- Text Size +
A/N: Basically, all I really want to do is write the next chapter of Two but it's just not working. I actually set aside an hour the other day to see what I could hammer out and just erased it all. It was pretty ugly. So I pulled out some of this fluffy nonsense to maybe get my mind moving. Who knows? Quite frustrating.

Disclaimer: Own nothing.

This one's post-Company Picnic.




----------

first trimester


From the end of the aisle, Jim squinted toward her as she plucked a box from the shelf.

"What, did you cheat the first time?" he smiled, pointing at the pregnancy test resting in the cart.

She shook her head, pointed her hand toward the box and adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "No! But don't you want a souvenir?"

He pulled his lip between his teeth, pretending to think hard. "I'm thinking we get one of those in around eight months..."

She beamed, pushing her hand into his chest.

"No, really though, I did save this pen from the hospital," Jim said thoughtfully, reaching into his pocket and producing a plain, black ink pen.

Pam smiled. "My cousin has all of her tests from each of her kids. Don't people do that?"

He shrugged, nodded and rubbed his hands together before he resumed pushing the cart in front of them. "I guess. Maybe they do?"

She looked down at the tile, as speckled with dirt as her shoes were, following the day's activities. "Besides," she said quietly, "I kind of can't wait to see the result."

When their eyes met, they stifled smiles and his hand snaked around hers.

"Yeah," he said simply, nodding heavily and stalling just a little as he reached for a bag of chips.

Later, she emerged from the bathroom with the test in her hand, raised in the air, with the biggest grin on her face. All he could do was throw his arms around her and lift her into the air. His face was buried into the collar of her shirt as she laughed over him.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans