- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I’m not a parent, but I’ve got 30 or so kids, and trust me, I’ve learned not to take moments like these for granted. Based off of a story in Atlanta Parent magazine. It was actually a humor story, but the point was there. I don’t own that magazine, nor do I own The Office or anything else of value.

WildBerryJam, you rock.
Author's Chapter Notes:

My Little Dude did this to me, and man, it like totally made everything all better.

            It had been so stupid. Ben had left one of his cars on the floor, and she’d slipped. Now she had a strained ACL and was walking on crutches. Jim was out of town on a business trip, leaving her alone with a toddler and an infant, when all she wanted to do was lay in bed and not move. 

 

            “Owww…” Pam rubbed her leg. Most of the pain had died down, but every once in a while, the pain flared up again.

            Ben looked at her curiously. “Mommy hurt?”

            “Yes baby, my knee hurts,” she’d explained. It’d been a few days, but the idea of the injury was still curious to him.

            Ben jumped up unexpectedly and ran into the bathroom. Pam watched him confused. He ran out with his Spiderman bandaids, and proceeded to stick bandaid after bandaid on her knee. After four or five of them, Pam quickly covered her knee with her hand, before he used up the whole box.

            “Wait mommy! I gotta kiss it!” Pam moved her hand, and Ben gave her knee a big sloppy kiss.

            And somehow… no matter how many aspirin she took or braces she tried, nothing helped her feel better more than the Spiderman stickers and the sloppy kisses.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans