- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

***

Jim throws the newspaper next to her and hands her a cup of tea. "I need you to make five copies of this," he says, handing her the comic section. "In color, preferably."

Pam smiles and rolls her eyes. "I'll get right on that."

"That's-"

"No."

Pam takes a sip of her tea and lifts her eyebrows and glances at him, waiting for his snappy reply. Instead, he just stares at her with this look of wonder and delight and it reminds her of the very first time she woke up in his bed and he looked at her just like that and kept telling her how unbelievable it was and how many times he thought about it.

She smiles again and brings a hand to his face, caressing her thumb over his nose. "Hey you." She whispers. "Not quite the same when you're awakened by a whiny freshman complaining about soy milk, is it?"

Jim laughs slightly and shakes his head. "No, not at all. I like this much better."

"Me too."

He catches the glint of her ring and brings it to his lips, kissing her hand softly. "I.. have not seen you wear this enough."

"That's true. What do you think?" She asks, waving her hand. "A good look?"

Jim stares at her, her hair loose and wild with unrestrained curls and she's wearing his Phillies shirt and the ring rests on the side of the cup of tea as she held it close to her, taking light sips. It was indeed the best morning he'd had in a long time.

He leans to her and kisses her. "I concur."

"Best thing you ever bought," She says, smiling softly. She sets down the tea next to her on the nightstand and takes the sports section out of his hands. "Right?" She asks again.

Jim didn't say anything as she moves to sit on his lap and fights his smile as she kisses his cheek, and his nose, and his ear, and his neck and.

"Hey, I thought we said we'd actually do something today."

"I'm working on it."

"That's-"

Pam laughs. "I said no!"

He smiles as he lifts her off his lap and lays her down next to him, kissing her forehead. "You always ruin my fun, Beesly."

Pam sighs contently as his lips find his throat and she can't help but close her eyes and run her fingers through his hair and think about how every, single time it never gets old. Every kiss feels like the best one and every time she gets to wake up with his arms around her and to his sleeping face and knows how lucky she is that day.. and oh, how grateful.

She snaps out of her reprieve and is slightly amused that he has her shirt halfway off and she can't help but giggle and just kiss him when he pauses in question. "Nothing, nothing.." She says, kissing him again.

"Did I ever tell you how much I missed you?"

"Once or twice."

"And that I love you?"

"Eh."

"How happy I am that you're home? That you're going to be my wife?"

Pam swears that her heart lifts and her stomach does this silly twisty thing and she just smiles widely and brightly and takes his face in her hands and kisses him, deep and soundly, wondering if she can say all she never has the words for.

"Best thing I'll ever do."

"That's-"

"Would you stop it!?"

She laughs and he just smiles as he kisses her again. "Always ruining my fun.."

*

Chapter End Notes:

Maroon 5's Sunday Morning was in my head as I wrote this. And since it's fitting, it became the story title. Whee.

Also, the way Jim looks at Pam when she's talking with Dwight, how his expression never changes and how he just looks like he's just been given the best gift in the world is just ridiculous. Sigh. I want a Jim. Hee.

Thanks for reading. :)



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 15 members. Members who liked Sunday Morning also liked 2573 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans