- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
At this point, the story has started to veer off from its earlier form with a little more purpose and direction. I battled back and forth trying to decide whether to combine this chapter and the next or separate them. As you can see, I ultimately went with the latter, making this one pretty short. I found the mood changes too much between chapters three and four and there was a good place to end this one.
Same disclaimers still apply, I don't own it. Bummer.

The past couple of days have been... nice. I'm really starting to enjoy myself, going around and doing various things I've never tried before or had the inspiration to do. It's freeing.

Jonathan emailed me again, telling me he would come over this Friday after I get off of work. I even offered him my couch for the night, thinking it would be best if he could stay for a little while. I was a little surprised he accepted, but I think somehow he understands.

I also discovered this really cool park nearby with a running trail, and in one of those completely impulsive moments, I decided to go for a run on it. As I stepped out of my apartment in a paint splattered t-shirt and a pair of shorts I hadn't worn since high school, I had those annoying inklings of fear and embarrassment, but I managed to keep my chin up and just go with it. I ended up having a really wonderful time enjoying the scenery and amiable weather. Later, I doubled over in exhaustion back in my apartment, but it was still worth it. I've even gotten into the habit of running every day.

I did however find it necessary to invest in some proper clothing for my newfound hobby. That's when I discovered Amazon... Kelley had been bugging me to try online shopping anyway. After only a few minutes of perusing the site, I decided I really really liked Amazon. A lot. Each pair of brightly colored running shorts added to my shopping cart made me a little giddy. Most of it was fairly inexpensive too. I even stumbled on a couple cute shirts and decided to give them a try. Hey, if I didn't like them, I could send them back. No harm in trying.

And the Yaris even started playing this song, "She's So Lovely." I still get a kick out of that car.

I'm painting again, too. The rest of my small apartment was finally furnished, but the walls lacked interest, so I was trying to create some decorative pieces. Saturday mornings found me paint brush in hand and indie on the stereo. Flowers, sunsets, fruit, cityscapes and country sides came alive on my canvases. My once plain walls filled up quickly. I'm quite the handy girl, actually. A hammer, some nails and a level are no match for Pam Beesly. Suck it, Martha.




Chapter End Notes:
Eh, this was filler-y, but more of The Coup will be covered in the next chapter. As for the song, I fell in love with it after seeing this fanvid. As always, here's the link to the playlist:
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/14818697483



TopSecretMission is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Pam, Her Yaris and Its All Too Relevant Playlist also liked 1606 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans