- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow. So yeah, my mind tends to drift into fantasy lands where Jim and Pam say really cheesy things. So if you do not like fluff, I suggest you venture away from this page.
It had been a lazy afternoon for Jim and Pam. They had spent the day in bed with movies playing quietly in the background.

"You know," said Pam softly, "These are my favorite kinds of days. Days where you can just hold me and we are all alone, we don't have to worry about anything else. I makes me so happy to be here in your arms." She smiled sideways to him.

He returned the smile, but it quickly faded.

She frowned now. "What's wrong?"

He hung his head and quietly mumbled "Are you really happy here, Pam?"

Pam was shocked. "What are you talking about, Jim?"

"Would you really rather be here than in New York? And don't spare my feelings. I need to know if I'm holding you back."

"Jim." She whispered, gently trying to lift his head up. "Hey, please look at me."

Her voice sounded so small, weak, and broken that it would have been impossible for him not to look into her eyes.

"I don't ever want you thinking that you are holding me back from anything. And, yes, I'm happy here. More than happy, Jim. Can't you see that? You are...my whole life. I couldn't live without you." Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes. "Do you...do you not want me here?"

It seemed absurd to ask but she needed to make sure.

He pulled her closer and sighed into her hair before kissing it.

"How could you think that? It's like you said, you are my life. The Earth would stop spinning if I didn't have you."

He gently pulled her left hand up to his lips and kissed her ring, the promise she had made, to finally be his forever.

She smiled and pulled her hand back to press her lips to his.

"So do you accept that as a 'Sorry, but I'm not tired of you yet?' "

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Absolutely, I do."
Chapter End Notes:
So fluff galore. As always reviews are appreciated!


NoFireworks is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Romance Takes Hold also liked 1129 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans