- Text Size +

Pam’s breath steadies, and Jim knows she’s fast asleep. He’s wide awake, staring ahead at the bright red numbers on the clock, indicating he should be sleeping as well. It’s something he’s grown used to, how can he not be kept up at night? With Pam in his arms, his thoughts always turn to her. Even if it means a little less sleep at night, he never complains.

Sometimes he can tell Pam’s awake at night, and he pretends to be asleep, just so he can feel her movements, and he wonders what’s going through her head, too.

Sometimes he studies her face when she’s asleep, hair untidy, mouth hanging open, and he wonders how someone could be so beautiful.

Sometimes he tells her she’s beautiful, and she laughs it off, but then she gives him that half smile, eyes full of love, and he not only sees her beauty, but he feels it as well.

Sometimes, when she has her moments of clarity, and she knows what she wants to do with her life, he wonders if he’s good enough for her, but then she hugs him, and kisses him with a wide grin on her face, and he knows that happy future she imagines; he’s definitely in it.

Sometimes he’s amazed at everything that’s happened in the last few months, and he knows, even after everything that happened before, he wouldn’t change the past.

Sometimes he wonders if they’re ready to take the next step, but he knows if they don’t, he might lose the best thing that has ever happened to him.

Sometimes he can’t wait to ask her, but he knows the perfect moment is coming, so he clutches that small black velvet box a little bit tighter, and waits for that moment to come.

Sometimes he can picture their future so vividly, he wonders if it’s real. He knows it will be, so he holds on to those images and lives in the moment.

Pam sighs, tearing him from his thoughts. He looks down at her, and finds that she has her chin propped up on his chest, just staring at him.

Busted. He smiles at her, and trails his hand that was resting on the small of her back up her bare back and into her hair.

“Can’t sleep?” She whispers.

“Yeah, just don’t want to.”

“Why’s that?”

“Just thinking.”

“About what?"

“You.”

“Oh, yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, sometimes I think about you too.”

She smiles when she sees the surprised look on his face. She closes her eyes and wraps her arms tighter around him.

Sometimes she waits for him to go to sleep, before she thinks about him again.

Chapter End Notes:
WHOOOHOOO!!! 15 REVIEWS! You guys are amazing! I'm so pleased with the response to the first chapter, how can I NOT post a second one? Hopefully it's as good as the first one was. Enjoy! This one's for you guys!

Thanks to mhp614 for being my first ever beta!



malaz85 is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Sometimes She Thinks About Him also liked 2560 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans