- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Also, story title and lyrics within the story are from Travis'"Driftwood". I don't own any of those rights either.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I have no idea how long this one might be...Hope you enjoy it.

An exercise in stream of consciousness…taking place somewhere between Casino Night and Gay Witch Hunt. Pam’s thoughts on confessions.
You really didn’t think it would it happen, it really is the end of the line

I’m sorry that you turned to driftwood, but you’ve been drifting for a long, long time.




She reached over and shut off the blaring radio. Today was the day; this was the moment she had been waiting for.



Every morning since Casino Night, she had been struggling over his confession…whether she would have enough courage to repair the damage inflicted in two sharp words:” I can’t.”



Every passing second since he had walked away from her had been spent wondering exactly why she didn’t have the courage to tell him the truth. It had taken nothing more than the caress of his lips, the sweetness of his words, the gentle half-smile he wore on his face as he kissed her or told her good bye for her to regret the outcome of that night.



Now, she was wallowing in her own personal pit of despair, thinking he had moved on without her. She had never realized that he would confess not only feelings for her, but that he was in love with her. She didn’t think it would happen; yet he had uttered the words with such intensity that it brought tears to her eyes as she remembered the moment. If only she had an ounce of such bravery.



It didn’t matter now, seeing as she couldn’t stand his confession being the end of their friendship. She wanted, just as Jim did, more than that. She wanted to have an excuse to act on all the impulses she’d been ignoring out of respect for Roy.



She wondered what it would be like for Jim to kiss her again without it being wrong, without the fear of being caught by a jealous fiancé, able for her to confess that she loved every moment of being with him.



Pam couldn’t let “I can’t” be the end of something so beautiful.



She was tired of drifting around, even in the beginnings of her fancy new life, without having him.



As she reached for her cell phone and dialed the familiar numbers, Pam knew this was her moment to finally put both feet on the ground.



Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Please review and let me know what you think!


moneybeet is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans