- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
HI! I'm soooo sorry for the massive delay on this chapter, but I had a bunch of family stuff, getting-ready-for-Harry-Potter stuff and I had to go to my dad's. Well, anyway, now it's done. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I think there will be two more, so get ready.

disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or weapons from The Office and Doctor who.
# 4 – The Double Agent


‘River?’ asked Amy.

There was a beautiful woman on top of the staircase. She looked fierce, like a superhero, and had curly blond hair. Her clothes were like a combat outfit but very feminine and she had a gun that looked like a mixture between a Star Trek phaser gun and a Colt 45 from the Old West movies with Clint Eastwood or Chuck Norris.

‘What are you doing here?’ asked the Doctor. The woman went straight to him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

‘I’m here to save you, sweetie. The Daleks are here and you are almost too late, therefore, much help is needed.’ She said. ‘And you must be the Jim Halpert they’re looking for.’

Jim forgot how to speak for a moment.

‘Hm, yeah. Jim Halpert, nice to meet you.’
‘I’m Dr. River Song, hi.’

‘Are you a Time Lord as well?’

‘No, just the old Time Traveler. Less about me. You, now. Are you planning on helping the Daleks?’ she asked, looking straight into his eyes. She saw right what he wanted to do. But Jim didn’t want to destroy the Doctor or the Universe or anything… He just wanted Pam to be safe. Because he brought her to this god-awful place and because she was in danger and because he loved her ever so much.

‘I just want to save Pam.’ He said, bowing his head. She nodded and looked at the Doctor.

‘We are going to need to be—‘

‘Aggressive, yes. We will. I have a plan.’ Said the Doctor, gazing at nowhere in particular.

‘Do you, now?’

‘Oh, yeah. Jim will have to co-operate, though.’

‘I’ll do anything.’ He said and truly meant it. Jim didn’t like the Doctor whatsoever. But he now realized that he was the only way he could save Pam. Pam mattered the most, more than his own life. He’d do anything.

‘Good. Now, let’s plan it out.’


***

Ding dong.

Pam heard the doorbell ring on the ground floor. She hoped it was one of her friends coming to rescue her. Jim. She really wanted to see Jim. She wanted to see him and tell him that she was wrong. Roy wasn’t right for her and Pam couldn’t marry him. She would change things. Yes, she could. Ad it turned out, it wasn’t Jim who misinterpreted their friendship; it was Pam who misinterpreted their love.

‘Who’s there?’ she heard the Dalek ask Madame Bonfoiaunt. Pam saw her looking at a camera and smile.

‘The One you’re looking for, Master.’ She said.
The Dalek laughed. Cezánne, stading next to him, smiled as well. He was hypnotized.

‘Ja-mes-Dun-can-Hal-per-t. He-will-get-me-the-Doc-tor!’ said the Dalek. His – or was it its? – voice was high pitched and robotic. Pam had been listening to it for a few hours now and it was extremely annoying. But, yes, I was Jim! He was there to save her! Pam couldn’t be more thrilled!

Madame Bonfoiaunt left the cellar e went to answer the door. A few moments later, she came back with Jim following her.

‘He-llo-Ja-mes.’ Said the Dalek.

‘Hey. So, I’m here to help if you give Pam back.’ he said. Pam stared at him in shock. This was not her Jim. He’d never do that!

‘Oh, but can can you help us?’ asked Cezánne.

‘I can give away the Doctor’s location and how to get him.’ He said.

“No! Stop that! Jim!!! Are you crazy?!?” thought Pam, giving him that look. The one that said “shut-up-you-are-doing-something-wrong-!”. Jim looked at her with sad eyes. It was hurting him to do that. Of course it was, Pam though, Jim was a nice guy.

‘Per-fect. We-knew-you-would-co-o-pe-ra-te!’ said the Dalek.

‘Yes, indeed. Write what we should know down and we’ll check the information.’ Madame said, showing him a sort of alien computer thing that Pam had no idea what it was.

Jim went straight to it and started typing. The Dalek, Cezánne and Madame Bonfoiaunt were staring at him while he did it. Pam noticed how stiff he neck looked, like he was stressed beyond belief. Jim was scared.

‘Done.’ He said, trying to sound nonchalant ‘Now let her go.’

‘Ha, ha. It’s not that easy.’ Said the robotic Madame, giving a frightening mechanic, lifeless laugh. ‘You can have the girl after we get the Doctor. Until then, you’re stuck with us.’

Cezánne held him and dragged him to the cell where Pam was. She was eager to see him closer and touch him.

Jim was thrown inside the cell and Pam rushed to him.

‘Oh, my God, Jim!’ she held him, squeezing his neck with a hug.

‘Pam, are you alright? Did these bastards do anything to you?’

‘Yeah, I’m fine… I knew you’d come back for me. Just… Why did you sell them out?’

Jim leaned toward her and whispered.

‘We have a plan.’ He winked.

Pam smiled. That was so obvious! They had a plan! Jim was not a bad guy! He had a plan!

‘You have no idea how relieved that makes me…’ she whispered back. ‘I knew you were not a traitor.’

‘Yeah, I’m not. But you have to keep it down, though. We have to keep it down because I wanna live..’he smiled sadly. ‘And I’m pretty that’s not going to happen if I bring a dead Pam to Roy Anderson.’

Pam dropped her head. Her eyes filled with tears. She was going to tell him. Tell him that she would end things with Roy as soon as they got to Scranton.

‘About that… I realized some stuff being locked here…’ she started, trying to sum up the courage to pour her heart out like he had. ‘Roy is not right for me. I mean, he might have been, years ago, but I feel like I’ve outgrown him. I am different now and he doesn’t support me… My dreams and ideas. And, as much as I love him, it’s not the same thing. Not the same love. I mean…’ Pam was trying to sound coherent but she knew it was hard. Jim was looking at her, puzzled. ‘There are a lot of reasons to call off my wedding… The thing is, I didn’t care about any of these reasons until I met you… Until I realized that life can be different, better… Happier.’

When she finally looked up with her teary eyes, she saw the same tears on Jim’s eyes. He was also crying. But they were happy tears now. Jim held her face and pulled her closer. Their tears mixed and their mouths smiling.

Pam remembered that kiss from the night of the Dundies. She was really drunk, but that kiss was amazing. Now, she actually felt was Jim was capable of… Soft lips and a tender touch. His thumbs caressed her cheeks and her hands held onto his hair. They felt how right that was. They fit. So magically and indescribably, they fit.

After what seemed like ages and seconds at the same time, they stopped, breathless.

‘Wow, you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that…’ he said, in a soft whisper.

‘Me too…’

They were startled by the sound of the Dalek coming.

‘We-ha-ve-got-the-di-rec-tions.’ he said. ‘Not-long-now.’

‘It’ll soon be over.’ Said Jim, holding Pam by the small of her back. She smiled softly. Soon they’d be back home and Pam would break things off with Roy. Then, she and Jim would be together. At last.



***


At the TARDIS, the Doctor, River, Amy and Rory were waiting. River had plugged a hearing aid on Jim so that they’d know what was going on inside the house and, so far, it was all going according to plan.

Jim was supposed to go to the house, wearing a small plug on his wrist, and give away the TARDIS positions and the Doctor’s “fake intentions”, and not mention River. He also had to put the plug on Madame Bonfoiaunt as soon as he was done with that, since he’d probably go to the cell and they needed more information on the Dalek’s plans on 19th century Earth.

‘He’s good. Maybe that’s why they needed him…’ said River. Rory snorted.

‘Maybe, or maybe it was the fact that the Doctor is scared of him…’

‘I am nor afraid of him! He just looks really determined.’ Said the Doctor, looking at the monitor where the Dalek’s soundwaves were coming.

The directions Jim gave were also a decodification system so that the TARDIS could infiltrate the Dalek’s computer and find plans.

Suddenly, a noise coming from a room upstairs. It was a metallic sound, very recognizable. The Dalek entered the TARDIS.

‘Let’s play.’ Said River, setting her gun.

‘Amy, Rory. Hide.’ Said the Doctor, getting his sonic screwdriver.
Chapter End Notes:
Two chapters left! Please send reviews, I like them. They are fun! Criticism is well-received. :P

bye!
xxxxxx

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans