- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Oh, here we go! I hope everyone enjoys! Everyone who's reviewed already, you guys are incredible and deserve a bajillion yogurt lid metals! (:


Pam mustered up all the courage she had, and, shutting her eyes tight, tight, tight, she stood.

“I object!” One, two, three voices rang out in unison.


Silence. Complete and utter silence. Pam slowly opened her eyes and looked around the hall. Next to her, Will was standing straight as stone, his expression fixed towards the front of the room. His fists were clenched tight, his brow furrowed.

Pam debated what to do next. What she really wanted to do was run away, far away, and never look back. What the hell had possessed her to stand and do this? Why couldn’t she have just let the other two people object, and she could go back to being Pammy Beesly, shy receptionist, not Pam Beesly, wedding objector, possible life ruin-er. Oh boy.

The silence was interrupted first by the priest. “Oh dear!” he uttered. After he spoke, an uproar or hushed whispered rippled through the room.

“Will? What the hell are you doing?!” Karen asked incredulously, and only then did Pam realize that Will was in the midst of stomping towards the front of the room, fists still clenched.

“Karen, you can’t do this! You can’t marry him!” Will had definitely gone into hysterics. He was gesturing wildly to Jim, who wasn’t really paying attention. His gaze, Pam realized, was on her. His brow was furrowed and his eyes dark. He looked…hurt…and troubled…and confused. Okay, this wasn’t one of her more thought out plans, but who cares? She could not let this happen, no effing way. Pam tore her eyes away from Jim and focused her attention again on Will, who was still bumbling and stuttering and trying to grab Karen’s hand.

“What the fuck are you talking about?! This is my wedding!” she shrieked, tears starting flow down her cheeks.

“I know, Kar, I know! B-But…but you can’t marry this guy! He’s not good enough for you!”

Excuse me?!” a voice shrieked from the front. Pam whipped her head around to see who it was and gasped. She was the only other person standing, the third person to shout “I object”, and currently marching towards Karen and Will. Jim was staring at her, his mouth open and slack.

Mom? What’s going on?”

Everyone watching gasped a little, but Jim’s mother kept speaking. Pam took this cue to slowly walk towards the front of the church, her heart was beating like a hummingbird’s.

“Young man, that is my son you are talking about, and if anything, he is much too good for her!” her arms were flailing and she looked as if she was dangerously close to slapping Will in the face.

“Excuse me, lady? What did you just say about my Karen?” he took a step closer to Jim’s mother, who was being dragged back to her seat by a tall, older man with blond hair and Jim’s eyes that Pam assumed was his father.

Let go, Jonathan. This man is way out of line!” she hissed to her husband, who let go and put his hands up in surrender. Pam looked up to see Jim’s reaction, and saw that he was just staring at her, a blank expression on his face. She cleared her throat quietly and looked away.

The priest, who had all but fallen over, took this opportunity to take charge.

“ATTENTIOOOOON!” he shouted, startling everyone and causing a dead silence to fall over the room once again. “Thank you! Now, since apparently we have some people who think this wedding ought to be called off, it’s only fair that we hear what they have to say!”

Pam was shocked that a man that looked to frail could be so….loud.

Will was the first to turn and address the wedding guests.

“Um, hi. My name is William Mattera, and I don’t think this wedding should go through because I-I….” hi voice faltered but he looked back at Karen, who was softly weeping into her hands. “I am in love with the bride.” He turned quickly back to Karen, enveloping her in his arms. She didn’t hug him back, nor did she pull away, she simply just kept sobbing and sobbing and sobbing. After a minute she was sobbing so loudly that her father had to come up and lead her and Will away and to the front pew, where she sat and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed some more.

Jim’s mother had just marched back to her seat, nudging Pam forward as she did. ”Say something!” came a whisper, but Pam wasn’t sure if it was Jim’s mom or her own head talking to her.

“Pam?” Jim’s voice came softly, and she realized he’d been staring the whole time. She walked toward him, grabbing his hands. He winced but didn’t pull away.

“Y-you can’t marry her, Jim. You can’t.” she whispered pleadingly, imploring. He shut his eyes and took a deep, steadying breath.

“Why not? Tell me why not, Pam.” His eyes were still closed, but he gripped her hand tight, tighter, tighter. A tear slipped down her cheek and she went on.

“B-because I love you. I’m in love with you, Jim.” His eyes flew open and he gazed at her, searching her face for a sign that maybe, maybe she was bluffing, and when he didn’t find it, he wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his chest. He smelled amazing, like sandalwood and rain and fabric softener and she inhaled deeply.

“Tell me you mean that Pam, please tell me you mean that.” Jim said, his voice shaking, and Pam realized he was crying too.

“I mean it, I do. I love you, Jim. I will always, always love you.” And with a soft gasp he crushed his lips to hers and everything around them, the church, the priest, Karen’s sobs, melted away and Pam thought that she would never, ever feel this amazing again because his lips were soft and delicious and velevety and her whole body was tingly and warm and she felt electric.

When they broke apart Pam was grinning ear to ear, and Jim was stroking her cheekbone with his thumb, warmly, lovingly, and she held him tighter, burying her face again in his chest, thinking that she could never, ever love a man like she loved this one.

“I love you, Jim.” she whispered softly, urgently, tears still slip-sliding gently down her cheeks.

“I love you, too, Pam.” he buried his face in her hair and placed a kiss on top of her head, and she knew that everything was okay.

Chapter End Notes:
Whoa! Okay! I hope everyone is happy with this chapter! Review, review, review, or I'll be forced to clamp my hands in a George Forman grill, and we don't want that, right? Next up: The reception!


gamesetmatch is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked I Object also liked 1828 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans