- Text Size +
I sighed deeply, "Last day of work today." I said as we drove on the way to work.
"Yup." Jim said as he held my hand. "I'm going to miss you at work."
"You see me all the time at home, though." I said.
"But it won't be the same, doing pranks on Dwight without you." Jim said as he pulled into the parking lot.
"Yeah, but I'll come back though." I said, wrapping myself from the cold and held Jim's hand. "At least in a couple weeks, we'll be busy at home with the baby."
"I can't believe time has gone by so fast." Jim said. "It seems it was yesterday, when we found out."
"I know right." I laughed and then caressed my stomach.
As we opened the door, everyone yelled "SURPRISE!"
"Oh, my god." I held my hand against my chest to calm myself.
"Guys, what's going on here?" Jim asked.
"We decided to have a baby shower for you guys." Kelly squealed.
"Oh, you guys shouldn't have to---"
"Coming through, coming through." Michael came through with a box in his hands and headed to the break room.
I gave Jim an "Oh, no" look and hoping he didn't have someone decorate the cake looking like a pregnant belly.
"C'mon Pam!" Kelly grabbed my hand, "Let's open presents." We headed to the break room.
When I got into the room, there was a banner that was hanging on the wall that said "WELCOME INTO THE WORLD BABY HALPERT!" and a table full of presents. "You guys shouldn't have done this." I said as I wiped my tears which I blame for the hormones.
"We wanted to," Phyllis said.
"You guys are like a family to us," Michael said. "You should deserve it."
"Thanks Michael." Jim said as he held me close and rubbed my back in a caress.
"Here you go, Pam." Erin gave a present to me first.
"Thanks Erin." I smiled as I sat down and began to open it. "Oh, that's so adorable!" I held up a yellow onesie with a duck on it. "Thanks Erin."
"This is from me and Bob." Phyllis handed me her gift. "A tub and a baby shampoo, lotion and soap. Thank you so much!" I smiled and handed it to Jim.
"Here's a present from me," Stanley said.
"Thanks, Stanley." I nodded and opened the present. It was a few night outfits for the baby to sleep in.
"Here's something from me," Angela said as she handed me the small gift. Once I opened it, it was painted wooden panel with stars and moon on it to hang and it said "Sweet Dreams..."
"That's beautiful, Angela. Thank you." I smiled.
"I have something for the both of you." Dwight handed the gifts to us, one for Jim and me.
We looked at each other in curious before we started opening it, it revealed shirts that were made for us, on each of the shirt it either said, "Daddy Halpert" or "Mommy Halpert."
"That's so cute!" I laughed as I held it up.
"Thanks, Dwight." Jim smiled as he took the gifts over to the pile.
"Here Jim." Andy handed a present to him.
"What is it?" Jim looked up to him.
"Just open it." Andy said.
Jim opened the gift, it revealed a little shirt that said 'Little Tuna'. "Haha, thanks Andy." Jim laughed and smiled.
"Here's mine." Michael handed me his gift.
"Thanks Michael." I said and opened the gift. "Oh...wow.." It was a breast pump machine. "Thank you, Michael." I smiled meekly. "Just what I needed." I said softly and gave it to Jim to put it with the gifts.
"No problem at all, Pam!" Michael said. "CAKE TIME!" He rushed over to the cake and opened the box.
We slowly walked up to the cake, feeling afraid what it would look like. But once we saw the cake, it had a picture of us together in the corner and it said,"Congratulations to Jim and Pam to the new baby!" And it had an arrow from the writing to my stomach in the picture.
"Well, it isn't that bad as what we thought." Jim whispered.
"Yeah." I gave a shrug.
--------------------------------
Later that night, Jim laid in bed as I folded the baby clothes that they gave us earlier.
"The baby shower wasn't that bad at all." Jim said.
"No, it wasn't but it was an hour and half long due to baby games and other stuff." I said, putting the clothes in a small pile to put in the baby's room.
"At least we had some bit of fun." Jim said.
"Well, I'm not naming the baby after the characters in some comic or movie that Dwight likes." I said as I walked in the nursery and then back into our bedroom.
"Battlestar Galactica." Jim said.
"Well whatever it is. Still, I'm not naming it." I said and sighed as I laid in the bed next to Jim.
"I agree." Jim said as he wrapped his arms around me and then bend down to my stomach. "We can't wait for you to get here, Baby Halpert." He caressed my stomach and kissed it.
I smiled as I ran my fingers through Jim's hair, "Ditto to that, Halpert." I said.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans