- Text Size +
Chair Model: Margaret the Landlady

Margaret had a bone to pick with Pam. She couldn’t believe that Pam would set her up with someone so rude, so inconsiderate, so condescending. It was hard enough to find guys on her own, not that she minded so much that she was single, she had gotten used to it, but to have to deal with jerks when she they were talked up, that was a bit much. So Margaret decided to pay Pam a little visit after she had done her errands for the day.

At six that evening, she climbed the stairs to Pam’s apartment on the second floor. When she rounded the corner she noticed that Pam was standing in the hallway with her boyfriend Jim, the door to her apartment opened slightly.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay?” Jim teasingly pleaded. Margaret knew who Jim was, he was there just about every night, and she smiled thinking that Pam had found a good match.

“I have class,” Pam said responded, giving his tie a tug. “You can be away from me for a few hours.”

“Eh,” Jim shrugged playfully. “Not sure how I will go on living.”

Margaret smiled to herself and leaned against the wall as she watched.

“You’ll be fine,” Pam said rolling her eyes at him before smiling.

“Hey, Pam, just one thing before I go,” Jim started as he got down on one knee. His face grew serious. Margaret straightened, amazed that she might witness a proposal. “Pam, you are the most amazing person I have ever known and I want you to know how much I love you so,” he paused to clasp one of her hands in his. Pam’s stance was frozen as she waited anxiously. Margaret was nearly as anxious. “So…for your own health you have got to sweep this floor, I mean look how dusty it is.” He dropped her hand to run a finger along the wood floor. “See, it’s really gross.”

She automatically slapped him on the shoulder. “I cannot believe you. If you really think that I’m going to say yes if you keep…” Her words were silenced when in one swift motion, Jim rose and pulled her close for a deep kiss.

Margaret felt a little warm as she watched the two embrace with such passion. After a moment, they broke apart.

“You’ll say yes,” Jim said a slight smirk on his lips. Pam turned away slightly and if the light had been better, Margaret would have seen her blush. He gave her a soft kiss on the top of the head. “I’ll see you later tonight.” He squeezed her hand, then backed away, heading in the opposite direction of where Margaret stood. Pam watched him leave, a grin plastered on her face as she saw him turn the far corner. She shook her head thoughtfully, and if it was possible, grinned even wider, before returning into her apartment.

By that time, Margaret had forgotten the reason she had come up there and decided whatever it was should best be left for later.


iamapam1883 is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Different Perspectives also liked 2146 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans