- Text Size +

Pt 10


Pam (excited): This weekend is mine and Jim’s wedding… It’s going to be amazing, even if things go wrong along the way, because I’m marrying the love of my life.


I watch Dwight go into Michael’s office, pretending to have work to do.


Alice: Ever since Jim got promoted, a lot of his calls go straight to his office. Michael still likes his calls to come through me first…


While I’m on  break, Dwight comes into the kitchen and rests against the counter.


“So…” he starts, watching me fix myself a cup of coffee. “Michael has asked me to be his wingman this weekend while we’re in Niagara. That means we’ll be at the bar, talking to eligible women.”


“That means we’ll barely get to spend time together because Michael put you in charge of getting him laid.” I grumble, stirring milk into my coffee.


“No, it’s not like that. Michael just worries that you joining me at the bar will make him look inadequate. I’d love nothing more than to spend the weekend with you, but I have to demonstrate my loyalty to Michael, especially now.”


Dwight tries to pull me into his arms. I let him, but move my face away when he goes to kiss me. Then walk out of the kitchen, and back to my desk, leaving Dwight alone.


“Hey Boner Champ,” I say, walking over to Andy’s desk. “You throwing a rager in Niagara?”


“Uhhh, yeah! Totally…” Andy agrees, awkwardly staring at me too long.


“Great! I’ll be there.” I say before making way to my desk.


“What was that?” Pam asks in a whisper.


“Dwight’s on Michael duty, so I’m going to get wasted this weekend.”


I hear Meredith cheer from her desk, shaking her fist in the air at the news. I hold back laughter, taking a sip of my coffee and waiting for phone calls that won’t come through.


“Are you mad at me, Al?” Dwight asks as we drive back to Schrute Farms at the end of the day.


“Oh, no, it’s fine. I love going to destination weddings and hanging out with all of the other singles.” I reply, dripping with sarcasm.

“You know it’s not like that, Alice. I can’t deny Michael this opportunity.” I shrug, turning my attention to whatever passes by outside my window.


“Fine, but I’m stealing your wolf shirt to sleep in.”


The next morning, we head to Niagara. After checking in, Michael comes up to us asking to bunk in our room.


“Please,” I mumble, rolling my eyes as Michael tries to swindle Dwight into giving him our room. “No, Michael. The only people staying in our room will be me and Dwight. I deserve at least that much time with him this weekend, don’t you think?”


“Okay, gross. I just need somewhere to sleep–”


“Well, maybe Dwight will find a sorry girl to sleep with you and then you’ll have somewhere to stay.” I say, grabbing Dwight’s hand and guiding him to the elevators to find our room.


“That was a little harsh,” Dwight whispers.


“I’m sorry, I’m just mad.” I sigh, stepping into the elevator.


At the rehearsal dinner, Jim’s beautiful toast to Pam had me and Andy weeping. I offer Andy a tissue just as Jim lets it slip that Pam is pregnant, and Michael steps in, making everything worse.


Within the next hour, I hear Andy knocking at our door. I groan, not bothering to answer it.


“Can’t you stay in tonight?” I try, walking over to Dwight and sitting in his lap.


I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. He grabs my waist and holds me firmly on his lap, kissing me back.


Andy lets himself in, interrupting me and Dwight.


“Ah! God, I’m so sorry.” Andy says, awkwardly standing at the door.


“You should be, idiot.” Dwight grumbles kissing my lips and my neck once before lifting me off of his lap.


I giggle, leaving the room with Andy, and I feel Dwight slap my ass.


“I thought he was busy with Michael all weekend?” Andy asks as we walk towards the elevator.


“Yeah, well…” I shrug with a slight grin.


When Andy and I get to his room I find Kelly, Meredith, Ryan, Kevin, and Oscar. Some music is playing, and a few are dancing.

“Heck of a party…” I joke, pouring myself a drink.


“Not everyone’s shown up yet.” Andy defends.


Two hours and several drinks later, I start to drunk-dial Dwight.


“Hello? Alice? Are you alright?”


“Ooooh is that Alice? Have her come out, act like she’s interested in me, get the ball rolling–”


“No, Michael. Alice? Hello?”


I start giggling.


“Hey, Dwight! I miss you… Your voice is so nice…” I start to slur, leaning against the wall to keep myself up.


“Are you drunk, Alice? Maybe you should go back to our room and go to bed–”


“Hm?... g’night, I love you... Get Michael laid!”


I hang up the phone and heed his advice, heading back to our room. Once I get there I pull off my clothes, slip into his t-shirt, and fall fast asleep, curled up in bed. I wake up in the morning with a pounding headache, and I can hear the shower running. On the bedside table a see a glass of water and some medication to help my hangover. I sit up, down the pills and the water, and lay in bed waiting for Dwight to get out of the shower.


“Good morning, sleepy head.” He greets, grinning, a towel around his waist.


“Good morning,” I smile back, sitting up slightly. “How late was I out?”


Dwight chuckles to himself.


“Not late at all. I came back around 11 and you were already in bed.”


He has a dreamy look on his face, and goes in to kiss me.


“We should get some breakfast.” He adds, starting to get dressed.


“But I’m so cozy…” I protest, curling up into a ball.


The scent from his t-shirt hits me and I relish in the familiar, comforting smell.


“C’mon, Al, it’ll help your hangover.” He persuades, grabbing my hands and pulling me out of bed.


He looks down at me with a grin, kissing my forehead.


Dwight (smiling proudly): Yes, Alice said she loves me during a drunk phone call… I just wish it would’ve been left as a message so that I could have it…


Everyone stands around, waiting in the church for some time. Dwight puts his gift for Pam and Jim on the table and walks over to me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.


“You look really good, Dwight.” I whisper. “They’re already 25 minutes late, do you think we have time…” Dwight looks down at me with a mischievous grin, leading me out of the church.


Alice: Wow, one hour and they’re still not here? What?


The camera zooms in on Alice to get a clear view of a hickey at the top of her neck.


Alice (blushing): Uh, yeah, we uh…


Jim and Pam come through the chapel, hand-in-hand, grinning.


Alice (walking away): What’s up with Jim’s tie?  



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans