- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not a writer never claimed to be. Please review honestly.

 

As soon as she hit the SEND button, she regretted it. 

"Boy you have really put your nose where it doesn't belong" she thought to her self. What right did she have meddling in co-workers personal lives?  She just hoped that she hadn't ruined her friendship with Pam.

She had liked Pam from the beginning from the instant they met. She was warm and funny and immediately with the help of Jim, began to make Dwight squirm, which tickle Phyllis to no end. She was surprised to find out that Pam was engaged to Roy from the warehouse, she didn't know either of them well but they just didn't seem to fit. Over time she wondered about their relationship, Pam never seem to light up at Roy when he came up to the office, they way she did at Jim during their most intricate pranks.  When Pam spoke of Roy, she always mentioned that they had been together since high school,  Phyllis immediately understood.

Phyllis and George had known each other since the sandbox, practically.  Neighbors and friends since kindergarten, their parents spent countless weekends and vacations togeter it was almost like they were one big  family.  In high school their feelings changed and Phyllis thought her life was set, marry George and live happily ever after.  So while they were both trying to finish school and plan the perfect wedding neither of them noticed how much their relationship had detiorated. She thought as soon as things slow down alittle, we'll be back to they way we were.  She waited and waited and after two years of marriage realized that her life wasn't really her own anymore.  It mattered more what George's collegues thought of her, than what she thought of herself.  So when George's job keep him late at night, she really didn't notice,  when she finally found out about the other woman, she was honestly relieved.  She has an excuse to leave.

Not having the courage to even look up she was surprised to see Pam slip a piece of paper on her desk on her way to the copier.   

Can we talk after work?

Phyllis could only nod to Pam.   She immediately called Bob and told him she would be late.

The rest of the day was pretty much a blur, and when the rest of the office flied out for the night she made her way to the breakroom, ready for her execution. 

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans