- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn't update the chapter because I was busy due to finals for school and is looking for graduation on Monday! Anyway, thanks for the reviews, guys! It means alot!! =)
"Hey you," I smiled as I picked up 2 month old Leigh who was a wide awake. "Whatcha doing up this early?" I laid her down on the changing table to change her diaper and into her day outfit. "Let's see what Daddy is doing." I kissed her cheeks and carefully laid her back in her my arms.

"Hey." Jim turned around as he picked up his coffee mug and sat down for breakfast.

"Hi." I smiled as I came into the kitchen.

"Hello, Leigh." Jim kissed her small hand and made faces Leigh making her smile like he does every morning when he sees her.

"Daddy is just goofy." I giggled and kissed her head then set her in the swing seat.

Then the phone rang, "I'll get it." Jim hopped off the seat as I buckled her. "Pam, phone."

"Okay." I said, rushing over to the phone. "Jim, will you just watch her for a second?" I asked before answering. "Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs. Halpert." Emily the babysitter said, sounding very hoarse.

"Hi, Emily." I said. "What's wrong?"

"I can't babysit Leigh today, I'm stuck with a flu." She said and then began to cough.

"Oh, Emily." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I wish I was better to babysit." Emily said.

"No, no it's okay." I shook my head. "I want you to rest and take it easy, Emily."

"Are you sure?" Emily asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." I said. "Mr. Halpert and I will figure out a way to have someone to babysit Leigh."

"I feel so bad, though." Emily sighed.

"No, don't be." I said. "We all want you to get better."

"Ok." Emily said and began to cough. "Thank you."

"No problem, Emily." I twirled the phone wire. "Get some rest."

"Will do." Emily said. "Bye."

"Bye." I said and hanged up the phone.

"What's going on?" Jim asked.

"Emily can't babysit Leigh." I sighed as I folded my arms and leaned against the fridge. "She's stuck with the flu."

"What about your Mom? Can't she babysit?" Jim asked. "Or Dad?"

"My mom is working double shifts at the hospital every thursday and my dad is out working at the car factory." I said.

"That's right, I forgot." Jim got up to his height. "Well I can't call my parents, they're out in crusing in the Bahamas."

"Why can't we just take her?" I suggested.

"Well who's going to watch her?" Jim asked as he took the bowl to the sink.

"We could, I mean we're not really going anywhere, all we do is sit in the office." I said, picking Leigh up.

"I guess." Jim shrugged and sighed. "It's only for one day." Jim smiled as he held her small hand.

"Do you want to take her while I get her stuff together?" I asked.

"Sure." Jim nodded. "Come here, you." Jim smiled as I carefully put the baby in Jim's arms and headed upstairs.

After I was done packing her stuff into her baby bag and headed downstairs where Jim and Leigh was. "Jim, have you seen her light pink blanket anywhere?" I asked, setting her bag down.

"I thought I saw it in the family room, let me check." Jim said, "Here take Leigh." He handed the baby to me and headed to find the blanket.

"We're going bye-bye, Leigh." I said, setting her down on the floor and grabbing the one piece coat off the chair and then put it on her.

"Found it." Jim said, waving the blanket. "It was behind the chair." He hand the blanket to me.

"Thank you." I said as I put Leigh in her carrier.

"You're welcome." Jim nodded and put his coat on.

"Ready?" I asked as I buckled her and tucked her blanket in.

"Yeah." Jim put his messager bag on his shoulder and tossed up the keys.
----------------------------------------------------
"I'll get her." Jim said, going over the back passenger's side.

"Okay." I nodded as I popped the trunk to get baby bag.

"She's sleeping." Jim said as he pulled the carrier out of the car.

"The car ride must have lulled her to sleep." I said, peeking at the baby before putting the sheild down.

"Hey Pam!" Erin said as we came into the office. "And who is this?" She gasped and bend down to see the baby in the carrier.

"Hey, no babies in here!" Dwight said as he got up from his seat.

"Guys, meet Leigh Rose Halpert." I smiled as I pulled back the shield, revealing the baby.

"Aw, she's so pretty." Angela said.

"She's beeeautiful, you guys!" Kelly said. "She looks like Shiloh, well except for the blonde hair and those big lips like her mom's."

"Thanks," I gave a meek smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Who's Shiloh?" Jim frowned as he mouthed.

"I'll tell you later." I said, as Jim brought the carrier towards the desk and set the carrier on the floor.

"Lil' Tuna." Andy smirked.

"She looks like you, Jim." Phyllis said as Jim set the baby bag down next to the desk.

"That's what everyone says, but she looked like Pam when she was born though." Jim said as he took of his coat and set on his chair.

"HIYA PAM!" Michael shouted as he opened the door.

"SHHH!!!! We hushed and looked down to Leigh who stirred but then went back to her slumber.

"Ohhh." Michael quietly said as he bend down to the baby, "Is that the baby that Jim was telling us all about? Michael whispered.

"Yes, Michael." I nodded and took the pink blanket off of Leigh.

"She's so cute!" Michael squealed.

"Thanks Michael." Jim said.

"So how have you been lately, Pam?" Phyllis asked.

"Good but a bit tired, the baby has kept us up since ever she came home." I said, as unbuckled Leigh and slipped her small arms out of the belt.

"But not as bad though." Jim said.

"How old is she?" Michael bend down to the baby.

"She's 2 months old." I said, carefully scooping up Leigh and put her into my arms. She made a fuss and moved her head, "Shhh, it's okay." I hushed.

"She's really is beautiful, you guys." Erin smiled as she touched Leigh's hand.

"Thank you." I smiled as I swayed slowly.

"Can I hold her?" Michael asked.

"I guess." I softly said and then carefully hand the baby to Michael. "Bring your elbow up bit to support her head." I suggested.

"Ok." Michael nodded. "Hello there, I'm your godfather." He cooed.

Jim and I gave a "Oh, no" look to each other, "Uh Michael." Jim cleared his throat. "Actually my brother Tom is."

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Oh." Michael lowered his eyes.

"Don't be upset Michael, you were our second choice to be the godfather of Leigh since you kind of brought us together in a way. Remember you told me that night, "Never ever give up." Jim said.

"I defintely agree with Jim, Michael." I nodded and smiled.

"Thanks guys." Michael smiled brightly. "It means alot."

Then Leigh fussed and started to cry, "Oh, what's the matter?" I said and scooped Leigh out of Michael's arms. "I think she's hungry."

"Here's her bag, Pam." Jim handed me her bag.

"Thank you." I put on my shoulder and rubbed her small back as I headed towards the break room. As I put the bag on the table that's when I looked up and saw Andy, Kevin, Oscar standing at the window. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I shut the blinds on them. "Pervs." I shook my head as I heard them groan of disappointment. "You don't want to have creepy boys like them," I said as Leigh cried. "It's okay, I know you're hungry." I unbuttoned my shirt to feed her. Then she was quiet as I brought my breast to her and began sucking. "There you go." I smiled as I wiped her tears.

"Is everything okay?" Jim asked he came in.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Sorry for the--" Jim cocked his head the room next room.

I rolled my eyes as I shook my head softly, "Guys will be guys," and sighed as I looked down to her.

"How's she doing?" Jim asked as he sat next to me.

"Good." I nodded as Jim caressed her small long fingers.

"I kinda feel bad for Michael though." Jim said.

"I know, but at least we told him the truth right?" I looked over to Jim.

"Yeah," Jim nodded. "I know."

"At least we didn't pick Dwight." I softly said.

"That would be BAD." Jim widened his eyes and gave wry look.

"Yup." I nodded. "Do you want to burp her?"

"Sure." Jim nodded and took the white blanket off my shoulder.

"Go to Daddy." I smiled as I handed Leigh off to Jim carefully.

"Hey there." Jim smiled as he propped her on his shoulder and began to burp her. "Pam, who's Shiloh by the way?"

"It's Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's child." I said, buttoning my shirt. "Did you hear about that?"

"No, I didn't know that." Jim shook his head, "And I don't want know about those two, you guys are way too involve with gossip." Then Jim heard Leigh's little burp, "There you go." He smiled and laid her back into his arms.

"Well it's girls stuff sometimes, it's like you and your brothers with sports." I shrugged.

"I know but it's just weird." Jim said. "I don't know if Leigh is going to be like you girls, all gossipping about hot, sexy guys."

I gave out wry laugh, "Like she's going to be talking about Phillies and the Flyers?"

"We'll see about that..." Jim stuck his tongue out as he got up and began to walk around then swaying to keep Leigh from fussing.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans