- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks SO much to Emily Halpert for helping out on this chapter, I would give some Schrute bucks to her in person if I could!!!
"It's okay, it's okay,” I hushed as I picked up the crying baby.

"Is everything okay in here?" Jim appeared at the door.

"Yeah, she needs to get changed." I said as I unpeeled the diaper. "Can you give me a favor?"

"Sure,” Jim nodded.

"Can you get her diaper bag ready for me?" I asked.

"Yep," Jim said.

"We're going to have some fun today,” I looked down to Leigh who was calming down. Then I changed Leigh into her red "Scranton" onesies. "There now, you're one of us." I smiled as I picked her up and headed downstairs.

"Ok, I got her diapers, wipes, blanket, bottles." Jim looked in her diaper bag.

"Wait, what about sunscreen?" I asked.

"Oh, right." Jim said and went to the bathroom. "I don't see it," after a moment looking through the cabinet under the sink.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Here, take Leigh. I think it might be upstairs," I handed the baby to Jim.

"Okay,” Jim said. "Hey you." Jim kissed her small head.

"Found it,” I waved it and put in the diaper bag then swung the bag on my shoulder.

"Sounds like we're ready to go,” Jim said, putting Leigh in her car seat.
------------------------------------------
"Got the stroller?" I asked as I brought Leigh out of the car.

"Yup," Jim nodded as he set the stroller down.

"Okay." I looked down to Leigh and kissed her head.

"Sure." Jim nodded.

"Okay." I said and grabbed the car seat out of the car and set it on the stroller.

"We're going to have fun," Jim looked down to Leigh who was smiling.

"You know, I can't believe just last year at this time, we found out that we're pregnant with Leigh." I smiled.

"I know right,” Jim laughed. "I can't believe a year went by so fast."

"Jim! Pam!" Michael ran towards us. "You're here!"

"Of course, we wouldn't miss it,” Jim shrugged.

"And hello you pretty girl,” Michael cooed at Leigh.

"So that means you are going to play volleyball again?" Erin asked.

"Hell yeah!" I said, "And this time, I'm not going anywhere even if I really twist my ankle." I wagged my finger.

"Awesome, Beesly." Jim smiled brightly and held his hand out to let me to give him five. But then we heard Leigh sneeze, "But wait, who's going to watch the baby?"

"Uh, maybe Angela could?" I shrugged.

"Me?" Angela spoke up.

"You just have to sit by the stroller during the game that's all. If she needs something, you can just yell out." I said. "But most of the time, Leigh’s good. She's either making baby noises or sleeping."

"Oh..okay." Angela said and shrugged.

"Thanks, Angela." I gave a small smile and pushed the stroller over to the bleachers.

"Well, well, look who it is." Charles spoke as he came towards us. "Jim and Pam and who is this?" He bent down to the baby.

"Leigh Halpert, our daughter,” I said. "She's 4 months old."

"Daughter?" Charles smirked. "Already?" He gave out a chuckle.

"Well apparently last year, when you sent us to go the hospital, we found out that Pam was pregnant with Leigh." Jim said.

"Oh." Charles lifted his eyebrows. “Ha, that’s a good thing, I made you go.” He smirked and left.

I scoffed, "Still a jerk, I see."

"He's an idiot anyways," Jim said. When, we arrived to the pavilion, we ordered food while I got Leigh settled.

"I'll have a hot dog, please." I said.

Leigh began to fuss and began to cry, which I knew that she would be hungry so I took the bottle out of her diaper bag and then I began to feed her.

"So Pam I hear that you're going to play volleyball again?" Oscar asked.

"Oh yeah!" I said. "Definitely."

"All right!" They cheered.

Dwight came up to the table, "Listen up guys, you're going to be in playing in...." He took a look at his watch. "45 minutes from now."

"Who are we playing against first?" Meredith asked.

"Rochester." Dwight looked at his pad. "Last year we were 3-1."

"They weren't good last year." Andy said, drinking his lemonade.

"I agree." Erin and others said in unison.

"Well, I'm hoping we're going to do better as a team more,” I said as I burped Leigh.

"Here you go, Beesly,” Jim came back with a hot dog and sat down next to me.

"Thanks,” I said as laid Leigh in the stroller and started to eat.

"Ryan, Andy, Jim, and me, are in the front again." Dwight said as he look at his pad. "Pam, Oscar, Kevin and Erin, you guys are in the back."

"And no phone calls this time during the volleyball session." Dwight grabbed the phone out of Ryan's hand.

"Hey, I was talking!" Ryan yelled.

"Not this time." Dwight shook his head. "Ok, Meredith, Phyllis and Kelly you guys are the back ups."

"I can't play volleyball, I'll break a nail." Kelly said. "I'll stay with Angela."

"Okay," Dwight rolled his eyes and sighed. "Then, I'll see you in 45 minutes on the field."

"We're gonna kick ass this time!" Andy said.

When we were done, we headed to the bleachers. "Ok, Angela I just fed her at lunch so she will probably snooze off,” I said, looking at Leigh who was sucking her pacifier.

"Pam!" Dwight shouted.

"Coming!" I looked over my shoulder.

"Just shout, if you need us,” I said. "The diaper bag is the under the stroller."

"Come on, Pam!" Dwight shouted again.

"Just go, I got it,” Angela sighed and waved her hands to shoo me.

After a few games, we beat the teams from Rochester, Buffalo and now were heading to play with New York.

"Well, well, well…" Charles smirked as he folded his arms across his chest. "Look, at the losers," he chortled.

"Well that's not going to happen this time," I said. "We're going to kick your ass, and I'm not going anywhere,” I put my hands on my waist in defiance.

"Easy Beesly,” Jim pulled me back.

As we're playing the game, I heard Angela cry out, "Pam, she's crying!"

"What's wrong, does she need to get changed?" I shouted back

“Yes!” She said with her face twisted in disgust.

"Well, can you change her?" I looked back as we rotated.

"I don't know how!" Angela shouted back as she held Leigh.

"Uh-oh, we got some problem here,” Charles sang.

"Jim, can you go get her?" I looked at Jim as he reached for the ball.

"Yeah, " Jim said but then was stopped.

"Wait wait, you guys can't change now during the game." Charles said. "It's against the rules,”

"No, it's not,” Dwight argued.

Michael came running, "I'll get her! I'll get her!" He grabbed Leigh out Angela's arms,

"But--"

"Go on and play,” Michael protested and waved his hand to let us stay in the game. "I'll take care of her."

"Michael--" Then I looked over to Jim in a horror.

"Next rotation, I'll see if I can get off and be with Leigh, okay?" Jim said.

As the ball went over the net after, Erin served. I quickly glanced over to Michael who was calmly talking to Leigh and playing with her baby toys in the shade by the bleachers. I softly smiled, maybe Michael isn't that bad.

"See, Mommy and Daddy are playing game with an evil group with an evil vicious man." I heard Michael say. "With--"

"Michael!" I shouted as I shot a look at him.

As the next round, Jim took a rest who took Leigh into his arms and thanked Michael for watching her. So I continued to play the game, I had to do it for our team.

"1 more point and we tie the game,” Charles said to his team.

Then the opponent served, as the ball was churning in the air, "Oh, I don't think so..." I thought so I ran to the front and spiked it as two members crashed into each other, missing the ball.

"Yes!" We all shouted as we jumped for joy.

"So long suckers!!" Andy said, pointed to them and laughed.

"Nice job, Beesly." Jim gave me five as he held Leigh. "Say nice job, Mommy?" He looked at Leigh was smiling and cooing.

"Thanks," I smiled as I held Leigh's small hand. "Did she need to get changed?"

"Yeah,” Jim nodded.

"Nice job guys,” Michael said.

"Thanks,” Jim said.

"Uh, Michael." I looked over to him. "Thanks for taking care of Leigh."

"No problemo, let me know and--"

Kelly came to us, "Oh my god you guys!"

"What?" I asked.

"We got a trophy!!" Kelly said and pointed to Andy and Kevin who was carrying a medium size trophy together.

"Oh, awesome!" Jim smiled and we joined them to celebrate our win.


adampascalfan12 is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Is this all dream? also liked 1164 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans