- Text Size +
I woke up due to this drilling mechanical sound, so I headed over to the baby's room where I saw Jim working on the bassient with Pete.

"Hiya Pam!" Pete smiled as he saw me.

"Hey." Jim said as he saw me and got up. "Did we wake you?

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Sorry." Jim gave wry look on his face and held my hands.

"It's okay, it was about time to get up anyway." I shrugged as I yawned and rubbed my big round stomach.

"Should I make you something to eat?" Jim asked.

"Nah, I'll make myself some peanut butter and jelly with Milk." I said.

"Are you sure?" Jim lifted his eyebrows.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." Jim nodded and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said, smiling. "Now get back to work." I slapped his forearm as I laughed softly.

"Yes, Mother." Jim smiled and went back to working with Pete.

"Mother.." I smiled as I headed downstairs to the kitchen. "Let's get some breakfast, little one." I rubbed my belly and then got the peanut butter and jelly out.

"Thanks, Pete." I heard Jim say in the foyer.

"No problem, Jim." Pete said. "Let me know if you need help."

"Thanks, man." Jim said and opened the door for him then headed towards the kitchen where I was. "Hey."

"So Pete left?" I asked.

"Yeah," Jim nodded. "Laura has to work this afternoon."

"Oh ok." I said, sipping the milk and took a bite of my sandwich. "Yum."

"Looks good, Bees." Jim said.

"Peanut butter and Jelly is so good together." I said, wiping my mouth.

"So are you ready for the baby to be born?" Jim asked as he sat next to me.

"Well, yeah." I nodded as I rubbed my stomach. "It has been a long journey, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda scared though." I gave a meek look.

"Me too, but I'm going to be there in that room with you." Jim laid his hand on top of mine. "And I assure you everything is going to be okay." Jim kissed my temple.

"Okay." I smiled as Jim rubbed my back in a caress. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Jim smiled and then got up to get a drink.

"The baby is really calm today." I said, rubbing my stomach.

"But the other night, it was kicking me in the back and I felt like I was going fall off the bed." Jim said. "And I winded up sleeping at the bottom of the bed."

"I know, I felt so bad." I laughed. "This baby is quite athletic." I said, putting the plate and glass in the sink. All of the sudden, I got this weird vision but it was sort of dream scenery almost and I couldn't tell the child's face was. But, I recognized Jim's voice:

"Ok, stand here.." Jim instructed the child by the base. "And hold the bat, like this." He held his hands over the child's small hands as they held the bat together."Mommy is going to throw the ball to us." Jim looked down to the child. "We're going to swing the bat together, okay?"

"Okay." The child's small voice said.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah!" The child's voice was excited.

"Okay, here we go." I said and threw the ball to them.

Jim and the child swung the bat to hit the ball, "Whoa!" Jim's voice rang out as the ball went far from me and them. "Let's run, run!" Jim said as he jogged along with the child as it went around the bases.

"Go, go, go!" I shouted as they laughed as they ran around.

"C'mon, let's run home!" Jim smiled as they ran towards home base. "Yay!" He picked the child up and gave kisses to the child. "You did it!"

"Great job!" I said, "Give me five." I held out my hand and the child slapped it.

"Again, Daddy!" The child laughed as Jim put the child down.


"Pam?" Jim's voice shook me out of my thoughts.

"Oh," I shook my head. "Sorry, what?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah." I smiled and shrugged. "I was just thinking of something."

"Oh ok." Jim said. "Well, I'm going to head upstairs to put the tools away and then take a shower."

"Okay." I nodded and headed the living area to lay on the sofa for a while then that's where I took a nap for a while.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jim asked as he came over the sofa.

"Just really tired." I said, rubbing my eyes. "And my back is hurting me."

"Why don't you head upstairs and rest?" Jim caressed my leg. "You'll be more comfortable in our bed."

"Okay." I nodded and Jim helped me up and we headed upstairs to our bedroom.

"There you go." Jim said as he helped me to lay down and covered me with the blanket.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Anytime." Jim smiled and kissed me.

"I love you." I held his hand and caressed it.

"I love you too." Jim kissed my hand. "Just yell if you need me, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and watched Jim head to the hallway. I just closed my eyes and rested for a while but then the pains became bit more stronger. I looked over the clock, it was only 8:30 at night. The pains were coming every two minutes or so and Dr. Wallace said I would be due any day now. I sighed of relief as the pain went away and headed downstairs where Jim was.

"Jim?" I said as I came into the living room and heard the chatter of news anchor on ESPN.

"Yeah?" Jim looked over to me. "What's wrong?" He got up and held my hands as the pain came back again.

"Ooh." I said and put my head on Jim's shoulder.

"Is it time?" He asked.

I nodded and pulled back, "Yes." I whispered.

"I'll get the bags, you stay here." Jim said as he held my shoulders.

"Okay." I nodded as Jim rushed upstairs and I waddled over to the shoes shelf.

"Ready?" Jim said, putting the bags down.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Here you go." Jim put my heavy coat on.

"Thank you." I said.

"Okay, let's head out to the hospital." Jim said, opening the door. It was still snowing out. "Be careful." Jim held my hand and we walked carefully to the car.
-------------------
"Here's your room, guys." The nurse led them to the maternity room.

"Thank you." I said, turning to the nurse.

"Here's your gown, and the bathroom is right there." The nurse said.

"Okay," I headed to the bathroom. "Ooh," I grasped the countertop as the pain came through me and I looked in the mirror then all of the sudden, I felt this wetness down to my legs. I looked to the floor where I saw this puddle, "Uh, Jim?" I said, opening the door.

"What's wrong Pam?" He asked.

"Your water is broken." The nurse said as she stood by Jim. "Don't worry, let me get you a fresh gown and we'll clean right that up."

"Is that normal?" I asked in a worry.

"Yes, that means that your baby will come in a few hours or so." The nurse nodded. "Let me go get you a gown, sweetie." She headed off to get one.

"It's going to be okay, Pam." Jim said, caressing my face and held my hand.

"Here you go." The nurse handed the new gown to me. Then I got dressed and headed out to the room.

"You okay?" Jim asked.

"Yeah." I nodded as I laid down on the bed.

"I'm going to put this belt on your stomach, which will allow us to hear your baby's heartbeat." The nurse said.

"When is Dr. Wallace coming?" I asked.

"He'll be coming shortly, I just notified him that you were here." The nurse said.

"Ok." I said and then we heard the sounds of the heartbeat of our baby.

"It sounds pretty strong." Jim smiled.

"Yeah it does." I smiled back and rubbed my belly in a caress.

Then Dr. Wallace came into the room, "Hello guys." He smiled.

"Hey." I said and moaned as the pain came.

"How are you, Pam?" He asked.

"Okay, I guess." I shrugged and breathed out as the pain went away.

"When did this start?" He asked.

"Uh, around 8:30." I said.

"I'm going to check you for a minute here, okay? And see how far along are you." He said.

I looked over as Jim held my hand and kissed my hand as if he was telling it will be okay. "I love you." I smiled back.

"Pam, you are at 6 centimeters. So we have a while to go." Dr. Wallace said, taking his gloves off.

"Okay." I sighed, and felt a bit disappointed. I wanted the baby to be here already and having these pains sucks ass.

"Do you want the epidural, Pam?" Dr. Wallace asked.

"Yes!" I sort of yelled at him when the horrible pain came.

"Whoa, take it easy there Bees." Jim looked over to me.

"Don't worry, I don't take it personally." Dr. Wallace chuckled. "These women tends to have the yelling and the screaming during labor." He jot down the notes on the pad and gave it the nurse next to him. "Here you go and I'll get the anesthesia for you." He left the room.

The pain subsided, "Ooh." I breathed out. "By the way, it's Halpert now." I said.
---------------------------
"Mrs. Halpert, we're going to put you on some epidural now." The nurse said as she helped me sit up right so the doctor could put the needle in.

"Oh my god, Jim." I put my head on Jim's shoulder.

"It's ok, Bees." Jim caressed my hair and caressed my hands. "Just breathe."

"Okay," I began to breathe in and out as Jim held my shoulders.

"That's good, Pam." Jim said and kissed my forehead. "You're doing good."

"You're done." The doctor said.

Jim and the nurse helped me to lay down on the bed, "Are you okay?" Jim nodded.

"Yeah." I nodded as the nurse covered me up with the blanket.

"The pain should subside, so you should feel better soon." He said.

"Thank you." I said. And few minutes later, I felt like I was in heaven with the pain gone. "Jim, we should defintely have this thing, it feels so good." I said, happily.

"She's defintely high." Jim nodded.

Then I decided to take a nap for a bit since it was wiping me out, then when I woke up and I saw Jim sleeping soundly on the chair next to me. I looked over to the clock, it was only 1:55 in the morning. I tried to sit up, but couldn't. "Great." I mumbled.

"Pam?" Jim woke up. "Are you okay?" He looked over to me.

"Yeah, I just can't sit up right." I said.

"Let me help you." Jim said and held my arm as I scooched to sit up and fixed the pillows. "Better?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Thank you."

"Anything for you." Jim smiled. "Jim is the best person to be my husband, he was there for me since ever since I met him. He's just so supportive, loving and I'm just so grateful to have him in my life." I thought as I looked over to Jim who was drinking his water.

"What?" He looked at me.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

Jim sighed as he saw me eyeing his water, "Do you want my water?" Jim asked.

"Yes, please." I nodded.

Jim handed the water bottle to me, "Are you feeling better?" He moved my hair onto my back.

"Yeah, a bit." I said and sighed.

"Hey, Pam." Dr. Wallace came back in, "Just want to check on you."

"Okay." I said and gave the water bottle back to Jim.

"How are you?" He asked.

"A bit better." I said as he put the gloves on.

"You're defintely are ready to go." He annouced.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes." He nodded and I looked over to Jim who was smiling and then looked down to me.

"It's baby time, Beesly." Jim smiled as he held my hand.

"Jim, you might want to put the scrubs on." Dr. Wallace said as he brought the table next to him and prepared for the baby's birth.

"Okay." Jim nodded as the nurse handed the scrub jacket to him.

"Here, I'll help tie the strings on the back." Sam said. "There you go." She smiled as after she tied the strings.

"Thank you." Jim nodded and went back to me, "Ready?"

"Yeah." I nodded and smiled as he kissed me on the forehead.

"Ok Jim, I want you to hold her leg just like Sam here." Dr. Wallace suggested.

"Okay." Jim nodded and held my leg.

"Ok, Pam I want you to bear down and push for ten seconds." Dr. Wallace said.

"Ok." I nodded and started to push until the counting of ten was over.

"Good." Dr. Wallace said. "Push again."

I took a deep breath and pushed again, "Oh god, this is harder than I thought."

"You're doing great, Pam." Jim said.

"Ok, you can rest for a minute." Dr. Wallace said.

"I can't do this." I panted and started to cry. "It hurts."

"I know, it hurts Pam." Jim said, wiping my forehead. "You can do this, what happened to the girl that I met and fell in love who never gives up and goes for her dream? You gotta be strong."

"Jim was right. I gotta do this." I nodded, "Okay." I felt the contraction coming through me so I had to start pushing again.

"Hold her leg back a little bit, Jim." Dr. Wallace said to Jim. "That's good," and then he looked back to me. "Keep pushing, Pam. Good, Pam." Dr. Wallace said.

"Oh my god, Pam. The head is right there!" Jim said.

"Keep going, Pam." Dr. Wallace nodded. "You're doing great."

I took a breath and laid against the pillow, panting. "You're doing awesome, Pam." Jim looked down to me. "You can do this."

I nodded and then bear down to my chest. "Aah!" I gave out a yell as I pushed. All of the sudden, I heard this loud sound of crying.

"It's a girl!" Dr. Wallace held up the baby. "February 5th, at 2:20 AM."

I gave out a cry as Jim kissed me, "You did it!" Jim said and we watched the doctor suctioned out the mess out of the baby's nose and the mouth then clamped the cord.

"Do you want to cut the cord, Jim?" Dr. Wallace asked.

"Yeah." Jim nodded and wiped his tears.

"Between the clamps." Dr. Wallace said and watched Jim cut the cord then put the baby on my chest.

"Hey." I smiled as the nurses wiped the baby's mess off. "It's okay." I said as the baby cried and I looked up to Jim who was still crying of happiness.

"I'm going to bring the baby over there to check her up but will bring her back to you okay?" Sam said.

"Okay." I nodded as she took her over to the crib where I still heard her cries.

"You did it, Pam." Jim smiled and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled back and wiped his tears. "So much." I kissed Jim again.

"I'm going to go over there, okay?" Jim asked, brushing my hair away from my eyes.

"Okay." I nodded and watched Jim go over to the baby. "Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's great." Jim said, looking down to the baby. " All ten fingers and ten toes."

"And 19 inches long." Sam said.

"Sounds perfect." I said smiling at Jim.

"Here's another bracelet for you," The nurse said as she put it next to my identification bracelet.

"Thank you." I smiled and looked at the bracelet: "Baby Girl Halpert, born on February 5th, 2010. Parents: James M. Halpert and Pamela M. Halpert."

"Bringing over her to the weigh, see how much she weighs." Sam said.

"I'm guessing 7 pounds and 2 oz." I said, looking over to the baby.

"I say, 7 pounds and 6 oz." Jim said.

"OH, you guys are so close!" Sam said. "She's 7 pounds and 4 oz."

"But not close to Dwight, he said 8 pounds and 7 oz." Jim said.

"I didn't even look that big!" I said, looking up at Jim who shrugged.

"I know." Jim said, walking over to me and held my hand as we watched the nurse wrap the baby up.

"Here she is." Sam said, bringing the baby over to me.

"Hello there." I said, "She's so perfect." I felt tears brimming my eyes.

"She is." Jim said.

"I'm your Mommy." I said, caressing her pink round face and her blue eyes were looking at us.

"And I'm your Daddy." Jim said. "Whoa, that sounds weird for a minute there."

"I know right?" I laughed and looked at the baby.

"She looks like you." Jim said, caressing her small long fingers that stuck out of the blanket.

"Yeah, she does." I said, smiling. "But she seems to have your nose and your mouth."

"What should we name her, Pam?" Jim asked.

"I would like to name her, Leigh Rose Halpert." I said.

"I love it, especially taking my grandmother's name for her middle name." Jim said.

"Well I just sort of want to honor her that way, and you were so close to her anyway." I said.

"Thank you, Pam." He said and kissed me. "She would have loved it."

"I know." I said, smiling and looked down to Leigh. "Do you want to hold her, Jim?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jim nodded.

"Here you go." I said, putting Leigh in Jim's arms carefully.

"Hey there." Jim said and hushed the baby as it fussed when she was settled in his arms but then she was calm. "Wow, I can't believe she's here in my arms."

"I know." I smiled at Jim, wishing I could draw a picture of them right now.

"It's like one minute, she was in you and now she's here." Jim said.

"Yeah," I sighed of happiness as I leaned back into the pillow. "It's amazing." I said, watching Jim sway slowly with Leigh. "God, he's such a perfect Daddy." I thought.
"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you." Jim smiled. "And I love you too." He kissed Leigh's head.
----------------------------------
Later that morning, I woke up and saw Jim on the couch, holding Leigh in his arms. "Hey."

"Good Morning." Jim smiled brightly.

"I see they brought her back." I said.

"Yeah," Jim nodded as he stood up and walked towards me. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Yeah." I nodded and then he put her in my arms. "Hey you." I smiled as she looked up to me. "How's my little one?"

"She's seems to be alert today." Jim said as he stood next to us, looking down to Leigh.

"Yeah, she is." I smiled as the baby made mewing sounds.

All of the sudden, a small smile appeared on Leigh's face. "Oh Jim, she's smiling!" I looked up to Jim.

"She has your smile, Pam." Jim said, caressing her small face.

"Yeah, she does." I smiled and sighed of happiness. "I still can't believe you were just born hours ago." I kissed her small head.

"I know." Jim smiled, "It was unbelievable." He rubbed my shoulder in a caress.

"I feel like it's all a dream." I said, "I'm scared to wake up, and see everything disappear in front of me."

"But it's not going to disappear, Pam." Jim put his finger under my chin to look up to him. "Everything is real, we got engaged almost a year ago, then you married me four months ago, and now we have a beautiful girl that we made, together." He said as he wiped my tears.

"I know. I-it's just all surreal." I said as I caressed her small fingers.

"I know." Jim smiled and kissed me.

"I'm sorry, it's my hormones getting to me.." I sniffled and wiped my tears.

"It's okay." Jim said, rubbing my shoulders. "You know that I love you." He kissed my head.

"I love you too." I looked up to him and looked at Leigh.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans