- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't own Jim and Pam or Boys Like Girls OR Thunder. [As much as I may want to.]
Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer.

Pam woke abruptly to the sound of the radio coming from the alarm clock set on their nightstand. Their nightstand. Not our nightstand. She thought. She was so groggy all she could do was curse Jim for convincing her to set that thing on the radio instead of the alarm like everyone else. Another mindless pop hit, she thought. She frowned at the prospect of having to face the cameras for the first time in 3 months. Escaping that thought, she tried to focus on the music. Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer. No truer words had ever come to her. Jim's voice had been the soundtrack of her summer, and it had been the most wonderful summer of her life. Planning their small but wonderful wedding with him, having intimate conversations with him about their future, spending every waking moment with him. She knew that's how it should be. Her and him, together forever. God, she was corny. She rolled over and watched him sleep, desperately begging for time to stand still so she could stay here in bed with him forever. Silently, she whispered,(It was much too corny to ever say to his face, "Jim Halpert, your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, and the soundtrack of my entire life." After minutes, she knew they had to get ready. They were running pretty late. "Hey, Jim, wake up. Honey, wake up."

It was his favorite way to start the day. With her glowing smile so close to his own. How far had they gone to come here? Too far. But it was all worth it. We're stronger now because of it, he told himself for the millionth time. "Good morning, gorgeous. How did you sleep?"

"Very well, thank you, Mr. Halpert. And how did you sleep?"

"Horribly."

"Oh, I'm sorry,...I was just playing along. What happened?"

"I couldn't sleep at all. I was thinking about my amazingly hot fiancée."

"Oh, now I'm jealous. Well, I hope you're happy with her."

"Oh, yes, we're very happy." She smiled her beautiful smile, that smile that lit up every corner of his heart and soul. He couldn't resist, he pulled her even closer to kiss her, his lips fitting hers perfectly, as if they were made for his.

"So, I'm the soundtrack of your summer, huh?" he said with a small giggle.

"Oh, God, you heard that?" she said embarrassed and pleased at the same time.

"Yes, and I'm glad you feel that way, because I just went to Wal-Mart and picked up my copy of "Pam Beesly:Almost a Halpert." Yea, that was the soundtrack of my summer, I put it on my iPod. It's one of the best CD's I've ever bought."

"Really? Did you listen to track 13, "We're gonna be late for work if we don't hurry?" Or, track 9, "If we don't work we won't have any money to go on a honeymoon?"

He let out an exaggerated sigh. "Yes, Beesly. I'm getting up."
Chapter End Notes:
Please review! I've thought this up for a while. More to come if I get reviews!


jimandpaminlove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Thunder also liked 2083 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans