- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
This is a Disclaimer for the Disclaimer: Not mine, I copied and pasted from the example.

The day started off like any other regular day. People were doing their jobs. Then Dwight walked in to make an announcement.

“I have decided to have an office inspection. There has been a rumor that someone is sneaking in alcohol and drugs to the office. This is not appropriate for the office and we need to take care of this situation completely. I ask for everyone’s cooperation. Thank you.”

Michael (Interview) “I might have had a little party last night. But I was sure that we got rid of all of the alcohol. I don’t remember anyone doing drugs though…”

Dwight (Interview): “I came in this morning and I smelled alcohol. I did not find the source but I plan on doing so. I will get to the bottom of this”.

Dwight (to everyone) “I am going to inspect everyone’s desk during your lunch break. It will be better if you are not there while I am inspecting it”.

Stanley: “That is an invasion of privacy”

Dwight: “I will do what I have to do to save this office from going in the wrong direction of drugs and alcohol.”

Jim starts talking to Dwight.

Jim: “I was hoping that maybe I would be able to take something out of my desk before you started inspecting. It’s kind of um personal.”

Dwight: “I am sorry Jim but I cannot do that. And I think that I will start by inspecting your desk”

Jim (Interview): Uh, yeah, there’s something in my desk. It’s, uh, yeah, kind of personal so…

Pam (Interview): Do I know what’s in Jim’s desk? No… (gets worried look on face) Why, should I?

New scene:

Jim is talking to Pam by her desk.

Jim: So, yeah, I’m just going to get some lunch. Do you want anything?

Pam: Nah, I’m OK. I’ll see you later.

Jim waves and walks out of the door. Pam looks over at Jim’s desk.

Pam (Interview) “I think that I am going to look through Jim’s desk. I mean he would want that right? I mean better me then Dwight, right? So really I am saving him. Yeah. That’s right. I am doing the right thing. I think that I deserve to know, I mean I AM his girlfriend. I’m doing the right thing”.

Pam is looking through Jim’s desk. She finds some paper work. Buried under a lot of work she finds a velvet bag. In the velvet bag she finds a ring box.

“Oh my god”

Dwight “Pam! Get away from the desk!”

Pam quickly puts the box back before opening it and puts the box back in the bag and puts the bag back in the desk. She returned to her seat just as Jim walked through the door.

Jim: “I know that you told me not to get you anything. But I thought that you would like an apple”

Pam: Thank you, that was very kind of you.

Pam stood up and kissed him on the cheek.

Jim: What was that for?

Pam: Oh um it’s just um…thanks for the apple.

Jim: Ok…

Dwight: Jim, I’ve checked your desk. You’re clear. But I am still watching you.

Jim: That’s great Dwight.

Dwight: But you really shouldn’t keep such valuable stuff in your desk.

Jim: What are you talking about.

Dwight: That ring, yeah not so smart to keep it here. Especially with all of the alcohol and drugs.

Jim: Oh, its for my mom…

Jim (Interview): I just really love my mom.

Pam (Interview): Jim just really loves his mom. (Smiles).


Morine is the author of 7 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans