- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I'm new here and I've decided to take a break from my original story to write a bit of fanfic fluff for you all as my way of saying hello. Let me know what you think. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, the belong to the original authors respectively. Please don't sue. You won't get much. :) Lyrics by Incubus.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Dedicated to my own Jim.
To see you when I wake up, is a gift
I didn’t, think could be real.


She smiled as she slowly woke, keeping her eyes closed and falling into the warmth surrounding her. She snuggled into his chest, getting lost in his scent as it filled her lungs. A happy sigh passed her lips when she felt the strong arms around her tighten. He brought his lips to her ears.

“Hey you.” His voice was rough with sleep. She giggled when his stubble brushed her cheek. Biting her lip slightly, Pam opened her eyes.

“Hey.” She whispered. He smiled.

“Morning.” She let out a small whine.

“Is it already?” He laughed softly at her complaints as she tried to hide in his chest.

“I’m afraid so, my love.” Butterflies fluttered wildly around her heart and she let them. She looked up to meet his smile.

“Jim, make it go away...” His smile broke into another chuckle as he kissed the top of her forehead.

“Make the morning go away?” She nodded. He rested his chin on top of her head and pulled her close.

“Well, I can’t stop time but lemme see what I can do.” He loosened his grip around her waist and reached for something, fumbling slightly. She shivered at the lack of warmth.

“Here, sweetheart.” He pulled the covers up to her shoulders.

“What’d you do?” She asked.

“Took the batteries outta the clock. Now it can be whatever time you want.”

“My hero.” He smiled and sat up. She frowned slightly.

“What’re you doing?” He let out a yawn as he stretched his back like a cat.

“Goin’a brush my teeth.” She pouted.

“Oh. Okay.” He moved to stand but she caught his hand with hers. He looked down at her, eyebrows raised in question. She smiled and motioned for a quick kiss, but grabbed him around the waist and pulled him down before he knew what’d happened. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around the small weight on top of him.

“Isn’t a man allowed to brush his teeth anymore?” She placed her arms on either side of his head as she looked down at him, bringing their lips close but not touching.

“Absolutely not. It’s too early.”

“But Pam it’s-” She cut him off with a kiss, slow and hard. It left them both breathless.

To know that you feel the same, as I do
is a three-fold utopian dream.
You do something, to me
that I can’t, explain.


He smiled as he spoke. “I love it when you do that.” She looked into his eyes.

“I love you.” A look of mild surprise flashed through his eyes but it was soon replaced with a sparkle she’d never seen before. He put his hand to her cheek and she leaned into the feeling, eyes never wavering from his. His voice was soft.

“I love you, too.” They shared a kiss, deeper this time, filled with a feeling neither of them would ever be able to describe. She rested her head against his chest as he held her close. She yawned slightly and his fingers found their way into her hair, playing with it idly. She knew that soon they’d have to face the world but for now it was just the two of them, and that was really all that mattered.


Paper_Lanterns is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Morning View also liked 1793 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans