- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Same disclaimers still apply.

What the hell am I doing? She won't pick up... it's almost two in the morning. What if she picks up? Oh shit, I never decided what I was going to say! Pam... I'm still in love with you. Pam, I'm sorry. Pam, I can't live without you. Pam...

"Hello? Jim?"

Oh my God... she actually picked up.

"Pam? Hi."

"Is everything okay? It's kinda unusual to call someone at two in the morning..."

"Yeah, I know I just... I really need to talk to you. And I hate doing this on the phone, and I'd rather say what I need to say in person, but I can't wait... anymore."

"Um, okay..."

No turning back now. Definitely not... but start light, don't screw this up, Halpert.

"I'm really sorry... about how I've been treating you."

"Jim, it's fine, you don't need to apologize-"

"No, Pam, I do. I have been one hell of an asshole these past few months and you have no idea how sorry I am. It was a terrible choice, leaving Scranton and not telling you... I should have given you more time. And I shouldn't be with Karen, I know that, but you've been really supportive anyway. And I just-"

"Jim, stop. What are you doing?"

I've heard those words before. And if the words, "I can't," or "You have no idea what your friendship means to me," follow that phrase... I guess I'll just spill it out... all of it.

"I can't run from this anymore, Pam. I'm still in love with you. I still love you. And I miss being your best friend. These past few months... I've been running from those feelings, and I'm tired-"

"Wait a sec, could you say that again?"

Is she hard of hearing!?!? I just handed my heart over to her, again, and she wants me to repeat what I said? I thought I could hear a smile in her voice... might just be misinterpreting things again....

"I can't run from-"

"No, the part after that."

"I'm still in love with you?"

Wait, is she laughing? At least the last time she rejected me she was sad... but this is just cruel.

"Yes."

"Pam, what is going on? Why are you laughing? I can't believe you would do this to me-"

"Calm down, Jim... I'm laughing because I'm happy. No, happy is not the right adjective... blissful is more like it."

Oh my God, she sounds like she's crying now... what has gotten into her?

"Are you alright? Pam, are you drunk?"

"No Jim I'm not drunk. Yes I'm fine... better than fine... but you'll just have to see for your self."

Click.



--------------------------

Chapter End Notes:
Hmmm... maybe I shoud have called this "realizing the importance of a good cliffhanger." I decided to break this one up to keep the chapters short, but I promise you won't have to wait long for chapter 5! Thanks for all your reviews :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans