12 [Reviews - 41] Printer ePub eBook
Summary:

It's not so much that she hates the house - she does, but it's not so much that as it is that he purchased a house without without so much as mentioning it to her beforehand. But she'll never tell him that she hates it. And she hates why she'll never tell him why.

Pam/Alex! (not me, the one from the show)


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Present, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam, Other, Pam/Other
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult language, Mild sexual content
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 12043 Read: 21677 ePub Downloads: 0
Published: January 08, 2009 Updated: February 10, 2009
[Report This]
Story Notes:

Some of you may think I've been looking in on your conversations. I have.

Some others of you may think that I no longer exist. You should know better than that by now.

Some more of you may think that being that it's me writing it, it is in no way going to be your average fluffy Jam fic. You're right.

Why the title? Where is this going? Patience. Soon all will be made clear.

Warning: The tense changes are intentional. I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly enough. Try to keep up.

1. Chapter 1 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 12] 5 (585 words)
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

2. Chapter 2 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 4] 1 (1143 words)
Two timelines slowly converge.

3. Chapter 3 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 3] (564 words)
Watch out for those tense changes.  They'll get ya.

4. Chapter 4 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 2] (1536 words)
The first three chapters were just appetizer.  Here's where the meat begins.

5. Chapter 5 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 7] 2 (1418 words)
Are the rooms at the Pratt Institute really that big?  If they were, I was gypped in my university experience.  I had a roommate in a room smaller than Pam's.  He listened to rave music.  I nearly punched him out.

6. Chapter 6 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 4] 1 (1560 words)

7. Chapter 7 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 5] 1 (1272 words)
Dialogue from Customer Survey by Lester Lewis, transcribed in painstaking detail by me.

8. Chapter 8 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 1] 1 (1844 words)
Trying to find out more about the Pratt Institute's programs and faculty, I visited their website.  For a school that has an entire department devoted to this sort of thing, their website is extremely cumbersome.  How ironic.

9. Chapter 9 by Alex Wert [Reviews - 3] 1 (2121 words)

So here it is: the final installment of my story of the love that dare not speak its name. At least if you don't want fangirls constantly telling you that they don't think it happened.

Two things before I go: 1) Have you seen Hilary Swank's body? Totally hot. 2) That thing Michael said when leaving the motel? "We're off like a herd of turtles"? Yeah, my dad says that. All. The. Time. The rest of that goes: "A herd of turtles?" "Of course I heard of turtles," said like an old country gentleman/foghorn leghorn. Even at its best, it's not even approximating funny.