- Text Size +

She wakes up suddenly, again. She sits up, incredibly disoriented. It's dark and she hears snoring from beside her.

 

She realizes in a flash that Roy is snoring, and Jim's in Stamford.

 

She stands and stumbles to the bathroom, turning the lights on full-blast. After her eyes adjust, she looks in the mirror. The light catches the stone in her engagement ring and she's looking down at it now, thinking hard. She slides it off slowly, her heart feeling lighter with every inch. She sets it down on the counter.

 

She goes to the living room and picks up her phone without thinking twice.

 

His bleary voice on the other end is music to her ears. "Pam? It's four in the morning. Why--"

 

"I'm in love with you too," she blurts out, tears spilling down her cheeks. She hears him gasp. "I'm not gonna marry him."

 

"Seriously?" He sounds flabbergasted.

 

"Am I too late? Please, Jim. Please tell me I'm not too late."

 

"You said… you said you can't, Pam. You said I misinterpreted." He sounds more heartbroken than flabbergasted now.

 

"I'm so sorry. I was an idiot. I can, Jim. I want to. What's your address? I'll come tell you myself. I'll bring breakfast." She lets out a sob. "Unless you don't… do you still love me?"

 

She can hear him sitting up in bed. He blows out a big, whooshing breath, his next words sounding like they're being wrenched from him. "You know I do."

 

She bites her lip with a grin. "You like pancakes?"

 

"You know I do," he repeats, and she can hear a hint of a teasing lilt in it this time.

 

And now she's laughing and crying. "Where do you live?"

 

He tells her and she writes it down, saying she'll be there as soon as she can and asking what his favorite kind of pancakes are, and is there an IHOP in Stamford?

 

"There is. I like chocolate chip. Pam… what changed your mind?" he wants to know, and he's back to flabbergasted.

 

She giggles. "I'll tell you when I get there."

 

Jim sighs as he hangs up and goes to shower, hoping he doesn't wake up to find this was all just a dream.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
This is really the end of the story. The next chapter was written before I decided to make this a story from Pam's POV. So read on if you're interested to see the apocalypse from Jim's POV! (Who wouldn't be?)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans