- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
This is a Disclaimer for the Disclaimer: Not mine, I copied and pasted from the example.
Today was a pretty average day. It started out a little cloudy in the morning, which meant that it was going to rain. I made sure to bring an umbrella to work, but if I really needed one, I could have just grabbed one from the supply closet at work. See, I worked at a gas station. I’ve worked there for over four years as a cashier. The job was boring as hell and I absolutely hated it, but I had to put food on the table somehow.

The morning went by pretty fast, though. It was dark out, but that was mostly because of the rain. It started beating down pretty heavily after noon. It wasn’t really that busy, but that was mostly because of the rain. Not many people like to drive around in the rain. They want to be inside.

Ooh, a customer! Finally, some excitement. A guy was paying for a water bottle and a pack of skittles. After paying he walked out and ran back to his car.

Ah, well. It was nice while it lasted.

It was around lunchtime when she pulled her car into the gas station. It wasn’t in front of a gas pump, so I figured that she was just going to get something to eat. Maybe it was her lunch break or something. But when she stopped right outside the store I got a little curious. She had a jacket on and her red hair was tied back. She looked like she was freezing in the rain; she was pulling her jacket close.

A few minutes went by and she was still there. I guessed she was waiting for someone. I didn’t know why she didn’t wait inside – it must have been freezing – but I just let it pass.

After a few moments, I saw someone drive up to the gas station. He parked his car pretty sloppily, which I was upset about. He was blocking other cars. He got out of the car quickly and used his jacket to shield himself from the rain.

He walked up to the girl and her face immediately lit up. She smiled and said something to the man. He was smiling too, but he looked a little nervous. After she was done talking he threw his jacket on the floor…odd. Then he got down on one knee… odder.

At first I was a little confused at what he was doing, but then he pulled out a small box, opened it up, and revealed a ring. The girl’s expression was priceless. She put her hand to her mouth, smiling. After a few seconds – a little longer than usual – she nodded her head. The man started smiling like crazy as he pulled her in his arms and turned her around, kissing her.

They were smiling and kissing and smiling and kissing. After a few minutes he pulled her into his car and they drove away, leaving her car in the dust.

I couldn’t believe that someone just proposed in my gas station. I mean, who does that?


Morine is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Who Does That? also liked 1633 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans