- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter (I think)! Sorry guys, but this won't be turning into a full on smut-fest... but what's a good ending without a little heartfelt, emotional steam, right?

Same disclaimers still apply.

Jim Halpert was lost for words. Just two minutes ago he was confessing his love for Pam a third time. Now he was utterly confused.

See for yourself? What is that supposed to mean? She just... hung up... on me.

He was having a very long night, longer than the sleepless ones in Stamford and the angst-filled ones for the past three or four years. It started with Karen's call and somehow ended up here.

Jim, who was now sitting up, stared at the wall. Or at least he looked like he was, but his eyes didn't see the wall. They saw that night when she said I can't and his lips met hers and he...

If I keep thinking about this, I will never get to sleep. It's been ten minutes since she hung up... let it go.

Knock. Knock.

Those two little sounds brought Jim back into the present.

This can only be one person. This is what she meant. Is this really happening? One way to find out...

He made his way over to the door, shaking like a leaf, and looked through the peep hole. Pam was standing there, in purple plaid pajamas, shifting her weight and glancing around. God, she's beautiful.

Knock knock knock.

Jim opened the door... and was attacked. Pam wasted no time leaping (literally leaping) at him and wrapping her arms around his broad frame as best she could. All Jim could do was hug her back, he still wasn't really sure what was happening. 

"Pam, you're gonna have to help me out here... what's going on?"

She lifted her head from his chest and looked directly into his eyes. I love her eyes, I could stand her and stare at them forever. He could see a single tear welling up and then she spoke.

"I'm in love with you."

That sent him over the edge. He gripped her tighter, her feet weren't touching the ground. Things finally felt real again. It was like fog had lifted and he could see farther than two feet in front of him. Much farther.

"I missed-" she didn't even get three words out.

Jim cautiously pressed his lips to hers. I hope I'm doing the right thing here... Pam erased all doubts when she moved her hand to the back of his neck and laced her fingers through his hair before lightly touching her tongue to the corner of his mouth.

His knees went weak.

Can't let her go... this just feels right. I won't have it any other way for the rest of my life. She's so warm and she fits in my arms perfectly... her hand on my neck, in my hair, it feels so good... and she tastes good too, smells like raspberries.

Pam broke away to finish what she was saying. "Jim, I've missed you so much, but if you need more time, to sort things out... I can wait."

He kissed her again, mouth open on hers, taking in her scent, her taste. Wintergreen... that is now the best flavor in the world.

When he broke away, he just looked at her. Stared at her eyes through droopy lids. He didn't need more time, maybe a day to break up with Karen, but he definitely didn't need more time than that.

"Nope, I think I have everything figured out."



-------------------

Chapter End Notes:
Well I hope you enjoyed the story, I had a great time writing it. I'm toying with the idea of writing one more chapter from Pam's POV, but let me know what you think. I hope you found this chapter believable, it made sense when I was writing it because I always imagined Pam having somewhat desperate feelings for Jim during season three. Thanks for reading! Any ideas for what I could do next would be greatly appreciated :)


TopSecretMission is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Some Figuring-Out To Do also liked 2693 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans