- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This was written because Toby is totally under-written for.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The door opening was a familiar noise and one that wasn't exactly welcomed. "Toby!" Michael Scott's voice boomed as he exited his office and made his way over to Toby's desk. Toby sighed with resignation, as always, at the anger that was behind Michael's eyes. He was always so pissed at Toby for simply doing his job.

"Yes, Michael?" Toby looked at him, pen gripped loosely in his right hand.

"Why are you trying to make my head explode?" Michael looked to Toby as though he would actually understand the insanity coming from his mouth.

"I-" Toby sighed again, only barely trying to keep the annoyance out of his features. "I'm not trying to make your head explode, Michael."

"Yeah? Well-" Micheal fished a crumpled piece of paper out of the inside breast pocket of his blazer and then threw it, bouncing the misshapen ball of paper off Toby's forehead. "What's this then?"

Toby un-balled the paper as Michael's hands settled on his hips. "This is a notice from Corporate." Toby replied, looking to Michael.

"Yeah, Toby, I know that." Michael rolled his eyes. "What does it say, Mr. Wizard?"

"It says that they are taking away your corporate credit card again." Toby sighed as he said it because he knew what was coming and wasn't looking forward to it. Times like this made him curse his ex-wife; if he didn't have child support and alimony to pay he could quit this shit job.
"But why, what, why would they-?" Michael's frustration at the situation made his thoughts fragment and his words stutter. "Why would they do that, Toby? Huh?"

"Because you used it at Chili's every night the past two weeks." Toby answered with resignation.

"Yeah?" Michael didn't see that this was a problem and Toby knew he'd have to explain it. He really didn't want to.

"I've told you before, your card is for business expenses only. Eating dinner at-"

"Chili's is a corporate friendly establishment. They serve me food and I eat it. I go home satisfied and ready for a full night's sleep, Toby. I'd say that's important, wouldn't you? You wouldn't want me coming in here like Kevin, all droopy and-you know what? Just fix it. Fix that or I'll take away your corporate credit card." Michael pointed a finger at Toby.

"I don't have a-"

Before Toby had the sentence out, Michael was headed back to his office "Fix it!" He bellowed before slamming his office door.

"I'm droopy?" Kevin's sluggish voice came from Toby's left, causing him to turn and face Kevin. A few long and slightly awkward moments passed with the men watching each other.

"Yeah." Toby replied before turning his back to Kevin to get busy with the task of not giving a damn about Michael's credit card troubles. It was almost two in the afternoon and he only had three hours before he could go home and pretend that Michael Scott didn't exist.

The End



AbMo is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans