- Text Size +

Phyllis almost drove herself and Bob crazy that weekend.  She went over to Bob's and told him everything.  Bob knew bits and pieces of the story,  she filled him in on their relationship,  Bob knew that she had always wished nothing but the best for them.  Bob assured her " If these two are as meant for each other as you say, then it will work out.  If he loves her as much I love you, there's way it couldn't"

By Monday morning, she almost couldn't take it.  However on the one day she's looking forward to coming into work, she's late.  Forgetting to fill her gas tank, and then a wreck on the highway, she was over an hour late. 

Walking though the glass doors, she sees Ryan sitting at reception.

"Is Pam sick?"

"Yeah, neither she or Jim will be in today."

"Oh"

"I almost forgot, you have flowers again, I put them on your desk."  

"Thanks Ryan"

She walked over to her desk. Bob was so sweet to her, he really didn't have to send flowers all the time.  She opened the card and seemed to laugh and cry all at the same time.

 

PHYLLIS

I O U BIG TIME!!!

LOVE,

JIM

P.S.  Bob Vance is a lucky, lucky man.

 

Phyllis put the card back in the envelope and thought to herself.   Why yes he is.

 

fin 



Officegirl75 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The witness also liked 1905 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans