- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enough People asked for it, so here it is-- the epilogue set during "Phyllis's Wedding." I know I had said I was going to post this sooner, but real life got in the way. I have these little people that live with me and apparently they rely on me to meet all their needs... weird.
I had a hard time getting this out (TWSS?) and I am not totally satisfied with it, but if I didn't post it now, I don't think I'd ever be 100% satisfied with it, so here it is.
Same disclaimers apply.

Pam applied one last coat of lip gloss and then checked her reflection in the mirror. It had been six days since she and Jim reconnected, and by all measures they were together. Their families were the only ones who knew about their relationship. Her mother had practically fainted with joy when Pam broke the news to her. “It’s about time that boy got his head on straight,” Helene exclaimed one afternoon over coffee.

As hard as it was, they were keeping their relationship secret at work. It had to have been obvious to everyone in the office that something had happened amongst the three of them, but surprisingly, nobody pried. The morning after their breakup, Karen came in with red, puffy eyes. She barely spoke to anyone and by lunchtime, Toby could tell something wasn’t right and suggested she take half a sick day.

She and Jim had also come into work looking exhausted. They spent a few more hours the previous evening talking through their issues. And, then at Pam’s insistence that he not drive home so late, Jim slept over. As per Jim’s desire, they did nothing more than make out like a couple of hormonal teenagers before snuggling into each other and falling asleep.

The past six days have been the best of Pam’s life. She and Jim had spent every night together. Sometimes going out on “proper dates,” as Jim called them, and some nights ordering take out and hiding out in one of their apartments. Last night they ordered pizza, watched Dazed and Confused, and finally gave into years of sexual frustration. When Pam woke up this morning, still naked from the previous night’s activities, with Jim’s long, naked form enveloping her, she couldn’t help but think she could not be any happier.

Of course not everything was perfect, as would be expected. Karen was angry; angry at Jim for leading her on and ultimately dumping her and angry at Pam for, well, Pam really wasn’t sure what Karen was mad at her for, although she could understand why. If she had to guess, Pam would say that Karen was mad at her being the only one for Jim.

Gossip was going around that Karen had talked to Jan about a transfer and the best their boss could do was a transfer to Utica in about a month’s time. The three of them were biding their time and doing the best they could to get through the next 4 weeks.

Tonight is Phyllis and Bob’s wedding and Jim is picking Pam up. Despite the need to keep their relationship secret, they were going together under the guise of two single friends keeping each other company. Weddings were supposed to be tough for the single, no?

Pam’s thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. She opened up and the sight of him took her breath away. There stood Jim, looking more handsome than she had ever seen. His suit fit better than the ones he wore to work and he just looked so good. He was holding a bouquet of colorful mixed flowers and his mouth was agape.

Neither of them spoke for what seemed like several minutes, but in actuality it was just a few seconds.

Jim was the first to break the silence, “Oh, Pam, wow. You look gorgeous.” He was so taken back by how beautiful she looked, he couldn’t move. Her brown dress hugged her body in all the right places and her hair and makeup were done perfectly. “Oh, umm, these are for you,” he stuttered, handing her the bouquet.

“Jim, you did not have to bring me flowers again. I’m running out of vases,” she said blushing from the way he was looking at her.

She was reaching into a kitchen cabinet for her final vase when he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting small kisses on her neck and behind her ear lobe.

“I meant it when I said you looked gorgeous. My god, it’s going to be difficult to get through tonight without touching you,” he breathed out between kisses.

Pam let out a low, breathy groan. She was amazed the effect his touch had on her. “Well, let’s just get it over with. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave and come back here and I’ll show you what I bought to wear underneath this dress.”

“You’re killing me, Beesly, you know that right?” Jim groaned as he helped her into her coat.

“Yeah, I know, but in the best possible way,” Pam joked as she planted a light kiss on his lips, “Now let’s go.”

The ceremony was interesting, for lack of a better word. Michael made a fool of himself as only Michael can when he expects to be the center of attention. Pam and Jim sat next to each other with Stanley and his wife Terri. The pews of the church were overstuffed and by the time the ceremony had started they were sitting so close, their thighs and knees were touching. It seemed innocent enough to those around them, but it was enough to make Pam blush. Pam was so wrapped up in Jim’s presence, she barely noticed that every detail of the ceremony was an exact copy of her own wedding, right down to the dress.

Pam and Jim were elated when they arrived at the reception and noticed they had been seated at the same table. They were the first to take their seats at the table and they were quickly joined by Ryan, Kelly, Toby, and a few others. They were happily joking with their table mates when Karen sat down next to Toby. The table went silent and about a minute later Roy joined their table.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Jim said under his breath only loud enough for only Pam to hear.

Eventually it was announced that dinner was served and people began to make their way to the buffet line. To keep up the “just friends” appearance, Jim went to the buffet line first, after Pam insisted that it was okay for him to go before her. With Jim gone, Roy scooted into his seat.

“I know I normally don't notice these kind of things but uh... This wedding's really nice! I mean, the flowers and stuff? Phyllis has got some great taste,” Roy whispered as he leaned into Pam.

“You’re kidding me, right?” Pam asked. She could not believe it. Not that she ever needed confirmation that she made the right decision, but the fact that Roy had no idea that this was their exact wedding made Pam all that more sure in what she did.

“I know you're probably not going to remember this, right? But um... Those color roses? I got you those color roses for our prom,” Roy said, seemingly proud of his realization.

“Roy, I picked those flowers. Phyllis just stole all of my ideas for our wedding,” Pam snapped out, so obviously annoyed.

“I uh guess I wasn't really too involved in the planning,” Roy whispered.

“Yeah,” Pam said, noticing Jim returning from the buffet line, “Listen, let’s not dwell on it. It’s over now. Clearly we made the right decision in not getting married.”

Roy looked upset, but Pam wasn’t going to dwell on it. Just then Jim loomed over her, clearing his throat as a signal to Roy to move.

“What was all that about?” Jim asked as he sat down.

“Oh, I uh, nothing. Just Roy being Roy,” Pam said as she stood up, “I’m going to go grab some food. Try not to miss me too much, Halpert.”

As Pam left the table, Jim glanced around, catching Karen’s scowl. “This night could not end soon enough,” he thought to himself.

The night went by slowly. Jim and Pam talked and joked with each other. Occasionally they were left alone and would flirt back and forth.

“I know the music is terrible, but I really want to dance with you,” Jim whispered in Pam’s ear.

“I know, me too, but I think that would effectively blow our cover,” Pam said with a frown.

Jim glanced around the room for a minute, noticing a solution to their problem.

“You see those doors over there,” Jim said nodding his head towards a set of double doors. Pam nodded. “It looks like they lead to a balcony. I bet out there, we could still hear the music but can’t be seen. You head out there, and I will meet you in five.”

Pam smiled. Without saying anything, she stood up and headed in the direction of the doors.

“Pammy,” Roy called out as she was halfway to the doors. She stopped and he caught up to her. “Listen, I’m sorry about earlier,” he said, “Let me make it up to you. How about a dance?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Roy,” Pam responded, looking over Roy’s shoulder towards Jim, who was watching the ex-couple, “I’ve moved on and I don’t want to give you the wrong idea. I think it’s time you tried to do the same.”

Roy didn’t say anything. He just lowered his head and walked away. Pam felt just the smallest bit of sadness about turning him down, but she knew it was for the best. She turned and headed towards the balcony.

She was outside for a few minutes when she heard the creak of the door.

“Fancy meeting you out here,” Jim said in a low, sexy voice, “Care to dance?”

He wrapped his arms around her tightly and began slowly moving to “Fields of Gold.” Her head was resting on his chest listening to his heart beat and he placed the softest of kisses on the top of her head. She strained to look up at him with a big smile on her face. He was smiling, too, and leant down to kiss her. Right when their lips made contact, the door made a soft creaking sound and they both jumped, pulling apart.

“I knew it! I fucking knew it!” Karen screamed. “You couldn’t even wait a week before running into her arms, could you, Jim?”

“Karen, come on,” Jim spat, trying to keep his cool, “Don’t do this here. Try to have some respect for the bride and groom.”

“Respect? Respect? You’re one to talk, Jim!” Karen was furious now. Yelling loud enough for people to hear and a small crowd was lingering near the door. “You and I haven’t even been broken up for a week and you’re already sneaking off with the receptionist.”

“Wait, what?” Michael exclaimed, “Jim and Pam? What, really? That’s fantastic! Way to go man! I told you, remember ‘Never, ever, ever give up!”

By then, the rest of their officemates had gathered at the balcony doors to watch the commotion.

“You guys are together?” Phyllis asked.

“Umm, yup. Yes we are,” Jim answered, being completely honest.

This was met with various claps and thumbs up from their coworkers. Kelly even let out a loud squeal.

“Will you all just shut up?” Karen yelled angrily, “How can you be happy for them? He just broke up with me six days ago!”

No one said anything to Karen and frustrated, she left in a hurry.

After a few minutes, everyone lost interest and went back to the wedding festivities. Pam felt bad about the commotion they caused and made her way to Phyllis.

“Phyllis, I just want to apologize for the scene we just caused. We were doing our best to keep our relationship quiet until Karen transferred. We certainly didn’t mean for it to come out here at your wedding,” Pam said meekly.

“Oh, no, it’s fine. I’m so happy today, I don’t think anything could ruin it,” Phyllis replied smiling, “Oh, and Pam, it's great that you're dating, but when a new client calls, you just have to randomly assign them to a sales person. You can't base who gets new clients on who you're sleeping with that week, OK?” And with that, Phyllis turned to see what Bob was doing.

“Okay, maybe I don’t feel that bad,” Pam thought to herself.

“Hey,” Jim said appearing next to her, “What where you and Phyllis chatting about?”

“Oh, it was nothing,” Pam replied taking his hand, “How about you take me home, Halpert?”

He kissed her forehead and sighed, “Gladly.”

Chapter End Notes:
There it is! Don't forgot to review!


BluetimesTwo is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Just a Kiss also liked 2614 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans