- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I am posting such short chapters but it will help me get them up faster. Still don't own them. But they own me!
Pam was exhausted. She shut the door to her hotel room and fell backwards onto the bed, kicking off her shoes in the process. Her brain hurt from a day with Michael. He was like a 4 year old child with ADD when he got around new people. People who hadn’t heard his jokes or witnessed his shenanigans. She didn’t even have Jim or Dwight to cushion some of the blow. She had barely seen either one of them all day because unlike their boss, they were off in meetings and seminars actually trying to get something from this convention.

Wine and some really bad straight to cable movie is what she decided that she needed. She was definitely in need of some relaxing if she was going to manage one more day of following Michael around. She sat up to find the number for room service when she heard a knock on the door.
S
he threw her head back in defeat. What does he want now? She thought to herself as she made her way to the door.

“Michael….” She said, opening the door, not bothering to look out the peephole.

Instead she found Jim and she gasped slightly. He stood in front of her, changed out of his business attire, in jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Her heart did flip flops and she had to remind herself that she was engaged. To another man.

Jim smiled. “I’m sorry, were you expecting someone else?”

Pam groaned. “Ughhh,” she said. “No, I thought for sure it was going to be Michael. Coming back to torture me some more.”

“Bad day, Beesly?” Jim asked. Pam opened the door and motioned for him to come in.

“You have no idea,” she answered. “And you know what? It’s your fault.”

Jim chuckled. “My fault? Really?”

“Yes,” Pam said, smugly. “You knew that I was going to be stuck with him all day and you didn’t even come try to rescue me. Once.”

Jim put his hands on her shoulders and then quickly removed them. “Well, I am here to rescue you now.” He said. “We’re going out.”

“We are?” She asked and Jim nodded. “Where are we going?” She grabbed a pair of jeans and a pink tank top and went into the bathroom pushing it almost all the way shut.

He shrugged. “I don’t know. We’ll find some place. As long as it has food and alcohol, I’m good.”

Sixty seconds later, Pam reemerged from the bathroom. She grabbed her purse and checked to make sure she had her room key.

“I could definitely use a drink,” she agreed. “Or two… or….”

“Let’s get you some alcohol Beesly,” Jim laughed, shutting the door behind them.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! I am hoping to get a couple more chapters done tonight if not the entire story.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans