- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just a brief little thing to wrap this story up. With Roy out of the way our favorite couple is free to live happily ever after. I want to thank everyone who read, especially those who reviewed. Every review means the world to me and I will miss this story. Enjoy!

A couple of months had passed since Roy had attempted to knock him out in front of all of his coworkers. The police were called and locked Roy up, but in the end, Jim declined to press charges against him as long as he agreed to leave Pam alone. Roy had honored the request and the last Pam had heard, he went to stay with a cousin in Pittsburgh and was looking for work out there.

With her ex out of the way, Jim and Pam continued to date quietly, spending most of their evenings together and after they had taken things slow for long enough, their overnights too. Sometimes a stretch of several days would go by without Jim returning to his apartment. The first time it had happened, Mark joked that he was about to call the police and file a missing person’s report.

They had agreed to continue to keep their relationship a secret from their coworkers and the cameras until they were both ready for it to be revealed. Jim had a feeling that his more perceptive coworkers suspected something was going on after Roy attempted to attack him, but no one said something directly. There were some knowing glances from Phyllis, Oscar, and Toby, but no one ever called them on it. They didn’t want the documentary crew to know because they did not want to become the focus of a documentary. They were totally happy playing the sane staff members amongst the crazy and unhinged.

It took all the strength they both had to control themselves at work. There were many a time when all Jim wanted to do was lean over and kiss her in the break room during lunch or hold her hand on their way out at the end of the day. They took separate cars to work the mornings after they had spent the night together and arrived at different times to avoid suspicion.

It was ironic that it was in his own home that the cameras had finally caught them. A week prior during a double date, Jim and Pam were entertaining Mark and his girlfriend with stories of Dwight and Mark was convinced they were making the stories up. Intent on proving him wrong, they began planning a barbecue to show Mark that Dwight is indeed very much real.

He hadn’t invited the camera crew to his house, but when they showed up before everyone else, he couldn’t argue. He had signed a contract giving them full access to his life, both in the office and outside.

He was about to give a tour of his place when Pam had shown up. To keep up the guise that they were just friends, she had come home with him earlier to help him set up, left to get changed, and returned fashionably late. She had joined their coworkers on the tour to make it seem like she hadn’t been there before, that she hadn’t spent late nights up in Jim’s bed making love and talking until the wee hours or mornings there making breakfast and getting ready for work.

Jim could blame Pam for accidentally outing them to the cameras. She must have gotten bored of the tour she’s been on more than a handful of times and hung back in Jim’s room.

“See, I knew we lost somebody on the tour,” Jim joked as he entered the room. Pam was sitting on his bed, flipping through his yearbook like she had done many times before. He looked behind him to check for cameras before shutting the door behind him.

He thought he had shut the door completely, but here he was sitting in the conference room the following Monday next to Pam, watching themselves on a TV monitor. It had been a tame kiss, a little more than a peck, but it was enough for the lone camera man to catch through the sliver of the door that remained open. The documentary producer, Jen, paused the video, freezing an image of Pam on her knees on Jim’s bed mid-embrace with a standing Jim. They were joined at the lips with his hands resting gently on her waist. Jen just looked at them, not having to say the words to the question they knew she wanted an answer to.

“No, that’s not. I mean that was,” Jim stuttered.

“Yeah, that was umm,” Pam attempted to help.

“I mean I can see how it would seem a bit like we umm. It looks like, umm, but I mean now a days you can edit anything, right? You can edit anything umm to look like anything.”

“Yeah, I gave him a kiss because…” Pam says as she glances towards Jim, “because we’re dating.”

“Wow,” Jim blushed, “There it is.”

“Uhh, yeah,” it was Pam’s turn to blush, “We haven’t told anybody, but it’s going really great. Right?”
br> “It is going really great.”

Jim had thought that once the documentary crew knew of their relationship, the rest of the office would soon follow. He had noticed that the camera crew had become increasingly interested in their interactions, but they didn’t breath a word to the rest of the staff.

It was a week later that Toby outed them to the rest of the office. It was his memo on PDA in the office and Michael’s relentless demands to know who it was about that led to an announcement in front of everyone. Jim could tell Pam was embarrassed and he was too, but a small part of him was happy they didn’t have to hide it anymore. He could kiss her at lunch, Toby’s memo be dammed, and he could hold her hand as they left the office.

They wouldn’t have to take separate cars anymore and stagger their arrivals, which meant they could spend more time in bed together in the morning. When she had first started there, Pam had become Jim’s reason to get out of bed, but now, she was his reason to stay in bed.

Chapter End Notes:
Wow, there it is! /Jim

I know the ending was a little corny, but I wanted a way to tie in the title of the story. Don't forget to review!


BluetimesTwo is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked A Reason to Get Out of Bed also liked 2645 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans