- Text Size +

I woke up as the sunlight shone through the window blinds, and I looked over to see Jim who wasn't there. So I got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen where I saw Jim eating breakfast. "Hey." I said.

"Hey." Jim smiled. "How are you?"

"Better." I said, going to the fridge.

"I felt bad for you, throwing up in the middle of the night." Jim said.

"I know, but it's part of morning sickness that's what the book says." I said, pouring the milk into the bowl.

Jim rubbed my back in a caress, "I love you." He said and put his bowl in the sink.

"Don't forget, we have an appointment at 9:00." I said.

"Okay." Jim nodded.

----------------------------

As we waited in the waiting room, I looked over to Jim who seemed calm. "Why aren't you nervous?" I asked.

"I don't know." Jim said. "I just have a feeling, that it'll be okay."

"I hope so." I sighed and rubbed my now little bit of showing belly.

"Pamela Beesly?" The nurse appeared at the door.

"That's us." I said, patting Jim's leg and we headed to the small room.

"I'm nurse Sam." The nurse introduced herself. "How are you doing today?" she asked.

"I'm feeling okay today, but was up in the middle of the night throwing up." I said.

"That's quite normal." Sam said. "Let me take your weight, Pam."

"Okay." I nodded as I got on the weigh. "You might want to close your eyes, Halpert." I looked over to Jim and smirked.

"Okay." She jot down the notes on the papers. "Taking your pre-natals, Pam?"

"Yup." I nodded as she wrote more down.

"We'll do blood pressure." Sam put her stethscope on, one underneath the padded band and squeezed the bulp as the marker rose up with numbers and released slowly. "Not bad, 78/116."

"That's good." I said and smiled at Jim.

"Here's your gown, Ms. Beesly." Sam handed me a blue gown.

"Thank you." I said.

"And Dr. Wallace will come in shortly." Sam said.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Are you sure, you drank enough water?" Jim asked for a thousand times now.

"Yes, Dad." I rolled my eyes and then smiled brightly. "I feel like I have to pee any minute now." I sighed desperately.

"Hello, guys." Dr. Wallace appeared at the door and shook our hands.

"Hi." We said in unison.

"How are you, Pam?" He asked.

"Good." I said. "Still throwing up, but not too bad."

"That's good." He said. "Well, come over here Jim and we'll see the baby on the monitor." He squeezed the bottle, spreading out the gel on my stomach with the receptor.

Jim kissed my hand as we watched the doctor, "Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Yup." I said smiling up to him and then looked back to the monitor.

"Here it is, guys." Dr. Wallace said, pointing at the monitor.

"Oh, my god." I whispered.

"That's our baby, Pam." Jim put his forehead to mine and kissed me.

"It's so small." I said, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks.

"You're about 10 weeks along, Pam." Dr. Wallace said.

"Really?" I asked as Jim wiped my tears.

Dr. Wallace nodded, "Yes."

"Wow." Jim said.

"While we get this picture printed out for you guys, do you want to hear the heartbeat?" Dr. Wallace suggested.

"Sure." I said.

"Okay." He smiled as he put another receptor on my stomach. All of the sudden, we heard this rump, rump, rump sound.

"Sounds kind of strong." Dr. Wallace said smiling.

I looked up to Jim who had tears in his eyes and squeezed his hand. "I love you." I mouthed.

"I love you too." He mouthed back.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans