- Text Size +
"You look like a dork," Jim said smiling. This is the first time Jim talked to Pam in a while.

"Thanks," Pam said sarcastically.

Wires were coming from the headset to the belt Michael had gave to her. Pam would've signed up for being a recptionist if she knew this was the kind of stuff she was in for. Being a recptionist at a sporting event. Pam began to take off her headset.

"You can't take it off, you have to leave it on. Do you people have any idea how much time it took to find one of these things?" Michael said sighing.

"Didn't you take it from the warehouse?" Jim asked.

"You know what Jim, enough with your sarcasim. This is supposed to be fun. It's to encourage teamwork, bring Dunder Mifflin togeth-" The phone ringed and Pam picked it up.

"Dunder Mifflin this is Pam," Pam said with the headset still on her.

"-It's Jan," Pam said to Michael. Covering the mouthpiece on the phone.

Jan has been a lot more involved in the Scranton Branch, lately. Ever since Michael thought it was a good idea to take them to the beach instead of working. Pam was pretty sure Jan heard about the "annual sporting event".

"Just give me the phone, god she ruins everything." Michael said grabbing the phone.

"No that was not meant for you Jan...Who was it for? I don't know. Yes, it is supposed to help the branch. What is it supposed to teach us? Team work, working together...Ok, fine." Michael said hanging up.

Around 4 o' clock everything was set up for the sporting event. Toby had managed to get everything ready in time with Michael yelling at him. The soccer game was almost ending, and the baseball game was about to start. Jan was there, presumably drunk because she didn't complain to Michael at all about how this was pointless.

"And Jim comes towards the goal...will he score? Or make his team loose? Oh and he scores! That ends the game with a win for Jim's team 3-0!" Pam announced.

"No Pam, it's not Jim's team. It's Michael's team. I told you this in the beginning. Get it right." Michael complained. Pam shrugged.

As Pam started walking away, she noticed Jim staring at her as Karen was hugging him. Sometimes Pam wished she could just kiss him again, wanting to feel him. But she knew she couldn't and it was tortourus.

"Hey...can I talk to you?" Jim asked, walking over to Pam.
Pam nodded in reply.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Jane is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked All For His Love also liked 1216 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans