- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
first date is something that I made up but I still don't own the characters or the show!

EDIT: I had to fix the story, I hope it makes sense!! =/
"Pam, Pamela," A familiar voice came from above me and shaking me softly as I was sleeping.

"Give me 5 more minutes..." I mumbled and grabbed the blanket over my head.

"We gotta get you ready for your wedding."

"Wedding..." I shot my eyes open and sat up right as I took the blanket off my head.

"Oh good, you're up." My mother came into the room with my gown and hung on the bathroom door.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my 5 month small round belly and yawned.

"9:30." Mom said, put the shoes underneath the dress. "The wedding starts at 2, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded and stretched a bit. "I need some breakfast."

"Okay, should I make you some?" Mom asked as she held my shoulders.

"Sure." I nodded.
----------------------------------
As I put my wedding dress on, I looked in the mirror and remembered the days we first started dating:

Me: I haven't heard anything, but I bet Jim got the job. I mean, why wouldn't he? He's totally qualified, and smart, everyone loves him... and, if he never comes back again... that's OK. We're friends. And I'm sure we'll stay friends. We just, we never got the timing right. You know? I shot him down, and then he did the same to me, and... But you know what? It's OK. I'm totally fine. Everything is gonna be totally--- (Then Jim walks in so suddenly)
Jim: Pam. (To camera crew) Sorry. (He turns to me) Um, are you free for dinner tonight?
Me: (I nodded) Yes.
Jim: All right. Then... it's a date. (He smiled and closed the door)
Me: (I turned to the crew, with tears brimming my eyes and smiled) I'm sorry, what was the question?

First date: (Cuginio's parking lot)
Me: I have question, Halpert.
Jim: Shoot.
Me: (I turned to him) What made you come back?
Jim: I found a note from you.
Me: Oh, that. (gave a soft laugh and looked down to my feet) That was for wishing you good luck. (Then looks back up to him)
Jim: Thanks Beesly. (He gave a those smiles of his that I would never ever going to see again)
Me: But I don't understand?
Jim: Well, David asked me, What would I see myself in 10 years? In my mind, it rushed all the memories of we had together. If I live in New York City, right at this moment. There wouldn't any girl just like you out there. Doing stupid pranks together, giving each air-fives, drinking grape soda together, watching fireworks after work. It wouldn't be the same, and being away from you, it's not right. (He wiped my tears) I couldn't bear to be away from you again, Pam.
Me: Me too. (I nodded and closed my eyes as I leaned against Jim's palm on my face) I love you.
Jim: Pardon?
Me: (I looked at him) I love you.
(Jim smiles at me and bends down to kiss me) Jim: I love you too, Pam.

(We watch the kiss we had in the car on the tv and turned back to the crew)
Jim: Oh, ah... No that's not... I mean that wasn't, ah...
Me: Yeah... That was um...
Jim: I mean I can see how it would seem a bit like we uh... How it looks like um... I mean now a days you can edit anything, right? I mean you can edit anything to look like um... anything.
Me: Yeah, I gave him a ride home because...
Jim: Right!
Me: ... We're dating.
Jim: Wow! There it is. (We both chuckled)
Me: Ah, yeah. We haven't told anybody, but it's going really great. (I smiled as I looked over to Jim) Right?
Jim: It is going really great. (Jim nodded and smiled back to me)

(Race had started at Fun Run)
Me: Oh we're in last place.
Jim: Oh, would you look at that.
Me: Darn it.
(Then Jim laced my fingers with his as we walked)

Jim: Do you remember what you said to me on my first day of work, just before you walked me over to my desk?
Me: Yeah, enjoy this moment, because you're never going to go back to this time before you met your desk mate Dwight.
Jim: And that's when I knew. You?
Me: You came up to my desk, and said, this might sound weird, and there's no reason for me to know this, but that mixed berry yogurt you're about to eat has expired.
Jim: That was the moment that you knew you liked me?
Me: Yep.
Jim: Wow, can we make it a different moment?
Me: (I shook my head) Nope.

Me: Hey, I was thinking about dinner--- (Jim grabs my face and kisses me then pulling back with a smile on our faces)
Jim: Ah, dinner. Let's see, maybe we should try the new Italian place, where the drive-in used to be.
Me: Okay.
Jim: Yeah?
Me: Yeah.
Jim: Okay.

(The gas station at Exit 17)
Me: Hey! This is not half-way! I did the math. I had to drive way longer than you. Montclair would have been closer, so you have to buy lunch.
Jim: (Jim drops his coat and then gets down on one knee)
Me: What are you doing?
Jim: I just... couldn't wait.
Me: Oh my God!
Jim: Pam, will you marry me?
Me: Oh my God!
Jim: So?
Me: Yes! (I nodded and we kissed and embrace each other)



(Jim's Parents' House, well it's ours now)
Jim: So I'm still in the process of converting the garage. It's got great light in here and I'm thinking, it could be perfect (He opens garage door) for an art studio. (We go in and I looked around and then looked at him] Look, I know, I bought this without asking you and it doesn't look great, I know that. And if you really hate it, I totally understand it's just---
Me: I love it.
Jim: You do?
Me: Yeah, I love it! (I smiled brightly at him)
Jim: Really?
Me: I mean, you bought me a house!
Jim: Oh my God...
Me: You bought me a house!
Jim: Yeah, I did. (Jim nods and we kiss)
Me: (I pulled back) Um, do we have to sleep in your parents' bedroom?
Jim: No, No, we'll just board that up. It'll be that weird spare room that people ask us about.
Me: And the clown?
Jim: Yeah, I can't... really can't move him. (We hold each other in a embrace)


(Dunder Miffilan's Parking Lot)
Me: I'm coming back the wrong way. (I smiled at Jim across the parking lot) It's not because of you. I don't like graphic design. That's it. [I laughed as Jim smiled when he came towards me) Stop smiling. I really didn't like it. It's just designing logos and stuff.... and I miss Scranton. But it is not because I missed you. I just really wanted to come home... and I know you said to come home the right way, but you can't tell me what to do. Got it?
Jim: I missed you.
Me: I missed you too. (Jim kisses me)

(At the elevator)
Jim: So what did he say? Was it my fault? (Jim looks defeated)
Me: Yeah. He said that you told him how much you love me. About how you feel when I walk in a room, and about how, you've never doubted for a second that I'm the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with. I guess he's never felt that with my mom, even at their best.
Jim: You ok?
Me: Yeah. (I nodded and we hug)

(Talking to the crew:)
Jim: There are other reasons to go to Ohio.
Me: We're getting married today.
Jim: So, it turns out it's the closest place to get a marriage license without a three day waiting period.
Me: Tell 'em how it happened.
Jim: Ok. So, we're going through all the wedding plans and, boy, it is complicated.
Me: And very expensive.
Jim: Very expensive. Cause you say you want a small wedding and that's great but then you have to invite -
Me: You can't leave anyone out.
Jim: No one.
Me: Ok, just get to the good part.
Jim: Ok. Right. Oh, so this morning we are having breakfast together and I just looked up from my cereal and I said, "You know what I want to do today? I want to marry you." (He looks at me lovingly)
Me: I had just woken up. I didn't look cute. That's how I knew he meant it.

(Michael's Party):
Me: This is so cheesy.
Jim: Yes.
Me: I like cheesy.
Jim: Me, too.
Me: Yeah. I think maybe I want a "wedding" wedding.
Jim: Me, too.
Me: Really?
Jim: Yeah. (He hugs me in a warm embrace)


"Pam?" My mom shook me out of my thoughts.

"Oh." I shook my head. "Sorry, I was just remembering something." I looked at her as she fixed my dress.

"Was it a good one?" Mom asked.

"Well yeah." I smiled and shrugged. "I mean, it's Jim. He makes me happy and I--"

"I know sweetheart." She put her hand on my shoulders. "He's a good man." She kissed me on my forehead.

"Yeah he is." I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Oh my god, Pam." Kelly said as she stood at the door, "You look so beautiful!"

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged her.

"Jim is going to be blown away when he sees you." Kelly squealed.

"That's defintely our goal." Laura said as she fixed my dress.

"Is Jim here?" I asked.

"He's here with Tom and Pete." Laura said. "Don't worry, he's fine Pam."

Jim's 4 year old nephew Tyler tugged Laura's dress, "Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom."

Laura sighed exaspertly, "Tyler, I just took you." Laura said. "Aunt Pam's wedding is gonna start."

"But Mommy, I have to go!" Tyler whimpered and did a little 'I gotta go' dance.

Laura rolled her eyes and sighed. "All right, all right." She picked him up, "Typical 4 year olds," she mumbled as she headed to the bathroom with Tyler.

I laughed at Laura's face, "I'll be at that stage later."

"Well, good luck with that." Laura said as she leaned against the wall. "It's fun but tiring at times."

"Mommy!" Tyler cried from other side of the door.

"Hold on." Laura said and then headed inside the bathroom.

"Pam, here's something I want to give you." Mom said.

"Yeah?" I looked as she opened the box.

"This was your great-grandmother's necklace, all the women in the family have worn it, so I'm going to give this to you on your day." Mom said put the necklace on me.

"It's beautiful." I said, looking at the golden chain.

"But not as beautiful as you." She smiled as she held my chin to look at her.

"Thanks Mom." I hugged her.

Then there was a knock on the door, "Who is it?" Mom asked.

"It's me." Daddy's voice said on the other side of the door.

"Come in, Dad." I said.

"Pam, you look beautiful sweetheart." Dad kissed me on the cheek and held my hands as he pulled back.

"Thank you, Daddy." I smiled.

"Ready?" He offered his elbow to me.

"Yeah." I nodded and we headed downstairs to the backyard.

"Now can I go with Daddy, Mommy?" Tyler asked.

"Shhh.." Laura shushed him. "Not yet, when the music starts."

"Go ahead, Tyler." Laura nudged him to walk down the aisle with the rings as the music started.

Then it was my cue, I looked over to my dad who nodded and then smiled. I sighed and headed out to the aisle. The outside weather was just beautiful, warm, soft breeze there and there. It was the perfect day to have an outside wedding. I saw some of my family members, Jim's family also people from work and then finally I looked over, I saw Jim. He looked so handsome with his tuxedo on and smiling at me. He held his hand out to me, I put mine into his and I smiled at him.

"Hey." Jim whispered.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"I ask now - who blesses the marriage of this woman to this man?" The priest asked.

"We do." My parents said in unison.

"Friends, we gather here to give our blessing to a bond that growing love and respect has created between this man and this woman. They meet here publicly to affirm their promise and covenant to be husband and wife to each other. The feeling of unity between James Matthew Halpert and Pamela Morgan Beesly which we here recognize and honor is an emotion that this couple has created out of self-searching and joyful sharing. Their allegiance to each other has grown slowly. So the feelings to which they witness now both unite and liberate them. They base these feelings on love, on mutual respect and acceptance. They base them on the reasonableness of an open mind, and upon the strong belief that the wisdom and insights of a man and woman, which might falter separately, can endure and deepen together. The marriage that James and Pamela meet here to pledge is also an ever continuing process, never a finished action. Their relationship will grow deeper through sensitive, humble self-knowledge and through honest opinions and emotions freely communicated."

We mouthed 'I love yous' as the priest continued, "The children of this man and woman will one day both enrich and complicate their lives. So it is our hope for you both that in all areas of your life together you will weave a durable fabric of mutual consolation and support and of help in time of trouble. May each of you achieve the ability to give of yourselves freely so that you will each live better lives and become greater persons." The priest smiled at us. "Now, they will say their vows." The priest nodded to me to start.

"Jim, you are my love, my best friend, and the person I could lean on for support with trust. You were there for me for the trouble times that I had. You were there when I went for my dreams and goals that I have accomplished." I caressed his hands. "I want to thank you for that," I said as my voice broke. "And I can't wait to go on with our lives together with our child." I looked down to my bump then I looked back to Jim. "I love you so much."

"Pam, there are so many words that I want to say to you." Jim said. "I have been waiting this day to come to start our lives together as husband and wife officially." He smiled. "I promise you that I will make our life together great and be with you in every step of the way. I love you so much and I can't wait to share our life as husband to you and a father of my child." Jim looked at me as I wiped my tears.

"May we have the rings?" The priest asked. "I, repeat after me, 'I, Pamela Morgan Beesly take James Matthew Halpert as my lawful wedded husband. To honor and cherish him with all the days of my life.'"

"I, Pamela Morgan Beesly take James Matthew Halpert as my lawful wedded husband. To honor and cherish him with all the days of my life." I repeated after him and put the golden ring on Jim's left third finger.

"Jim, repeat this after me." The priest said. "I, James Matthew Halpert, take Pamela Morgan Beesly as my lawful wedded wife. To honor and cherish her with all the days of my life."

"I, James Matthew Halpert, take Pamela Morgan Beesly as my lawful wedded wife. To honor and cherish her with all the days of my life." Jim smiled and put the ring on my finger too.

"Now, I pronounce in the state of Pennslyvania as husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." The priest smiled at Jim.

Jim nodded and lift my veil up. He cupped my face and finally kissed me passionately. "I love you, Pam."

"I love you so much, Jim." I smiled brightly at him and put my forehead to his. "We did it."

"Mr. and Mrs. Jim Halpert." The priest smiled at us before Jim and I walked down the aisle together.

We had cleaned out my art studio for reception area and put tables inside in it and some on the driveway. Then had strings of lights that hung above us across the driveway almost like christmas tree lot but it was nicer and some were on the bushes by the garage. The candles were lit on each every table, had Kevin's band set up on a small stage by the driveway.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to announce Mr. and Mrs. James Halpert." Kevin announced. We came through the door onto the driveway as people cheered for us. "Now, they will have their first dance."

Jim smiled at as he led me into his arms and held me in a embrace as we danced, "I can't believe we did it, Beesly."

"Actually, it's Halpert now." I smiled brightly as I ran through his curls at his nape of neck.

"Yeah it is." Jim smiled and kissed me.

"I love you." I said, put my head against his chest.

"I love you too." Jim whispered and kissed my forehead. All of the sudden, I gasped as I felt something. "What is it?" Jim asked in a concern.

"Feel this." I grabbed Jim's hand and put his hand onto my stomach.

"Whoa." Jim's eyes widen as the baby did it again.

"It's kicking." I looked up to Jim as I felt tears brimming my eyes.

"Wow." Jim laughed and smiled.

"Yeah." I chuckled as I felt a tear roll down. "It's amazing isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is." Jim nodded as he wiped my tears and kissed me.
---------------------------
"JIMBO!" Michael grabbed Jim and hugged him.

"Hey Michael." Jim smiled.

"Congratulations to you guys!" Michael said.

"Thank you Michael." I said. "We really appreciate for you to come to our wedding."

"It meant alot." Jim said, wrapping his arm around my waist and held me close to him.

"I would never miss it." Michael said.

"Pam and Jim please head to your tables." Kevin annouced.

"We gotta go, we'll defintely talk to you later." Jim said.

"Ok." Michael said.

As we headed for our table, "I feel bad for Michael, he was good relationship with Holly."

"I agree." Jim said.

Then as we sat down, we started to eat dinner and all of the sudden, I heard this tink, tink, tink .

I have a few words to say to Jim and Pam." Tom said. "For the past few relationships that my little brother had, from teenager to about 3 years ago. It was series of road bumps with you know, going out and then breaking up. But then one day, I asked him how was work and all he could was talk about this girl who worked with him at his office. That's when I knew there was something special about her until I met her one day. From what I saw, he and Pam were defintely meant to be together somehow, not just they were best friends from day one, it was more than that."

"More than that.." I remembered Jim's words at Casino Night, when he confessed his love to me.

"So best wishes to my little brother and my new sister in-law." Tom raised his glass to us.

"Thank you." I smiled as we rose our glass to him.

Jim cleared his throat and rose up from his chair, "I have something to say to Pam too. When I first met her, she told me that I would never go back to this time before meeting my deskmate Dwight. That's what I knew that she would be the girl that I would fall in love with. There were times, we had screwed up badly. I had the job offer in New York City and Pam would be back here at Scranton. I wouldn't be here if the pink sheet of paper didn't fell out of the file. It was a note from Pam, wishing me good luck. And David Wallace asked me what do you see yourself in ten years? I truly didn't see myself in the city, all I saw was the future, like tonight is one of them." Jim held my hand and caressing lovingly. "Getting married to the girl, who I love so much and pretty soon, we'll have a child in our arms which I can't absolutely wait to share with Pam." I felt a tear roll down at Jim's words and rubbed my belly, "I can't to share these moments with him too."

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans