- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I really enjoy writing these two and if they don't seem strictly according to character, it's because I wanted to give them some of the human feelings that I think are underneath their slightly (ok very) odd surfaces.
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or anything possibly related to NBC.


Angela was angrily stirring her tea when she heard the door open. For a moment she allowed herself to admire the tall figure that stormed in, then quickly ducked her head as Dwight looked up and realized she was sitting at the table.

The furious look on his face softened a bit as he observed the petite, fragile looking, blonde and he nodded respectfully in her direction. “Excuse my temper Angela” he began apologetically. “I have just discovered the reason that I have not been able to accomplish anything this morning. It is because Jim Halpert decided to pull a series of pranks on my computer. Including but not limited to covering my mouse hole, changing my passwords and setting my default font color on white”

Angela nodded “No apology necessary Mr Schrute, he can be rather annoying times.” Hesitating to spread gossip about a fellow worker, she decided to plunge in. “Shortly before my break, he actually came over to my desk and requested some forms that he should have filled out last week when everyone else did.”

Dwight nodded sympathetically “ And no doubt he had some excuse which the receptionist backed him up on.”

Angela scowled angrily “He said his grandmother was sick and he spent the week helping her out, and of course the little curly haired hussy backed him up, saying he’d called in and she’d informed Michael. And now because I have to dig out the forms and copy them, he’s going to make me late to pick up my order of cat cookies at Pampered Pets” With a huff she went to get up from her seat and marched toward the counter.

Dwight looked up surprised “I was going there after work as well. My cousin Mose has a birthday next week and he highly enjoys their white chocolate dipped poodle biscuits .”

Angela frowned for a moment, wondering why on earth a human would eat dog food. But her musings were cut short by Dwight’s standing in front of her and hesitantly staring at her coffee cup for second. After a moments pause he pulled his frame upright and spoke quickly.

“I realize by the time you finish fixing Halpert’s mistakes it will be quite late and as it is almost the winter solstice, the light will be gone by the time you leave. Might I stay behind as well and escort you through your cookie errand to ensure your safety?”

For a second Angela was taken aback by such gallantry, then she realized he was waiting for an answer. Allowing a small smile to cross her face she briskly answered “As you also have some extra work to do and will attending to the same errand afterwards, I feel that picking up our orders together would be most appropriate Mr Schrute.”

With a nod of his head, Dwight held the door for her as they returned to their respective desks. Angela sat down and attacked her work with renewed vigour, happily anticipating getting cookies with Mr Schrute.... with Dwight.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope y'all liked it! Please read and review!


Casinos and Coal Walks is the author of 8 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans