- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Almost done, one more after this.
Angela frowned as she went over the reports. She honestly couldn't see what on earth Jim was talking about. The stupid man had probably made it up as some kind of joke. Suddenly she heard a noise from the corner of the room. It sounded...was that a kitten mewling?

She rushed to a small basket she found in the corner, opening it to find a tiny white ball of fur. She held it close, confused, until she spotted something around it's neck. There was a tiny note.

“You are so little and petite,
But to me you are extra, extra sweet.
Stanley's desk.”

She smiled to herself, confused but pleased by this tiny present. She grabbed the basket, which was laid with a soft blanket, and put her tiny bundle back into it, before walking through the kitchen to Stanley's desk.

There, sleeping on the keyboard, was a tiny ginger and white tabby. As she gently picked up the sleeping kitten she saw another note.

“Your eyes flash in anger so fierce,
The hardest shell those eyes would pierce.
Conference room.”

Placing her next small present carefully next to its basket mate she went to the conference room. There, playing with several balls of paper someone had rolled, was another beautiful kitten, this one a pale grey with a sleek coat. She smiled as she caught him easily, almost laughing as his tiny paws tried to play with her necklace. She easily removed her third note from her new feisty friend.

“No better woman to call my own,
The strongest mate I could have known,
I want my home to be our home.
Your desk.”

She was now smiling openly as she gently placed the fiesty youngster in the basket with his brethren, heading quickly across the office to her own space. At first she found nothing but a small noise from under her desk caught her attention.

A brief glance under her desk revealed a small black kitten with shocking blue eyes, who slowly came towards her as she murmered soft words. Snatching him up gently she looked for her next note, spotting it around his neck. She gasped as she found along with it a stunning ring. Her eyes filled as she read the note.

“Monkey,
I could ask no better woman to be my bride. Marry me.”

She turned as she heard the dloor creak behind her. There stood her D, eyes filled with hope and fear. Clutching the kitten in one hand she slipped the ring over her finger, nodding as her tears spilled over. His relief was palpable, and she quickly put her last tiny gift into the basket, before moving towards him.

They stared at each other a moment, eyes intense, before he swept her into his arms, kissing her fiercly.

Jim and Pam quietly moved from behind Michael's desk and out of the office, their exit failing to draw any attention from the newly engaged couple.

As soon as they arrived in the elevator the grinned at one another, holding hands. Jim looked at his wife.

“That was...inspired.” Pam grinned at Jim as she replied. “I always hoped they'd get together...if only to save other unsuspecting people from that.” Her eyes softened as she glanced at her own wedding band, and then at Jim's. Her husband smirked.

“Yeah, that's why you did that, it had nothing at all to do with wanting them to be happy together.” Pam smiled up at him, her eyes dancing with happiness and delight.

“Yup, nothing at all.”
Chapter End Notes:
I really would appreciate feedback on this :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans