- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, I dont own Jim or Pam or The Office. Although I dream about it :)

Thanks times a billion to the wonderful Deedldee. This story would not survive without you!
She woke up to the sound of her alarm clock screeching. Getting out of bed was tough but it’s not like she would have been able to fall back asleep anyway. Her laptop was on the desk in the corner, and even though she knew she didn’t have the time, she checked her e-mail anyway. Time definitely was not on her side, but she replied anyway.

To: Jhalpert@yahoo.com
From: Pbeesly@yahoo.com

Subject: My first day

Jim,
I accept your decision to be weird together, even though me being weird is not going to earn me many friends here. But that’s okay, I still have you.
Anyway, I am already late for my first day. Thanks a lot lol. Wish me luck!
Love Pam

She sighed and raced around the room to get ready. She made it out the door ten minutes late.

Great way to start the semester.


He was up before his alarm clock. He didn’t sleep much that night. The way she felt in his arms was a luxury he had grown used to and now that it was gone, sleeping soundly became impossible.

Might as well go in early.

He got himself dressed and ready to go. Even though it was eight in the morning, he made his way to work.

When he got to the office he realized he wasn’t the only one there. Dwight and Michael were having a conversation in Michael’s office. Dwight was on his knees typing something on his keyboard and Michael was in his chair talking to him.

Michael noticed immediately that he had arrived and shouted “Jimbo! What’s got you coming to work so early? I know that I am irresistible but-”

“No, Michael. I just didn’t sleep much. I was up early so I thought I would come in and start some work.” Jim said drowsily.

“Jim, why are you lacking sleep?” Dwight asked from Michael’s office, still kneeling on the floor.

“I just couldn’t sleep.”

“Liar. Don’t worry, I will have the answer in a matter of time.”

He had only been at work for two minutes and he could already tell it was going to be a long day. He groaned and looked up to Pam’s desk only to remember she wasn’t there.


She sighed as she exited the classroom. Making her way through the hallway and trying to text Jim at the same time was not a good idea. She collided with someone, causing him to drop his books all over the floor.

“Oh my gosh! I am so totally sorry. I was trying to text Jim and I wasn’t looking. Again I am really so sorry.” Pam gushed, feeling like a complete idiot.

“No harm done. And who is Jim?”

“Huh?” she asked and then remembered she had said she had been texting Jim. “Oh. He’s my boyfriend. We have been playing phone tag all day. Although, I now see that walking and texting is becoming a hazard.” Pam chuckled.

“That’s cool. Anyway I’m Dave. And I know that you’re the residential advisor. As much as I would like to stay and talk, but I have class. You probably do too. See you later.” He said.

“I’m Pam and you’re right, bye.”

She ran into class, once again forgetting to reply to Jim.

He sighed as he checked his phone. Again. For the sixteenth time. She must be in class.

“I have come to a conclusion on why you can not sleep.” Dwight announced.

“Yep. What is it?” he asked.

“Someone is coming after you.”

“And how did you come up with that one?” Jim asked trying to contain his laughter.

“Fact. You keep checking your phone for the time. This means you are in a hurry to leave and get away. Fact. You did not sleep because you could not sleep. You had to stay awake to make sure if anyone came, you would be awake to defend yourself. Am I not right?”

“Yes, that is exactly it. I am so scared. Dwight will you help me?” Jim said, trying not to burst or even smile.
Dwight leaned in and whispered “Jim, do not fear. As a former volunteer Sheriff Deputy it is my duty to ensure the safety of citizens. Lucky for you, you are a citizen and therefore I have to protect you.”

“Thanks buddy.” Jim sighed as he got up and headed to the break room.

He sat down all alone and thought about last night.

Aw, man. I forgot to check my email. He thought. He quickly finished his food and went to check his email.


She had gotten his email in the middle of class. The thought of talking to Jim made her so happy, she practically bolted from the room when class was over.

To: Pbeesly@yahoo.com
From: Jhalpert@yahoo.com

Subject: RE: My first day
Pam,
I am completely sure that you will make a ton of friends so don’t worry. Although I am glad that the thought of having me makes you so happy. I’m sorry that I am just so amazingly irresistible that you were late on your first day. Great first impression, huh? You don’t need luck, you are already so much better than every one else there.
Love, Jim

P.S. Not that you need it, good luck!

P.S.S Dwight thinks someone is after me…

Her mouse hovered over the reply button as a better idea popped into her head. Pam decided that calling him was something that she wanted to do more. She got her phone from her purse and called him. The phone rang endlessly, and with each unanswered ring, her heart sank lower. That was until she realized she should just call his work phone.


pajamaslove is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Love spread over miles also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans