- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Bits and pieces of this story have been floating around in my head trying to find a home. I have portions written out it just needs some hardcore fleshing out.

I really love the dynamics of Holly and Michael and the two of them as a couple. It feels just so right and I think it'll be a fun, angst-filled ride.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is short and to the point but it lays the foundation for the rest.

 

She hugged her arms close to her chest, the snow falling around her settling on her shoulders. She was overlooking the city, the bright lights popping against the cold night sky. She could hear a soft hint of music from the party inside.

She lowered her gaze and felt someone approach her from behind. She didn't need to turn around to know it was him. She could sense him, smell him, hear him. She had attuned her senses to differentiate his aura from others. He stopped just behind her and stared at her back, trying to read her, trying to see through her. They had grown so far apart, he should know what she was thinking but he'd lost the ability.

"Holly?" His voice was deep, sultry and filled with meaning.

She didn't respond. She griped her jacket sleeves with her fingers tighter, her knuckles turning white. She could barely hear him over the overpowering thud of her heartbeat. Her ears were shaking and burning bright when he took a step closer.

"I miss you." He was so quiet she barely heard him. She could feel her lip twitch with a smile, trying to escape, at his kind words. "I was an idiot, I know that now. I thought... I thought you'd moved on. I thought you'd gotten over me and you made it seem so simple." He paused and tried to gather his thoughts as he watched her, unchanged. "I thought I'd gotten over you, I lied... I lied to myself really. I just kept denying the fact that every time I thought of you it hurt my heart. I can't do this anymore, I can't pretend."

She heard him take a long deep breath and felt a warm tear trickle down her cheek. Suddenly his hand was on her shoulder and he was turning her to face him. His hand sliding down her arm. Her skin set ablaze when his fingers reached hers and he intertwined them, squeezing her small delicate hand tight between his large fingers. She looked up at his face and felt everything running across it. He looked tortured. She recognized her own emotions in his face. She understood and realized he was being honest. He really did care, and missed her.

She reached up to his face and placed her small cold fingers on his cheek. He closed his eyes and swallowed hard at her touch.

"Me neither... I love you." Her voice was quiet and shaky but he heard every word.

He opened his eyes and saw her smiling up at him. He released her hand and scooped her small delicate frame into his arms and pulled her face up to his, colliding their lips together.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans