- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first ever fan fiction to be posted for the masses. It is sloppy, w/out much of a plot, has virtually no character development, and is overall rather close to pointless. I figured might as well stop being a freeloader and actually write something.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This takes place in the present and is kind of written as wishful thinking on my part.


Spoilers through "The Delivery" (sort of)


I neither own none of the forementioned proper nouns, nor am I trying to turn a profit on them.
They drove the short distance home silently. Pam had always known Jim liked sports but was never the type of guy to get too wrapped up in it or make it an emotional thing. That being said, when the Philadelphia Phillies were playing post season baseball as they had been often recently he, like any other red blooded Pennsylvanian, became a rabid win craving fanatic, and being his wife she thought it best to play along. So they all gathered in an overly crowded Poor Richard’s along with Mark, Isabel, and some other friends for the pivotal game 5 against the Cincinnati Reds.

Though it wasn’t ideal circumstance for Pam’s taste to be in a bar on some Tuesday night while everyone, including her husband, was glued to the TVs, she was just glad to be out of the house and away from a screaming teething baby for a few hours. No doubt she loved Cece but she also couldn’t help the slight jealousy that once she and Jim had finally gotten some time away he should be paying more attention to her. But she pushed that out of her mind and just continued chatting with Isabel while the groaning throughout the bar continued to become more and more prevalent.

As the game progressed the mood in the bar only got worse. The young guys in the Reds’ lineup; Joey Votto & Jay Bruce were doing the unthinkable having touched up the Phillies ace Roy Halladay for two runs each already, and The Reds’ starter Edinson Volquez had only given up two hits in five innings. The Reds were a very good team, Jim knew that, but they just edged their way into the playoffs for the first time in fifteen years while the Phillies looked like the best team in the National League for at least the last two months. It was like watching a train wreck unfold before your eyes as the hitters weren’t able to get anything into the outfield and the pitchers couldn’t find the strike zone with a map.

“Whats going on?” Pam asked turning to Jim.
“It’s not looking good.” Jim said simply without looking away from the TV above the bar.

Jim simply couldn’t believe what he was seeing. The Phillies were supposed to dispatch The Reds back to the Queen City easily on their way to a third straight National league pennant. As it sat now they were down five runs in the eighth and even the most optimistic side of him was beginning to see the end of the road for the Philadelphia nine. Looking across the bar it was clear everyone else was feeling the same way; somewhere in the emotional spectrum between outraged and depressed.

When they got home they found Cece to be sound asleep having “cried herself into a coma” as the babysitter put it. Jim continued to sulk as they both launched into their pre bed time routines, silently brushing teeth and changing. Once in bed Pam snuggled up to her husband spooning him.

“I’m sorry about the Phillies.” She whispered, pressing a kiss to his temple.

“Me too, sorry to be so quiet… I thought we really had a chance this year.” He mumbled solemnly, rolling over. “I did not see The Reds coming that’s for sure.”

“Well let me try to cheer you up.” She said with a smile in her voice. “I know we’ve had makeup sex… newly engaged, and honeymoon sex. Have you ever heard of ‘The Phillies lost sex’?"

“You know, I haven’t. But I think that sounds like something I could get on board with.” He said with a chuckle while also remembering that there’s always next year.
Chapter End Notes:
Break me off a piece of that Fancy Feast! It's the cat food. Nailed it.


Nard Dogg is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans