- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
New chapter! Sorry for taking so long to update. However, I might only update again in October. So, you'll have to wait. I want to thank EmilyHalpert for being an AWESOME Beta!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Up. Left. Right. Down.

Angela. Angela Martin. Angela... Bernard? Angela Schrute? Angela.

Andy wanted to have the wedding 2 months after the proposal and she was just not happy (that being an understatement). She'd wanted to write an e-mail 2 days before her wedding night. She knew exactly to who. She needed to tell someone something quick. But she couldn't think of what to say and that resulted in her nervousness and her twisting her engagement ring.

Dwight, I wanted to to tell you...

Up. Left. Right. Down.

Dwight always did respect her the way should respect a woman. Andy did not respect people, he kissed-up to them. He never respected her but she didn't mind; It was Andy. No one could really rely on him. She thought back to her times with Dwight. How he held her, how he was always there for her, except when Sprinkles died. She decided not to take that into consideration, however. Andy wasn't as considerate as Dwight was and probably never would be.

Dear Dwight, I think that...

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She didn't know why she said yes. Maybe it was to make Dwight slightly jealous and angry. Maybe it was just because she couldn't say no to a guy she'd been dating for so long. Maybe she wanted to get back at Dwight because they had been together for so long and he never proposed. But, it couldn't have been his fault. If it were his fault, they wouldn't have been together very night, would they (she could hear Phyllis saying 'who's the office mattress now?')? Angela even went up to Dwight the next day and said that she was just feeling out of it that day and that them sleeping together meant nothing.

Whatever it was, the way Andy proposed wasn't the way she wanted. Dwight would've proposed simply and in private, which was what she liked. Public displays of affection was not her thing. Dwight wouldn't have had a big proposal.

My Dwight, please don't...

Up. Left. Right. Down.

Sure, the way Andy had asked her out was great. The many ways he used to ask her out were all nice. But after she'd finally said yes, it seemed like the relationship was swerving towards a dead end. She was purposely acting impossible just so that he could probably break up with her and save them both from this dead relationship. But, she couldn't break off the wedding.

She thought about how much money he spent on the damn thing. He insisted on a big wedding. It was not what she liked. She always had dreams of her own wedding (even Angela had fantasies, dreams and wishes). She would be wearing a simple gown that emphasized on the right parts. She would have her hair down and her cats would be next to her parents who would be standing next to her. She wanted a church wedding with just a few close people there with her. Her man of her dreams would be standing in front of her and smile adoringly at her. The people invited would look at her with their full attention. She would be the queen that day.

However, this wedding and their wedding was not even the same. She knew that what little girls dreams of would never come true when they grow up. But, she thought at least one part of her dream would come true. Nothing was the same as her dream in the wedding. Even the guy wasn't her dream man. Dwight would have made sure to have the wedding the way she wanted it.

Dwight, I love you...

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She finally just lost it and got up furiously. She took off her glistening diamond ring and threw it on the oak wood table. She also wrote a note saying:

Dear Andy,

We're over. I'm leaving your cassette of songs sung by you on top of your shredder at work tomorrow.


She realized it was harsh, especially since it was this close to their wedding day. But she didn't care. She had wanted to say that for so long and with adrenaline pumping through her veins, she took her car out and went somewhere.

She knocked on the door.

Knock. Knock.

Finally it opened.

"Angela, what are you..."

But, before he could finish, her lips were firmly planted against his and he passionately kissed back. It was the rashest thing she had ever done before but she knew it was worth it.
Chapter End Notes:
Wow, alright. Please review!


beetsarelove is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Up. Left. Right. Down. also liked 1185 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans