- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't sue. No copyright infringement intended.

 

"Really Jim?" Pam said as they walked away from the cameras at the entrance of their company picnic.

 

"What? I didn't say anything," Jim said, his voice cracking as he hiked the strap of his backpack up a bit higher on his shoulder.

 

"You were thinking it."

 

He licked his lips and grinned. "You are not allowed to judge my thoughts."

 

"Huh...What if I decided to grab your package for balance?"

 

"That would be...Well, what's your definition of "grab"?"

 

She just rolled her eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Yeah I mean...we were always really careful until one day...we weren't," Pam said, her eyes widening at Jim.

 

Jim grinned back at her, then at the camera and their interviewer for their joint talking head. "Are we really going to talk to them about this? In here?"

 

"They asked...and they knew we weren't planning it so..."

 

"Ok...well, yeah I guess then...no we weren't planning it and now we're like...still planning the wedding - but in fast forward."

 

"Yeah," Pam said, grabbing his hand. "Looks like we're gonna have a shotgun wedding."

 

"Yep...Pam's wedding gown is now red."

 

Pam frowned. "Why would it be red?"

 

"Just..." he grinned. "You know..." he gestured down to her still flat tummy. When she remained blank faced, he scratched the back of his head. "You know."

 

"No Jim...I'm still wearing white," she said extricating her fingers from his.

 

"As well you should!" He said enthusiastically.

 

"Right....Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't wear white."

 

"Totally. And you should...I mean it's not like we weren't already having...or..."

 

Her eyes widened.

 

"Um...Why are we talking about this again?" he asked, and glanced at the cameras. His face beet red.

 

"I don't know," Pam said a bit sharply. "Why don't we not talk about it."

 

"What a great idea."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Pam slammed the refrigerator door in the break room and Jim lifted his eyebrows. "What's up?"

 

"Kevin...he's leering...It's worse than when Michael leers...because when Michael leers it's like an 11-year-old who just can't help himself.  When Kevin does it...I don't know - it's worse because he's popping a jelly bean when he does it."

 

"Want me to beat him up?"

 

"No..." Pam sighed. "I think I just need to look for a different type of blouse or...something," Pam said in a futile attempt to cover up her burgeoning chest.  She was in her fourth month of pregnancy and the girls weren't subtle anymore.  She pulled at the neckline and that just made the seam of her empire wasted shirt raise to the middle of her boobs.

 

Jim bit his lip. "It um...might be a lost cause...Great cause...but a lost one."

 

She glared at him from the spot where she leaned against the counter.  "You like your co-workers leering at your pregnant girlfriend, Jim?"

 

"Wife."

 

"Huh...maybe. It hasn't been that long. I think I can still get it annulled."

 

"Like that?" He asked, gesturing down to her round belly.

 

She walked out of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"No it was just this...thing...that's all."

 

"What kind of thing, Jim?"  Pam said turning to him in her chair.

 

"Just...I shouldn't have lunch with Michael...that's all."

 

She crossed her arms over her chest. "And why shouldn't you have lunch with Michael?"

 

Jim bit the inside of his jaw. "Um...no - nothing. No reason."

 

"So why's he grinning at me when he passes by my desk?"

 

Jim glanced at the camera as if maybe they might throw him a floatation device. "I don't know?"

 

"Is that a statement or a question, Jim?"

 

"Is this a...court...of law?"

 

"It might be. What did you tell him?"

 

Jim sighed. "Nothing...he just...he looks at you and he feels sad about Jan...and how the baby wasn't his and...you know - just Michael stuff."

 

"So he doesn't look sad now. How did you make him unsad?"

 

"Unsad? Is that a word?" He said smiling awkwardly at the camera.

 

"Stop it. I'm being serious."

 

Jim took a deep breath. "I wasn't trying to say anything. He just...was asking me questions about you know...pregnancy and stuff and...he...I mean you wouldn't think Michael reads anything, you know? But apparently when Jan was pregnant he did all this research and found out some things that he wanted to know about...you know...like myth vs fact."

 

"What kinds of things did he want to know?"

 

Jim made a face. A pained face.

 

"What?" She pressed.

 

He glanced up at the ceiling. Looking for God? "Um..." he squinted. "Michael wanted to know....if....maybe......if it was true....that sometimes women are more...um...." He squinted again and his voice cracked. "Amorous during...certain weeks of their pregnancy."

 

Pam's eyes grew wide. "Did you say yes?!"

 

"No!" Jim said quickly. "Not at all. I did not answer."

 

"You didn't answer?"

 

"No."

 

"So you answered," Pam sighed.

 

"No...just said I didn't answer."

 

"No, you answered with your non-answer. So now he knows I'm like a walking sex-machine now."

 

Jim lifted an eyebrow and shrugged just slightly, as if to say, ‘Well...it's true...' but remained silent.

 

"It's not a joke!"

 

Jim bit his lip...hard. "Nope. Not a joke...and I am...crazy, ridiculously sorry....and it was terribly inappropriate."

 

"Well...I hope you enjoyed that part of my pregnancy because it just came to an end."

 

Jim just glared at the camera, sadly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



LoveFool is the author of 48 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Four Times Jim Said something Sexual or Made a Completely Inappropriate Facial Expression also liked 2671 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans