- Text Size +

            How do you know you are officially over someone? For Karen Filippelli, it was when she first saw David Adams. It wasn’t love at first sight; it wasn’t even necessarily like at first sight. It was just different.

            They had met on a camping trip. He was a new, and had forgotten a flashlight. Karen was initially annoyed; a flashlight was required for wandering around in the woods. However, as they talked, it turned into more teasing than annoyance, joking about monsters and being scared of the dark.

            They talked for hours, the last rays of sunlight disappearing, and the only light from the dying campfire. As they looked around, only a few others were still out moving around. They laughed about how long they had spent talking, but still reluctant to go back to their own tents.

            They eventually left the campfire, with a shy wave goodbye as when they reached Karen’s tent.

As she lay down, closing her eyes to go to sleep, she realized it. Thoughts of Jim were the furthest thing from her mind. She was finally over him.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews always appreciated.


EmilyHalpert is the author of 44 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans