- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toby tells Michael about his experience with death.

"Hey, Michael." Toby tentatively knocked on Michael's door even though it was open, and waited outside. Michael was engrossed in his desk. When Toby leaned foward slightly, he could see that he was staring at a picture.

Michael took a deep breath. "What do you want, Toby?"

"Um. I just wanted to apologize about today. I guess death is a sensitive issue for me." Toby sighed. "When I was a boy, my father worked as caretaker for this hotel and, well, he went...insane and he tried to kill me and my mother with an axe. And a roque mallet. In the end he wound up freezing to death when the building exploded."

"Geez. That's...rough. I mean I can't blame your dad for wanting to kill you, but it explains a lot about how you turned out. That is probably the reason why you're unable to have a healthy relationship."

Toby glanced at the camera and then looked back at Michael. "Yeah, probably."

Michael stood up and spread his arms out.

"...am I supposed to, er, hug...?" Toby asked.

"I know. It's probably uncomfortable for you." Michael walked over and put his arms around Toby. Toby kept glancing at the camera and then back at Michael.

"Thanks but this really isn't...neca...sarry."

"It probably would have been better if your father got you with the roque axe." Michael said comfortingly.

"Yeah. Well. Bye."

---------------------------------------

Pam was outside Michael's office when Toby walked out. They both began walking to their desks.

"Which one did you do?" She asked.

"The Shining."

"Movie or book?"

"Both."



vfdj42 is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans