- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Let me know if you want me to continue...

            The doorbell rang at 6:00 and Pam eagerly greeted Jim.  He looked so sexy with his tussled hair.  He smiled at her and she couldn’t help notice the look in his eyes; it was the same look she had, desire.

            “Wow, you look amazing,” Jim started, not taking his eyes off of her.

            “Thank you,” she blushed, “you’re looking pretty hot yourself.”  She smiled at him, and then he gently took her into his arms and softly kissed her.  He followed her into the kitchen and opened the bottle of wine.

            “Dinner’s almost ready; I just have to toss the salad.”

            “That sounds great,” he said, handing her a glass of White Merlot.

            “Mmmm…this is really good,” she said, taking a sip of the pink wine, “I’ve never had it before.”

            “I’m glad you like it.”  Pam finished her glass and they sat down to dinner.

***

            They talked for a few hours, getting to know each other better.  They talked about their childhoods and life before they had met.  Pam learned that Jim had only had two serious girlfriends in the past, and that both relationships had only lasted a year.  They also discussed their families, and she found out that Jim had an older brother.  They talked about their career goals, which was something they had never done before.  She told Jim that she wanted to get into graphic design, and she was stunned to hear that he wanted to be a teacher.  She knew that he would be great at it, but it still caught her off guard because he had worked at a paper company for so many years.  She had even started daydreaming about what it would be like to marry him.  Although she was engaged to Roy for over three years, she could never see herself happily married to him.  He couldn’t stand kids, and she couldn’t see herself without.  She could tell that Jim would be a great dad. 

***

            After their intense conversation, Jim suggested they watch a movie.  They finally decided to watch The Princess Bride.  It was one of Pam’s favorite movies, and she was doubtful that Jim had seen it, even though he tried to convince her otherwise.  Pam curled into Jim’s side, and he held her in his arms as the movie began.  About thirty minuets into the movie, they both decided it was time to get a blanket.  It wasn’t long before they were both asleep.

***

            Pam suddenly awoke, and realized what had happened.  She tried to look up at Jim without disturbing him.  He looked so peaceful.  She squinted at the clock, and was surprised to see that it was 3:30 in the morning.  She felt Jim moving, and looked up, only to see him looking at her.

            “Wow, I guess I got pretty comfortable there,” he said, smiling at her.

            “Looks like we both did.  Hey, it’s pretty late, and my neck is a little stiff…I was thinking about lying down in bed, if you’d like to join me.”

            “Wow…that...umm…” he stuttered.

            “Oh, no, Jim…I mean, like, if you’d like to keep sleeping.  I was hoping we could go back to sleep, just more comfortably.” She was blushing uncontrollably.

            “Yeah…uh…I guess that sounds okay.  I mean it is like 3:30.  And it’s cold out.  Are you sure though? ‘Cause I could just stay here on the couch.”

            “Well, it’s okay with me, I mean, the couch is really hard and lumpy.  I really don’t mind if you join me.”

            “Okay then.”  She took his hand and led him to bed.



Spicy Curry is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Taking a Chance also liked 1432 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans