- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Still not a writer!!!!

 

Phyllis was sitting with her head down on the table when she heard the door open. She knew Pam was nervous, fidgeting with her necklace was a dead giveaway. Phyllis stood up and immediately hurled a ton of apologies at Pam, telling her that this is none of her business, and if Pam never wanted to speak to her she would understand.  She waited for a response, thinking the worst Phyllis' eyes lowered to the floor.

She never expected what happened next.  Suddenly Pam was in her arms sobbing almost hysterically,  not really being able to understand her Phyllis guided her to the table and sat her down and pulled up a chair next to her.  Phyllis took her hand and said "Sweetie you know you can tell me anything"

"He's leaving me"

 "Who Roy?"

"Jim, he's going to Australia, and then he's transferring to Stamford"

"Did he give a reason?"

Pam tried to calm herself enough to explain the events of Casino Night. She told Phyllis how Jim had confessed her feelings and when she said she couldn't, that she was engaged getting marrying in a matter of weeks, he simply stated there wasn't nothing left for him here.   He wished her all the happiness in the world, and said goodbye.

Phyllis cautiously asked " Do you love him?"

Pam thought about it "I honestly don't think I can live without him. He's the first person I want to share anything that happens with.  He makes me feel important and appreciated, like I matter.  This last week has been unbearable, I feel like apart of me is dying."       

"Well honey I think you've answered my question"

Phyllis watched as Pam smiled for the first time in over a week.  Pam of course, was very concerned that she had missed her chance with him.  Phyllis couldn't help but laugh " Are we talking about the same Jim Halpert,  I think he would wait a life-time for you."

They sat for a while talking, Phyllis knew the next few days would be hard for Pam but they might also be the best of her life.  They walked out to the parking lot, and she wished Pam the best, Pam only had the weekend before Jim left for Australia.

 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans