- Text Size +

Chapter 1

  

“Come on, you haven’t gone out since you’ve been here,” whined Kelly, Pam’s roommate.

 

“I’ve just been busy with classes and settling in.” explained Pam.

 

“I understand, but this is Chicago, and you haven’t seen any of it.” Replied Kelly.

 

“I know,” said Pam.

 

Kelly was right. Pam had been in Chicago for a month and still hadn’t been out. The whole idea of being in Chicago still terrified her a little. When she first arrived she was nervous about meeting her new roommate, but Kelly was really nice. She talked a lot, especially about her boyfriend, Ryan. Kelly first started pestering Pam to go out about a week after she arrived, but Pam kept making up excuses, and now a month later she couldn’t come up with any more. She was doing well in her classes so far, and to be honest, she needed to get out and socialize. Kelly had been pestering her long enough.

 

“Alright, I’ll go out,” sighed Pam.

 

“Yeah!” exclaimed Kelly. “I know the perfect thing to do. Ryan’s friend Kevin is having a huge party at his house, and we are so going. The whole basketball team is going to be there, and all those guys are so totally hot, but Ryan’s hotter. You should so hook-up with one of them.”

 

“I don’t know if I’ll hook-up with one of them, but I’m excited to go.” Replied Pam.

 

“Alright, we only have two hours to get ready,” said Kelly.

 

****************************

 

“Hey man, great practice today,” Kevin told Jim, giving him a high five.

 

“Yeah, you too. We’ll definitely make it to nationals again this year,” replied Jim excitedly.

 

“Totally, hey what are you doing tonight?” asked Kevin.

 

“I’m not sure, probably going over to Karen’s, why?” replied Jim.

 

“I’m having a little party at my house tonight,” said Kevin.

 

“And by little you mean about 100 people right,” smirked Jim.

 

“Well, yeah. I couldn’t invite everyone I know,” Kevin replied laughing.

 

“I don’t know, you know parties aren’t really my thing,” Jim said hesitantly.

 

“Aw come on. I was talking to Kelly and she was telling me all about her hot roommate…Pat, I think. You should totally hook-up with her,” said Kevin.

 

“Dude, I have a girlfriend,” Jim replied.

 

“Oh yeah, how long have you two been dating?” asked Kevin.

 

“I don’t know, about two months, but she’s great. She’s smart and beautiful, and confident. I think she could be the one,” Jim stated.

 

“Didn’t you say that about your last girlfriend, Katy, until she dumped you to go to fashion school in New York. Something about wanting to be a famous purse designer,” Kevin replied.

 

“Yeah,” Jim replied, “But that was last year and I moved on. Karen is great, and I don’t want to do anything to mess that up.”

 

“Whatever you say man, but whatever happens in Kevin’s house stays at Kevin’s house,” Kevin said with a wink. “Come on man, you have to come. It won’t be much of a party without the star of the basketball team there. Everyone will think you and I aren’t tight. You can even bring Karen.” Kevin persuaded.

 

“Nah, Karen went home for the weekend, some birthday thing for her father. I’ll guess I’ll come and make an appearance,” Jim joked.

 

“Alright man,” Kevin said excitedly, “The party starts at 10, so be there at 11. I’ll even introduce you to…Pat, I think.”

 

“I’ll be there at around 11,” Jim said walking to his room.

 

Jim was still a little hesitant about going to his party, especially without Karen, but he knew nothing would happen.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review and give me tips or advice


hugejamfan is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked College Baby also liked 69 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans