- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I had intended this to be a one-shot, but the kind reviewers here convinced me there was enough for a longer story. Hope you agree!

Mild spoilers through Gettysburg. No copyright infringements intended.
To: Barbara Tuchman, Acquisitions Editor


From: Bob Errington, Editor in Chief, Scholastic Publishing Group


RE: Jim Halpert/D-M Paper

Thanks for your memo about the Garden Party book. Sorry the hunt was not successful, but I would encourage you to keep trying. That writer appears to have some real talent and I would love to track him or her down, if possible.

As far as the new paper supplier is concerned, I agree that it makes sense for a Philadelphia-based publisher to be using a supplier from Pennsylvania, so I am happy to support this. Unfortunately, I have had some difficulty in reaching the salesman you mentioned, Jim Halpert. He and I have played phone tag the last two weeks, some of which was my fault (I was away for the MLA conference). However, the last two times I called his office, I got some very strange results. The first time, the receptionist screamed something about "Today is Doomsday!" and hung up. The second time, I was told that Mr. Halbert was on a "field trip" to Gettysburg, which you have to admit is an odd place for a paper salesman from Scranton to go for the day. Do they have a contract with the National Park Service?

Anyway, if you really want to go with this company, I am ok with it, but I'd like you to make another site visit to Dunder-Mifflin and perhaps get Mr. Halbert to come on down to Philadelphia for the day to discuss their offer in person. Maybe he could shed some light on the oddities of his office with us (could be a story there?)

Best wishes,

Bob
Chapter End Notes:
This was written while waiting for President Obama to visit my University for an NCAA basketball game. We had to be in our seats early for security purposes, so I took the time to update this on my iPad.

Thanks to Vampiric Blood for her comments and encouragement!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans