate fraud, Mr. Halpert,” the arresting officer responded. “According to Mr. Howard, you were assisting him in recording fraudulent sales information."


Jim started to respond to this, but knowing his rights, he decided against it. The police began to lead Jim away.


"Don't worry, Jim! I'll be right behind you. I'm gonna bail you out!" Pam said, following them to the police car.


Andy Bernard was extremely frustrated as he watched all of this go down. It had ruined the big moment he planned. Thankfully, the commotion started to die down after the police put Jim in the car and left. Now it was his turn to surprise everyone. Andy walked up to the stage and grabbed the microphone.


“Can I have your attention, please?” he asked the crowd. “I've been waiting for the right moment to do this,” he continued, but he started to look worried. As he scanned the crowd, he couldn't find the person he was looking for. “Has anyone seen Angela?” he asked.


The few that were paying attention to him muttered that they hadn't. She must have gone somewhere during the commotion.


He started to sound more desperate as he shouted into the microphone. “Come on! She was just here! ANGELA!”


Chapter End Notes:

I plan on doing two more chapters of this. The worst is yet to come.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans