- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please review and tell me if you like it. THANKS. I might write more if you do. =-)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with theowners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

He looked up from his blinding computer screen and noted she had her head down again, clutching the phone close to her face.

If he strained hard enough he could hear her grumble into the phone. "Well, I know but how big is the deposit?...WHAT?!"

Her voice screeched loudly and she turned red before darting her eyes to make sure no one heard her. "That’s ridiculous…there’s no discounts or anything?...ok, ok…well here’s the card number."

Jim leaned back and stared openly at her furrowed face, her hand resting on her forehead, the phone now cradled between her shoulder and her neck. He could see how frustrated she was and it sucked she had to do all this at work…in front of him.

He sighed deeply and waited until she got off the phone, smirking as she slammed the receiver down with unnecessary force. She didn’t look up, so he walked over to her desk, leaning his long form forward.

"So….what did the phone do to deserve that?"

Her worried face relaxed at the sound of his voice. "It pissed me off. Technology is overrated."

Her brown eyes finally lifted to his, and she smiled sheepishly as she watched him pop a few jellie beans in his mouth.

"Ok Beesly…spill it."

"Well…the caterer needed a deposit, and he lost the original menu, so now I have to fax another over, and its his fault, but he doesn’t want to give a discount for HIS mistake…"

"The bastard." Jim mumbled jokingly. He watched Pam’s face drop again. She seemed so tired, ragged almost, he pitied her.

This wedding stuff was driving her nuts and it was totally unfair that all of it seem to lay at her feet. So he decided to do something about it.

"Ok..that's it. Stop your begging. I will offer you my services."

"What?"

"I’m going to help you plan this wedding."

"No." She shook her head a bit, her mouth open from shock.

"Yes. I am. Come on it’ll be fun."

"I don’t think so." She frowned. "It’s a lot to be done as is."

"Well that’s why I’m here. To help. You're not alone Beesly." His lopsided grin caught her off guard and she couldn’t help but smile back.

"Jim you don't have-"

Now.." he said, cutting her off and reaching over the desk to grab a stack full of magazines. "What are these? Modern Bride, American Bride, The Knot, The Bride Journal, Brides in Bikinis…kinky."

Pam stifled a chuckle. "Jim, have you ever planned a wedding before?"

He looked flabbergasted at her question. "Oh yeah all the time.**pause** Actually no."

She nodded. "It’s really hard."

A grin crept across Jim’s face. "That’s what she said."

Pam held her head in her hands. "This is going to be hilarious."

"Seriously, who else is going to help you? Dwight?"

They both looked at Dwight, who was at his desk smacking each bobble head to make them all bobble.

Jim raised and eye brow and pointed towards him. "He’s obviously too busy doing important things like…whatever the hell he’s doing, so all that’s left is me."

"Fine." Pam agreed reluctantly. "But I’m not used to this. I mean-"

"I know Roy…." Jim said annoyed at the name. Pam noticed.

"And some stuff I’d rather you not know about. So I’ll handle that."

Jim nodded. He knew exactly what she meant. "I understand."

"Ok…well…" Pam starting thinking. "If you’re going to help me. I have to get you a wedding planner notebook."

"Oh my god. I always wanted one of those!" Jim said mockingly.

"Something pink, with flowers on it." Pam sneered.

Jim just shrugged and popped a few more jellies. "Wouldn’t have it any other way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pam pushed her boots off and settled into the old recliner in her apartment. The answering machine had spurted off messages from the panicked caterer, the reception hall, and the florist. Did she want tulips or roses? She hadn’t really thought about it. Lillies were nice, also. She just couldn’t decide. She’d talk to Jim and see what he thought. It was funny he was so interested in helping her when Roy hadn’t been. And how he seemed to do it voluntarily instead of being dragged into helping. She sighed heavily at her to do list and realized even when she thought she made a dent in it, it got longer still. But now Jim would help. And it made her heart swell that he was truly earning the right to be called her best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim went bouncing to her desk early that morning, his smile brighter than usual.

"Guess what I did?"

Pam eyes him curiously, watching him prance to towards her like a little kid. "What?"

"I got us booked for 3 cake testings Saturday."

Pam smiled. "Three?" She quirked an eyebrow at him. " Jim, you just want a valid excuse to pig out."

Jim shifted from heel to toe and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Yeah…yeah I do."

"Well Saturday’s good, because Friday after work…I have to go see the florist." Pam replied thumbing through her planner.

Jim’s eyes widened. "That’s not in my planner schedule. Pam we were supposed to synchronize."

"She just called me yest-"

"I’m going to need you to respect the planner." Jim replied solemnly and shoved his pink wedding planner notebook at her. Pam grimaced and then sighed as she reached forward and kissed it.

"See? Now that you’ve insulted it, I have to write down the appointment so we BOTH have it for reference."

"Freak."

Jim just chuckled. "Oh! Can I come?!"

"To the florist?"

He shrugged. "Uh yeah. I have to make sure they match the color scheme we are going for. Besides, I think you said the theme was lavender and white. We don’t want anything too overbearing, and seeing as it’s a spring wedding…"

Pam watched Jim ramble on in utter shock. He was really taking the planner stuff seriously. "I think you are getting way too good at this. It’s scary."

He gave her a small grin that made her heart leap. "I just want you to be happy with your big day." He said sincerely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tulips." She heard Jim's voice float across the room. She squinted her eyes at the fine print. "Right Beesly?"

"Right."

"Did you prefer the lilies?" The florist asked, scribbling down the instructions given to her.

She looked over at Jim, who shook his head and smiled. She noted he had wandered around the greenhouse while she finalized the arrangements, but it was him who chose the tulips. "No, the tulips were perfect. Violet, and white."

"That’s going to be gorgeous." The florist smiled and walked over to the counter. "Well I counted 5 bridesmaids in your wedding party."

Pam nodded and turned back toward Jim who was now flipping through a catalogue. She tried to see what he was looking at and he must have noticed because he held up a page...THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF BEET FARMING. That made Pam burst out in laughter.

The florist seemed confused at this out burst. "Anything else?"

Pam stiffened and went blank. She's forgetting something, an important detail she was sure. Oh god...think Pam think!

"Boutonnières." Jim replied simply without looking up. He wanted the article for Dwight.

"Oh that’s right!" Pam exclaimed. "There’s five groomsmen also. See I did need your help Jim."

He tossed her a small smile. "Yeah…"

She turned back towards the lady as she signed the receipt. "I can’t believe I almost forgot that."

As they exited the florist she smiled up at the lanky guy beside her. The light end winter breeze whipping through his hair as they walked to the car. He jingled his keys. Her best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His face contorted slightly as he seemed extremely disappointed with the cake he had just sampled. This was their first testing of the day and Pam had to laugh at his devastated expression.

"Rum cake." She replied, taking a small bite.

"Doesn’t taste like rum." He replied simply, flipping back through his planner to the GOT CAKE? section he created. "They need to add more."

"Should it? I don’t want the guests to be drunk and stumbling across the room."

"Why not? Sounds fun." He shoved another piece into his mouth. "Besides this is the only way you’ll ever get Liquor in Angela."

Pam almost choked on her cake. She pointed at another sample. "Pound cake."

"So basic. Here try this." Jim's fingers brought a piece of cake in her mouth and she felt like that was the most intimate gesture he'd ever done. She blushed a bit.

"Devil’s food."

He popped a sample in his mouth. As they chewed the moist cake together each looked at each other with a smile.

"I’m in love." Jim replied and Pam shot him a look. What? It’s true!

"It’s just cake."

"It’s the bestest cake that ever was."

She had to agree. "Oh my…I really love this."

"Is this just for weddings or does she do like bar mitzvahs and office parties too?"

"We still have three other appointments but I really like this cake. But chocolate, what if everyone’s allergic to it? Not everyone likes chocolate." Pam’s face fell.

"Screw them, it’s your day. It’s your money, it’s your cake."

"I guess."

"And you can just have another dessert for those who don’t want the cake."

She nodded her head. Thank god Jim was there. She breathed deeply and inhaled his delicious smelling cologne.

"Do you still want to do the other testings?" She asked timidly.

"Of course...but ya know...I read somewhere people are serving Dunkin Donuts as desserts now... I think that would do well at your reception ." He tried to avoid her look of disbelief.

She swatted him on the arm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Her mother pulled the train out and smiled at her daughter. She looked like an angel in heaven. Forget that…prettier.

Pam had her eyes covered with her hands and for a moment, her mom thought how child-like and innocent that seemed. But her baby was getting married.

"Open your eyes Pam."

"No." Pam muffled into his hands.

"Pamela Beesly.."

"I’m nervous mamma." Pam muffled again.

Sharon Beesly put her hands on her hips. "He’ll love it. How could he not?"

Pam dropped her hands slowly down her face and took in the sight in the full length mirror in front of her. "My god."

Her dress looked like a fairy tail, white silk draped around a satin and lace bodice, adorn with small pearls and spread out like a in an a-line skirt.

"I know. If he’s a man, he’ll love it." Her mom stated simply, her smile matching her daughter’s. "Want to try on your veil?"

Pam nodded. "I wish I had Jim’s opinion right now."

Her mother stopped and gave a pained smile. "Mine isn’t good enough?"

This got Pam flustered. "No, no it is mamma. Really. But Jim’s…my best friend."

"Yes, I know."

"You think he’ll like it?"

"Who?" her mom replied.

Pam smiled sheepishly and then stood serious looking at her reflection. "My future husband."

"I think he’ll love it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim sat down with Mark and chugged a beer.

"This is probably the girliest thing you’ve ever done to impress a woman." Mark snickered and swigged the beer. Jim just smiled and nodded.

"I know…I’m pathetic."

"The first step is admitting there is a problem." His scruffy roommate joked.

But Jim was serious. He was pathetic, head over heels in love with Pam. And helping her plan the wedding, just deepened it. He was whipped and he didn’t even know why.

He watched Mark pick up the pink wedding planner and flip through it.

"So…you’re actually good at this."

Jim snorted.

"No really, if I ever finally decide to stop living this grossly entertaining and quite alluring bachelor lifestyle…I’ll put in a good word for you with future ex-Mrs. Mark Dorsley."


"Wow…already planning your divorce." Jim smacked Mark on the back.

"Yyyyyyep." He said with a grin.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Pam almost jumped across her desk ninja style. Jim just IMmed her.

JimBo763: Guess who I hired to play music at the wedding?

ArtGurl1919: Who?

JimBo763: Scrantonicity!

ArtGurl1919: God no. =O

JimBo763: Please don’t stand so close to me Pam. =-)

ArtGurl1919:
I need to, better reach when I want to strangle you.

JimBo763: I am waiting for my thank you…

ArtGurl1919: You are not invited to my wedding.

JimBo763: :~(

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dwight blindsided Pam as she walked out the ladies room.

"What is this?" He growled out, shoving the opened envelop in her hands.

Pam jumped and tentatively took the envelope, sighing as she realized what it is.

"It’s an invitation to my wedding Dwight."

He didn’t seem moved. "Why? Why would you send me this? When fact: You don’t like me. And fact: you are always pranking me with Jim. Is this a prank? What is he planning?!"

Pam’s eyes widened at Dwight’s reaction to her sending him an invitation. She waved her hand to stop his ranting.

"Whoa, Dwight. Just trying to extend an invitation to you. I mean, sure I’ve done things that….that involve you and a jello mold-"

"And you were in on Jim putting me in a box in the warehouse!"

"Well you volunteered to do that…we had no idea-"

Dwight began to get frustrated and wagged a finger at her. "Schrutes are known detectives. I can sense a trap right away. So if I come and sense any malfeasance on your part, or Jim’s-"

"Dwight it’s my wedding day. There are more important things than pranking you." Pam said softly. Dwight eased off his defensive stance.

Pam smiled. "And I invited Angela," she stated as Dwight gave her a knowing stare. "So you guys can sit together at the reception."

Dwight looked at her for a long time, the silence becoming odd and uncomfortable. "I-I suppose that’s feasible."

"So, yeah. I’m sure it’ll be a blast. No pranks Dwight. I promise."

"I will attend." Dwight replied straightening his tie. "Since it is always good to support your inferiors."

"You are not my superior Dwight." Pam mumbled.

"And I will bring you a fresh basket of beets to symbolize prosperity in your marriage."

Pam nodded hesitantly. "O-okay."

She watched as Dwight went back to his desk and Jim gave her an odd glance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week. They said a honeymoon would have been nice, but they were saving for something bigger…a house, so money was a little tight. She didn’t mind, she loved the idea of owning her own space, and she had already decided on of the rooms would be her studio to paint. She looked at the brochures in front of her. It wasn’t right not going on a honeymoon. She would have loved to leave Scranton and surely something like having just been married warranted a reason. She had only been to the Poconos that one time…

"Yo, Beesly, look!" Jim smiled, holding up a bag of donuts and two coffees as he walked out of the Dunkin Donuts shop. She had waited for him outside and had stopped to look at the brochures of the travel agency next door. She was daydreaming.

She smiled at Jim. "Good, I’m starving."

"What’s that?" he asked, standing beside her at the window.

"Aw, nothing," she begged off. "I was just bored out here waiting for you. The hunger was taking over my mind, so I needed something to read."

He took the brochures out her hand. "Tahiti. Cancun. Bahamas. Hawaii. Italy. They all look nice, especially for a honeymoon."

"Jim…"

He shrugged. "What? Just saying."

Jim pulled out a bear claw and handed it to Pam. She smiled. He knew her favorite donut. He handed her the coffee and two creams and three sugars like she liked. "Well we’ve been running since what…6 am? Tying up last minute arrangements is hard."

"Yeah, I’m so nervous."

"Don’t be it’ll be great." He gave her that all knowing smile that made her feel like things will be okay.

"Yeah…it will. Partly because of you."

It was Pam’s turn to smile.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don’t have to do this." Mark sighed as he watched Jim comb his hair.

"Yeah I do." Jim replied simply not looking at his roommate.

"I can keep the car running outside, in case we have to make a quick escape."

That caused Jim to chuckle. "No, I’m not backing out of this."

Mark shoved his hands in his pocket. "Well good luck with everything. You’re gonna need it. You’re a better man than me."

Jim smiled back at him brightly in the mirror. "That’s what she said."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her dad gave her hand a squeeze and it took everything for her not to cry. Today’s the day. In less that 30 minutes she would have a new last name and a new life. Pam Beesly was gone. She sniffed to hold back the tears. No more being "Beesly" to Jim.

She heard the music play and stood straight, feeling the wedding director straighten her train like her mom did so many days ago. For some reason Pam saw her life flash before her eyes, some sad, some happy. Her teenage years drawing and imagining things. Her creative way of taking out her frustrations on pad. Her life with Roy and the first time she felt safe and secure. Her prom. Getting accepted to school. Having to drop out because dad got sick. Her mom’s cookies. Crying over Roy buying those waverunners with the money they saved. Getting a job at Dundler Mifflin. Meeting Jim. Gaining a best friend. Seeing him smile.

She looked up at her father. "Nervous?" He quirked a brow.

"Just-just a bit."

"It’ll be okay." He was about to cry. Please don’t cry, because then I’ll cry and you’ll cry more…

"I know Dad." Pam smiled.

The doors opened slowly and Pam sucked in a sharp breath, clutching her bouquet. People stood from their seats and the flower girl tosses petals for her to walk on. Pam almost laughed. It was like she had tunnel vision. Focus on the front of the church, get there and things will be ok.

Her dad patted her hand and smiled as she walked pasted a few familiar faces. Angela gave a small smile, and Pam noted she was very pretty when she smiled. Kevin smiled too. And Dwight was there, wearing his grandfather’s tuxedo, smiling as well. She really wanted to laugh. Oscar winked at her, and Ryan gave a nod as Kelly burst into giggly tears. Phyllis was beaming and Michael….gave two thumbs up.

She looked at her mom, who smiled widely and Pam smiled back. When she turned to the front of the church, she began to panic. Where was he? She couldn’t see him!

Her dad looked at her, and they got to the preacher and Pam turned her head to the back of the church…where?

She didn’t hear the preacher ask her father who was giving her away. She didn’t hear her father say her mother and he. She only heard someone clearing their throat. And when she turned, she saw him.

Jim. Standing next to her, a smile on his face, matching the one of hers.

They were getting married today. Just liked they planned together.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reception was a blast. Mark had gotten really close to Pam’s cousin Regina and was working hard to get her number. Kevin’s band played a few songs before the DJ took over, Pam’s mom and Dad were ecstatic and everyone seemed to be laughing and mingling. Michael was doing some sort of chicken dance and had Creed doing it too. Pam lifted her glass of champagne at Jim, who looked very handsome in his tuxedo and with his hair combed back. Right now, he had his jacket off, and sleeves rolled up, just like at work.

"Well, you pulled it off Jim. Perfection." Everything she wanted her special day to be, Jim made it happen. He had insisted on making it happen.

"As if there were any doubt, Bee-" he stopped himself and smiled. "Mrs. Halpert."

"Mrs. Halpert." She whispered as she leaned forward and kissed him.

"I like that."

"Me too." She smiled.

"AHEM. Excuse me. "Dwight’s voice ruined the moment.


"Yeah, Dwight?" Jim seemed annoyed. He was kissing his wife. His wife. His wife. Wife.

"I will forgo the lecture on how inappropriate public displays of affection are…in and out of the workplace. I want to congratulate you. Your wedding ceremony was nice…considering. A lot of purple, but still…nice. And I want to say I brought you a large gift. A plentiful supply of beets.." Pam turned red trying to stifle her laughter. "..for fertility. May you have many strong baby boys who will be beneficial to you labor-wise."

Jim held onto Pam trying not to laugh in his face.

"Thank you Dwight. That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. That-well that means a lot. I plan on getting Pam pregnant as soon as possible. I hear the supply closet at work is good for fertility."

Pam smiled up at Jim. She didn’t mind that actually, having Jim’s babies. Suddenly shouting was heard in the entrance hall, and Jim let go of Pam to check it out.

"What-?"

"Stay right here, I’ll be right back."

"Jim-" she started but he was already towards the door with Dwight, Mark, Kevin, and Ryan behind him.

Pam decided to follow anyway, and she picked up her skirt and marched towards the door. There she saw him, Roy, drunk, red and pushing at the usher who was checking invitations. A small crowd had gathered and she saw Jim step towards him.

"What do you want Roy?" Jim said, his voice dangerously low.

"Oh, look it’s Halpert. How does it feel? To have someone ruin your wedding?! You ruined mine!"

Jim shook his head. "Leave Roy. You’re making a scene."

"Or what?! You took my girl from me. 10 years gone because you snuck in! PAM! PAM! I want to see her!"

Roy pushed forward but Mark and Kevin blocked him. Jim stood tall. He would hit him if he had to.

"Stop it Roy! This isn’t about you! This is her wedding day and if you ever loved her at all, you would respect that!"

"Shut up Halpert!" Roy tried to swing and hit him but stumbled drunk. He slugged Ryan instead.

"Son of a-!" Ryan clutched his jaw and Kelly screamed.

Roy went to advance again but Jim caught him by his collar and pushed him back. They were going to fight.

Pam couldn’t take it anymore. She pushed through the door. "Roy stop it!"

Everyone turned to her. Roy stopped moving as did Jim. They both looked at her. Tears were in her eyes and Jim was crushed. Her day ruined.

"Just leave Roy. Please. I’m sorry I hurt you, I truly am but don’t. do.this." she said the last three words slowly.

Roy nodded blankly and turned to leave, shaking Jim off him. In two strides Jim walked over to Pam and cradled her to him, comforting her. As he should. Always.

And she knew then, she had made the right choice.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Bubbles blew at them as they ran out the reception hall later that night. They climbed into the limo, giggling, intoxicated off of champagne, devil’s food cake, and newlywed bliss. Pam leaned in and kissed Jim as passionately as she could.

When they finally pulled apart to breathe, she smiled. "Whoa! Save that for the honeymoon."

"Well, we’re almost home. I think." She looked out the window. "The limo took a wrong turn. First Roy…now this."

Jim watched her frown for a minute and shrugged. "No…it’s going the right way. See… Airport…10 miles."

She whipped her head at him. "Why are we going to the airport?"

"I don’t know. Maybe because there’s planes there. And we need one to take us to Tahiti. For our honeymoon."

He pulled out two plane tickets.

"Jim! B-but we can’t afford to-"

"Yeah we can." He said kissing her lips again. " Don’t worry about that. We still have money for the house."

"How?"

"My parents said what’s the point of getting married if you don’t have a honeymoon?"

"Jim, are you sure? Can we-what about work?"

"Michael basically gave us 2 weeks off. Well 2 1/2. To recover."

"Jim…"

"Pam…"

She wiped away a happy tear. "Mrs. Halpert to you."



Binxbaby is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked The Pink Wedding Planner also liked 1799 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans